Tapology Forums

Diaz vs Condit 2?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

02.06.2012 | 12:51 AM ET

source mma weekly. if dana said he was a little interested you know they would pay both fighters alot of money to do it. anybody got the PPV numbers yet? i wondered when i watch the fight the second time if diaz just stopped in the middle of the ring and just stood there that condit would have to engaged. i hope it happens.

Responses Page 5

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

02.06.2012 | 7:57 PM ET

@Lopati I wouldn't mind the rematch if GSP will be out until mid-November. If GSP wants to come back in Aug. or Sept. it would be stupid not to wait. The first thing I think needs to happen is Dana needs to find out if Condit/Diaz was lucrative or not. If it wasn't, the match won't get a 2nd chance. Personally, I think Condit won the fight, and he would win again. Unless Diaz decides to change up his game and try to take it to the ground, then I don't think he's gonna win. Condit's smarter than that, and he knew he wasn't going to be KOing Diaz, so he decided not to play Diaz's game.

However, Condit himself did state today that he would be more interested in one of the other guys that currently has momentum because there is somewhat of a waiting list in his mind. He listed winner of Ellenberger/Sanchez (my favorite course of action), Hendricks, or Koscheck.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

02.06.2012 | 8:03 PM ET

Zarog, I think the rematch is a 35% possibility.  I still think and until I see GSP sign a contract with Condits name opposite his, I think that DIAZ-GSP will be his first fight back.  He has said too many times since Saturday that Diaz is the fight he really wants.  

Ultimately I think this fight deserves a rematch regardless of the PPV Revenue.  Those numbers can get schemed due to it being Super Bowl weekend (can't say that for fact, just a feeling).

I also think the best bet for Diaz-Condit to happen is Memorial Day weekend which the UFC just reserved this morning.  I also posted this shortly after the fight, in that thread too.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Lopati
Lopati

02.06.2012 | 8:07 PM ET

@Justyn, we can't even come to a consensus on this site as to who won the fight.  So saying Condit clearly won, is not realistic.  I still can't figure out which guy won the 2nd or 3rd rounds of that fight.

Regardless of our feelings on Diaz, Condit or GSP, the Diaz-Condit fight was an extremely close fight that could have gone either way.  It just depends on how you judge it, which is a personal opinion.  Are there other fights yeah there are, but what happens if Diaz beats Ellenburger/Kos/whoever and Condit loses to his opponent.  Rematch opportunity is gone.  

Sometimes rematches are based strictly on timing.  If one of these guys goes and loses than the opportunity for a rematch is gone.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

zarog
zarog

02.06.2012 | 8:09 PM ET

@Lopati One problem. Wasn't that for Vegas on the Memorial Weekend? Cesar Gracie on the MMAHour with Ariel essentially said he didn't want Nick to fight in Vegas because he didn't believe they could get a fair shake. Ariel offered up the idea as headlining on the UFC on Fox 3 card with Nate Diaz as co-main to spark interest for Nick. Cesar seemed more interested in that.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

02.06.2012 | 8:11 PM ET

@zarog Cesar really said that? Jeez, he's a *******.

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

Lopati
Lopati

02.06.2012 | 8:12 PM ET

Zarog, yeah I think it was for MGM.  Luckily for us Cesar Gracie is just a coach and not a BOOKER.  

zarog
zarog

02.06.2012 | 8:13 PM ET

Hybrid
Hybrid

02.06.2012 | 8:13 PM ET

@zarog I don't feel like reading anything that man has to say, to be perfectly honest.

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

02.06.2012 | 8:14 PM ET

Condit won. It was so obvious.

"الله أكبرl"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,137  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

02.06.2012 | 8:18 PM ET

Obviously most of the guys on here that have been SO Pro-Condit and saying he dominated are guys that just hate Diaz (Bomar, Anik, Bassist)...ok we get it.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Hybrid
Hybrid

02.06.2012 | 8:20 PM ET

@swickotine Yeah, there are plenty of guys on here who hate Diaz, but there are also plenty who don't hate him as well who also think Condit won. It's a mixed bag, really.

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,137  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

02.06.2012 | 8:22 PM ET

I don't care if people though Condit won because it was a close fight, but the guys saying he dominated and talk **** about Nick are just Diaz-Haters.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

norbar
norbar
  • Predictions:  2,367  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  473
  • Post Score: 129

02.06.2012 | 8:23 PM ET

Fightwise not but he did exactly what he planned. I think some people miss the differance.

"“Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.” ― Oscar Wilde"

Hybrid
Hybrid

02.06.2012 | 8:24 PM ET

@swick Define talking **** on Diaz. There has been less Diaz-****talking then I expected to be honest. Thankfully most of the talk has been about where he went wrong by refusing to adapt, or that he didn't land as significant of strikes as Condit did, instead of just insulting him. 

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

02.06.2012 | 8:25 PM ET

dominate should not be part of the discussion of the fight no matter who you think won

"I live, I die, I live again."

melvinj0
melvinj0
  • Predictions:  285  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 300

02.06.2012 | 8:25 PM ET

I like Diaz and Condit, I even picked Diaz to win. But I think Condit clearly won the fight and executed a very good gameplan that was perfect to counter Nick's style. Call it running, call it a boring performance, call it what ever you want. Fact is, Condit won the fight and gets to fight GSP. Rematch is pointless imo, we would see the same result.
zarog
zarog

02.06.2012 | 8:30 PM ET

Look, I'm not a Diaz hater. I like his fighting style. He gets into good scraps. I've watched the fight a couple times, and what I thought then is true now. I still think Condit won 50-45. I know the fightmetric on Rd. 2, but to be honest, I think it's exaggerating how many of Diaz's blows actually landed. Condit blocked nearly everything. The 5th round, Condit won the first 4 minutes of then had his back taken. During that time Condit landed 4 elbows, and Diaz landed 1 punch. With 10 seconds left, Condit reversed position and delivered a strike. I still see that round as being Condit's.

(Okay, down thumb away. I know almost everyone from both sides disagrees with me.)

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

02.06.2012 | 8:36 PM ET

Well the thing is, the winner of the fight isn't just whoever landed more strikes. The way I see it, Diaz won on, grappling, aggression, and octagon control. The striking was close, but even if you give it to condit I would have given the fight to Diaz 

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

zarog
zarog

02.06.2012 | 8:39 PM ET

@buffalo I think that's the problem. Diaz, didn't have Octagon control in my mind. Condit did a better job of keeping the fight in the middle of the cage for the majority of the time. Diaz couldn't get Condit up against the cage. Aggression definitely went to Diaz. Grappling was a wash. 1 of 3 on TDs and he got reversed. Condit landed more strikes while in the grappling part of the fight. Diaz was never close to a submission.

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

02.06.2012 | 8:41 PM ET

Condit landed more strikes, did more damage, and fought smarter.
Nick Diaz was the more aggressive but so what? Being smart and having a good gameplan > being aggressive and coming forward.

and @swick i don't recall ever saying Carlos dominated OR that i hate Diaz 

"Is reality really realistic?"

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Dana White Set To Roast Tom Brady On Netflix
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja ready to claim ‘King of Rio’ title if Jose Aldo retires
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Welch reveals his side of Sean O'Malley's sparring session with Alexandre Pantoja
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia live stream online
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Stream: Highlights, Results And More!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: There's no respect for 'smaller dudes' Conor McGregor, Max Holloway if it weren't for Jose Aldo
  • MMA Mania : How To Stream Canelo Vs. Munguia PPV Card
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira blasts ‘scared’ UFC middleweights for refusing fights, done calling out opponents
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 'Embedded,' No. 6: 'I suspect we're going to piss off a lot of Brazil'
  • MMA Mania : Preview: Canelo Vs. Munguia Full Fight Breakdown
  • Middle Easy : Ronda Rousey Agrees To Write Script For Netflix Film Based On Her Memoirs
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith dismisses online trolls ahead of UFC 301: ‘Fans are stupid’
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown announces his MMA retirement: ‘Not doing it again, I’m out’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 MMA retirement tracker: A list of those who hung up the gloves
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown, owner of second-most knockouts in UFC history, announces MMA retirement
  • Middle Easy : Alex Pereira Responds To Jon Jones’ Callout, Says Bout With ‘Bones’ Will Be ‘Biggest Fight Of His Career’
  • MMA Junkie : Stephen A. Smith 'disgusted' by Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson being sanctioned as a professional boxing bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Jonathan Martinez already beat two of his UFC heroes, Jose Aldo is next: ‘He had his chance’
  • MMA Mania : Cha-Ching! Canelo Expected To Earn Massive Cinco De Mayo Payday
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301: Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg live stream watch party at 9:45 p.m. ET