Tapology Forums

Killswitch Engage

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

01.08.2012 | 10:11 PM ET

Nothing to do in MMA but over the week but Howard Jones from the Metal band Killswitch Engage announced that he would be leaving the band and the band would be continuing on without him.
I for one HATE when bands do that, i think it is unbelievably ****** up when someone in a band decides he wants a break and the band just moves on without him. Howard Jones was in KsE for 9 years and 3 amazing albums and without him it can not be Killswitch Engage.
Anyone that knows the band feel welcome to discuss what you think of this decision.

"Is reality really realistic?"

Responses

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

01.08.2012 | 10:13 PM ET

theyve done this before, he isnt the original singer 

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

01.08.2012 | 10:15 PM ET

I know he isn't but considering he was in the band for 9 years and really helped put them on the map just going on without him is ******* wrong!

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

01.08.2012 | 10:18 PM ET

His badass voice was the reason i liked the band........pretty suckish news

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

01.08.2012 | 10:26 PM ET

WHAT? THAT'S TOTAL ********.

While they weren't making albums, I started listening to Times of Grace. It's literally the original lineup of KsE but Jesse Leach changed his voice style. He sounds like a white Howard Jones.

The whole album's amazing.

"الله أكبرl"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

01.08.2012 | 10:28 PM ET

Howard Jones > Jesse Leach
However My last Serenade is a ******* great song!

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

01.08.2012 | 10:32 PM ET

By the way there have been rumors going around about who will be the next singer for KsE the first rumor was that Phil Labonte from All That Remains would be replacing him but he quickly shot that rumor down.
Now the old singer from Divine Heresy (i don't know his name) will be auditioning for the spot.

Anik
Anik

01.08.2012 | 10:33 PM ET

@justynbomar Never said Howard Jones was bad, he's ******* amazing. He's easily the greatest singer in the history of metalcore.

With that being said, if you want a KsE-esqe sound, check out Times of Grace.

Oh and by the way, this ***'s apparently gonna be the new singer for KsE:

EDIT: According to justynbomar, Phil Labonte won't be...thank god.

* Edited at 01.08.2012, 10:36 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

SeverusRap1st
SeverusRap1st

01.08.2012 | 10:34 PM ET

i saw them when i was in 9nth grade and im 23 now.  Funny thing is the chick who i ****** with the ass the size of 4 basketballs somehow got me beer at the show that day.  Fast woward 5 years later she ****d me.
JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

01.08.2012 | 10:35 PM ET

@anik no i know dude i was just saying Howard is better lol
But i gotta disagree with the rest of your post i would say Phil Labonte (All That Remains) is the best singer in Metalcore, i think he has a far better vocal range then Howard did. But Howard does have better clean vocals.
But why the ATR hate?

Anik
Anik

01.08.2012 | 10:41 PM ET

@justynbomar Because ATR is just like every other metalcore band, and Phil Labonte just like every other metalcore singer.

Howard Jones and Jesse Leach have a style that's different from the norm, that's why I like it so much. It's much more powerful and filled with much more emotion, whereas Philip Labonte sounds like any other angsty *****. And there is no way in hell that Phil Labonte is the greatest singer in the history of Metalcore. That title goes to Howard Jones and it's not even a contest. Brian Fair could be second, but Howard is DEFINITELY first.

"الله أكبرl"

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

01.08.2012 | 10:43 PM ET

I was also curious about the ATR hate. Howard Jones voice is phenomenal. He's his own worst critic though. He wanted to live up to the former singer's standards. With the fan base I mean. This is definitely bummer news. 

I listened to this song first by Times of Grace, and absolutely love the song.

^ Another kick ass band that should be discovered.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

01.08.2012 | 10:44 PM ET

@abik Dude have you heard anything off ATR's new album? It;s not like any Metalcore i have heard before

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

01.08.2012 | 10:49 PM ET

@AnikM. There's no point saying one singer is ahead of another. They all have their own unique style and distinct sound. To be honest the majority of bands sound alike all the time now. Which is why there should just be appreciation for all the metal/rock bands out there. If it weren't for those singers and raw metal. We'd  be stuck with radio simple minded music that the majority of people like to listen to. I appreciate all music but some bands don't get enough attention. Usually it's the metalcore in my opinion. 

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Anik
Anik

01.08.2012 | 10:51 PM ET

@BodyModifier That song is awesome, just listen to the whole album. You'll enjoy every song, guaranteed.
@justynbomar You know what? I'll listen to the whole thing tomorrow and I'll give you my incite, 'cause I love you so much. How's that?

"الله أكبرl"

Anik
Anik

01.08.2012 | 10:55 PM ET

@BodyModifier Agreed completely with the diversity in every singer. And there is no point of saying one singer is ahead of another, just like how there's no point in having rankings in MMA. It fuels discussion though.

And I love all forms of music and yes, some bands don't get enough attention. And yes, it's usually metalcore. But metalcore won't have mainstream success ever, because every hardcore music genre in the history of music has never had mainstream success. It just doesn't appeal to enough people. 

I don't buy that "appreciation for all metal/rock bands" crap. I respect them yes, but I can only appreciate art that's being created by one's self, not some borrowed crap that everyone does.

"الله أكبرl"

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

01.08.2012 | 11:04 PM ET

@AnikM. I honestly believe when an artist is writing a song. The bands and music that they listen to influences their writing and sound. So I think bands are going to sound alike more so than not. It also has to do with the trend or music taste at the time. For instance Dubstep is becoming very common to people's play lists now. I'm not necessarily saying this is what happens all the time, but seems to happen this way sometimes. 

If that's what you're meaning. 

Your post is dead on as well. Had to thumbs it up.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

01.08.2012 | 11:08 PM ET

And I'll definitely listen to the whole album.

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

01.08.2012 | 11:09 PM ET

@anik sounds ******* good!!! haha In my opinion For We Are Many is the best Metalcore album ever and ATR actually really surprised me since the album before it (overcome) was so mainstream

Anik
Anik

01.08.2012 | 11:11 PM ET

@BodyModifier You're right, it does. But there is a difference between influence and imitation.

And Dubstep is becoming popular because of the crowd associated with it, much like Punk in the late 70s-early 80's.

"الله أكبرl"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

01.08.2012 | 11:14 PM ET

Dubstep = ******** poser music

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya ‘Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat
  • Bad Left Hook : Ennis vs Crowley official for July 13 in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Jaron Ennis vs Cody Crowley official for July 13th in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Hughie Fury joins May 11 McCaskill vs Price show
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker confident he'll handle Khamzat Chimaev's wrestling in UFC Saudi Arabia showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant eviscerates ‘piece of sh*t’ Dillon Danis in fiery response to accusations 
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I don’t think you can get into Canelo’s head’: Former Golden Boy matchmaker on Oscar beef
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski calls Jose Aldo featherweight GOAT ahead of UFC 301: 'He's how a champion should be'
  • MMA Mania : ‘12 Gauge’ Unloads On ‘Piece Of S—t’ Danis After Alleged Affair Claims