Tapology Forums

GSP is NOT P4P #1.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Eric
Eric
  • Predictions:  322  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 71

02.06.2011 | 11:22 AM ET

It's pretty clear Anderson Silva has earned that spot, solidifying it with last nights win over Belfort. Maybe when GSP starts finishing fights he can have a taste at #1. That is all.

"U Mad?"

Responses

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.06.2011 | 11:29 AM ET

After last night, I completely agree with you.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

02.06.2011 | 12:19 PM ET

Nope, Gsp is #1. Silva has looked human in the fight with sonnen and gsp has completely dominated almost every opponnet he has fought. Just because gsp doesn't finish people doesn't mean he isn't good.(Though I hope he finishs shields)

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

02.06.2011 | 12:21 PM ET

What if we make them both #1.5 ?

"I live, I die, I live again."

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

02.06.2011 | 12:24 PM ET

Sound's good to me.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Kokid951
Kokid951
  • Predictions:  667  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  540
  • Post Score: 213

02.06.2011 | 12:30 PM ET

good point but gsp is right there with him

"dont mistake kindness for weakness"

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.06.2011 | 12:55 PM ET

I had GSP ahead of Anderson before last night and I'm a HUGE Anderson fan.  But his knockout over Vitor Belfort was way too impressive to ignore.  GSP absolutely dominates and outclasses his opponents, but he's also often in positions where he could finish the fight, but doesn't want to risk losing.  Both GSP and Anderson have cleaned out their division, but in my opinion Anderson has done it in more impressive and much more exciting fashion.

Either it's pointless to argue about who's #1 now because the possibility of a fight between is very real now and will happen if GSP beats Shields.  Even if GSP loses to Shields it'll still determine who is truly #1.  Let's just wait this out and see what happens now.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

rockymountainway
rockymountainway
  • Predictions:  124  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 78

02.06.2011 | 1:04 PM ET

I can only hope that GSP gets by Shields so we can see a fight for a definitive #1 p4p fighter in the world.

"Your best is required everyday" John Wooden

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,712  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

02.06.2011 | 1:43 PM ET

I have gsp as number one right now and its because he has no real weaknesses.  I think if gsp was scaled up to the same height as silva and they fought he would dominate similar to sonnen but hed be able to either get a sub or at least defend himself from them.
That said an inflated gsp going in against a guy that is a fair amount bigger than him and a couple inches taller i think he will lose.  Its kinda like bj coming up against gsp, skills being equal the bigger guy wins.
Gsp is literally world class at everything he does, his stats (as pointed out in another thread) are second to none, and p4p to me has always been about skills.  
Andersons KO last night was damn impressive but i still think gsp is the more well rounded fighter with higher skills in all aspects than the rest of his weight division, where as anderson, a great fighter, has a weakness in his wrestling.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

02.06.2011 | 3:52 PM ET

this reminds me of my thread....

and i agree with you.

"We Are All One"

justsaymatte
justsaymatte
  • Predictions:  1,838  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 200

02.06.2011 | 4:15 PM ET

Anderson just beat a guy that hasnt fought since Sept. 2009 and had zero wins at MW in the UFC.  That some how makes up for him getting losing for 4+ rounds in his last fight, also.
LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.06.2011 | 4:32 PM ET

Anderson knocked out a fighter who was a champion when he started fighting.  Vitor had never truly been knocked out before this fight.  He did it with a front kick to the face which was the first time that had ever happened in the UFC, as far as I know.  He did it while slipping his head inches away from almost every punch Vitor threw even though Vitor's got some of THE fastest hands in the sport.

I think that fight made up for his submission win over Chael Sonnen, if that even really makes sense..

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

02.06.2011 | 4:42 PM ET

I'm tired of this ******** about the Sonnen fight. Silva had a broken rib, Sonnen was roiding, and Silva wanted the sub that he promised his coaches. And HE STILL WON THE FIGHT. Then he ******* ko's a great striker witha  front kick... a front kick. 

"We Are All One"

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

02.06.2011 | 6:04 PM ET

I had Anderson ahead of GSP before this fight.. and will keep him there. Until he loses, then it is unfair to take him down from his throne.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Jack Shore: The Welsh 'Tank' Is Ready To Roll Again
  • UFC.com : Michel Pereira: Guaranteed Excitement
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results (8 a.m. ET)
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Geo Martinez And Nicolas Renier Face Each Other In The Preliminary Card
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • The Athletic : UFC 301 predictions, previews, odds: Alexandre Pantoja looks to defend title in front of home Brazilian crowd
  • Jits Magazine : Full Lineup Announced For Fury Pro Grappling 10
  • MMA Mania : ‘Don’t Come Near Me If I See You Ever Ryan Garcia’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Oliveira Vs. Gamrot? Naaaaaah
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds: ‘Prelims’ Props And More!
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301