Tapology Forums

LW is the weakest division in the UFC.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,873  |  54.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,623
  • Post Score: -69

10.23.2023 | 4:48 PM ET

I recently looked at the UFC rankings for LW.  WOW.  It was a suprise to see some names on the top 15 list.

Dan Hooker @ 9. A.500 fighter that is one dimensional.
Jalin Turner @ 11. A .600 fighter that is 6-4 in the UFC whose best win is Brad Riddel whom is on a 3 fight skid.
Booby Green @ 12. A .500 fighter who is 12- 9-2 in the UFC. Best win is Grant Dawson.
Matt Frelova @ 14. WHOOOOO  LOL 5-3 in the UFC. Betst win is Drew Dober.  I mean come on that is your #14?
Drew Dober @ 15. A .500 fighter with a 13-7-1 UFC record. Bobby green best win. 4 of the 7 loses are by submission. Terrible.

On the fightmatrix website, 4 of the top 15 fighters in the LW division are outside of the UFC.

Khabib and Islam have really padded their record in the UFC. Crazy feat if you think about it.

Outside UFC LW rank

AJ Mckee #8 20-1

OAM #9 20-5

Nathan Schulte #10 20-5-1

Usman U #13 17-0

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

Responses

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,350  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6,377
  • Post Score: 136

10.23.2023 | 6:35 PM ET

You have some points there I would like to see AJ and Usman Nurg in UFC, or at least get more quality comp.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,804  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,582
  • Post Score: 261

10.23.2023 | 11:58 PM ET

Your so wrong bro. Lightweight a top 4 division with bantamweight, welterweight and  Featherweight, I can use your logic to **** on any division, no division has a perfect top 15, but lightweight top 15 is better then most, also it a good thing for the division that they’re talent outside of the ufc, show they’re depth their

Also, flyweight don’t have depth,  middleweight and above have less skill because they’re bigger and WMMA is just a worst version of men MMA

* Edited at 10.24.2023, 12:00 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,804  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,582
  • Post Score: 261

10.24.2023 | 12:20 AM ET

Also, Khabib and Islam are both two of the best to ever do,it. People disrespect they’re skills are stupid.Islam just Knockout Volk standing, and clubbed and subbed Charles Oliveria both of whom are also all time greats. And Khabib fought Conor, Justin,Edson Dustin and RDA, only lost round 3 to Conor, 

I’m not even a Khabib or Islam fan, but you have to respect what they’re do, they’re all time greats of the sport

* Edited at 10.24.2023, 12:21 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

The Giraffe
The Giraffe
  • Predictions:  2,649  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  91
  • Post Score: 175

10.24.2023 | 2:24 AM ET

Tough to imagine a criteria, a formula, an algorithm, or any system of evaluation that would lead to results indicating that LW is the "weakest" division.   
flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,765  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,787
  • Post Score: 273

10.24.2023 | 10:11 AM ET

Islam
Charles
Chandler
Gaethje
Dariush
Poirior
It's been a battle for the belt, you are not paying attention to what happens at lightweight. HW division is STARK. 185 and 205 are suffering but Jiri and Hill fight will happen soon. 

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Colby Covington Claims ‘The Ship Has Sailed’ on Ian Garry Fight, Calls Out Charles Oliveira and Belal Muhammad
  • MMA Junkie : UFC books 'Korean Super Boy' Doo Ho Choi return vs. Bill Algeo
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul press conference video at 5:30 p.m. ET
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis medical suspensions: 2 fighters face indefinite layoffs until cleared
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Aldo, Till, Hooper, Feldman, and Johnson now
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator champ Ryan Bader joins cast for Mark Kerr biopic starring The Rock
  • UFC.com : UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7
  • MMAFighting.com : Colby Covington says ship sailed on Ian Machado Garry fight, wants Belal Muhammad or Charles Oliveira instead
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 medical suspensions: Nine fighters headed to shelf after St. Louis return
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241: Make your predictions for Edson Barboza vs. Lerone Murphy
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Bader joins cast for Mark Kerr biopic starring Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
  • MMA Mania : Covington Calls For ‘Legacy’ Fight Against Oliveira
  • UFC.com : Lerone Murphy Primed To Test Himself
  • UFC.com : This Week On UFC FIGHT PASS | May 13, 2024 - May 19, 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Lerone Murphy: UFC Fight Night 241 headliner vs. Edson Barboza 'a fraud check' for me
  • UFC.com : How To Watch Road To UFC Season 3
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Says Alex Pereira Should Be In GOAT Conversation If He Wins Heavyweight Title
  • MMA Junkie : Joe Rogan says Mike Tyson in savage mode: 'If I was Jake Paul, I would be sh*tting my pants'
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Paul Vs. Tyson Press Conference Video!
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Veteran Mansher Khera Moves To 8-0 In MMA Career At Fury FC 90