Tapology Forums

Chael Sonnen vs Anderson Silva Disscusion

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

irishmaniac2000
irishmaniac2000
  • Predictions:  66  |  53.0%
  • Forum Posts:  421
  • Post Score: 69

01.21.2012 | 11:52 AM ET

What happens if (I should say when) Chael beats Bisping, and he gets his rematch with Silva. Chael will kill Anderson.

"When you're the best fighter in the world, they don't call you a great fighter, they call you Chael Sonnen." - Chael Sonnen

Responses Page 2

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

01.21.2012 | 3:04 PM ET

@Nik, Believe me, I agree on every single point you made. I dont believe Andersons ribs are a valid excuse as I said. However, along the lines, Sonnen did SOMETHING to warrant a ban; the athletic commissions obviously believe that Sonnen did not directly attempt to cheat to gain an advantage of Silva so on that front I will retract that comment.

Now, to address the one dimensional comment: He submitted Chael, showing two dimensions :p. Just kidding. Chael however, doesnt have that many dimensions himself. His Jits game isnt good and his striking would be average if not complimented by his excellent wrestling - his wrestling makes his striking technique look better than it is. 

The better fighter comment is abit stretched. I completely agree Chael was more dominant but from a neutral perspective, it looked as if Silva wasnt being damaged on the bottom, despite the countless punches, thus had the energy to pull a 5th round submission. At the end of the day, Silva carefully exposed Chaels weakness more than Chael exposed his; his submission defence was awful at the end and Chael let a win slip away from him.

I think the biggest problem from both camps is that Silva fans cant accept Anderson Silva won in poor fashion and that Chael Sonnen lost in spectacular fashion. At the end of the day, the latter is worthless in terms of being champion.

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

01.21.2012 | 3:21 PM ET

@Anik Good point. I agree with you.

@Russello I said Sonnen made him look one dimensional for a majority of the fight.

"I think the biggest problem from both camps is that Silva fans cant accept Anderson Silva won in poor fashion and that Chael Sonnen lost in spectacular fashion. At the end of the day, the latter is worthless in terms of being champion."

thats probably the most true statement ever.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

SonnensSyringe
SonnensSyringe
  • Predictions:  79,138  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,881
  • Post Score: 337

01.21.2012 | 3:31 PM ET

I just don't get the point in having this argument yet. The rematch is anything but set in stone. Let's save this discussion for after the Bisping fight. Just for the record, I think that Chael has improved his ground game since their first fight, although it really remains to be seen just how much. Secondly, I think that Anderson will be a little bit more prepared for Sonnen's attack this time around. And while Anderson might be "healthy" this time around, I also think that 2 years of aging isn't going to help his chances. I don't really have much else to input on the subject right now.

"You look like a 1987 John Hughes high school bully." - Swickotine

Kingleo234
Kingleo234
  • Predictions:  420  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 50

01.21.2012 | 5:38 PM ET

True Silva will find his own mistakes from the first fight and will not make them twice

"Knowledge is power "

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Mania : ‘Thank You, Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler reacts to Conor McGregor becoming part owner of BKFC
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 post-event facts: Ryan Spann's struggles continue
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Reacts To Conor McGregor’s BKFC Ownership: ‘Nobody Moved That Needle Like Him’
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic knows Ian Machado Garry won't fight him but in his 'humble opinion,' would knock him out
  • MMAFighting.com : David Feldman explains how Conor McGregor became BKFC co-owner, how Dana White may react
  • MMA Mania : BKFC, The Morning After: It’s Finally Time For Perry Vs. Till
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez content UFC on ESPN 55 served as reminder: 'Honestly, I haven't changed'
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Stars 12 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Duffee, Hunt Suffer TKO Injuries At KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry on fiery Darren Till callout: ‘He’s talking his sh*t but he ain’t doing nothing’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Program total passes $25 million
  • MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC on ESPN 55 with rare Mumford & Sons, Led Zeppelin, Eminem Curse
  • MMA Mania : Biggest Winners, Loser From UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : ‘Platinum’ Got Paid! (KnuckleMania 4 Salaries Revealed)
  • MMA Mania : Charly Arnolt Makes Short-Notice UFC History
  • MMA Mania : Charly Arnolt Makes UFC history
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 2-4
  • Jits Magazine : Demetrious ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson Promoted To BJJ Black Belt