Tapology Forums

The Lucky Bastard Game

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,361  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,324
  • Post Score: 285

08.26.2022 | 6:29 AM ET

WHAT IS IT?

In short, it works similar to the Tapology Survivor game in the sense that it continues every week until there's a winner (or in some cases in this game no winner) but instead of picking your fighters, get assigned a random fighter from the upcoming UFC card and hope they win. 

FORMAT:

1) To enter, simply say that you want to enter at the start of a new game. The length of the games depend entirely on how long it takes to either find a winner or eliminate everyone.

2) Then, you will randomly be assigned a fighter from the upcoming UFC card. This will be decided by me using this site I found wheeldecide.com and putting all the fighters names on a wheel and going through the list of players one by one and spinning the wheel to decide which fighter they get. I'll make a very low quality video of the draw and post it here to show I'm not deliberately messing with anyone in particular. It might mean that some people end up with the same fighter but that doesn't affect the game as it's more of an everybody fighting for themselves kinda game rather than a head to head game.

3) If your randomly assigned fighter wins their fight then you're through to the next round. If their fight get cancelled or postponed then I'll count it as a loss as it would be considered unlucky. Draws and no contests will also count as losses for the same reason. This happens every week until there is only one left and they will be the winner. In a unique twist to make the game as stupid as possible, if everyone eventually goes out, then nobody wins the game and the game will be marked in the record books as "nobody ******* won" or something like that. For example, if there are 2 or 3 people left and they all have losing fighters then nobody wins the game. I feel this also adds weight to the game as you have to be REALLY lucky to be a winner as you literally have to be luckier than every other competitor to be the only one left standing!

WHAT DOES THE WINNER GET?

A place on the list of winners that will be displayed on the opening post of every new game and their current AV put on the new game poster (see below) in the middle of the horseshow so they effectively become the poster boy/girl/other for the new game!

Any questions, just ask! And remember, please don't take this game too seriously! I mean, it's practically a satire of the Survivor Game when you think about it lol!

For the sake of record keeping and historical intrigue, here's the link to the Tapology Lucky Bastard Game: 1st Edition that was on a separate thread: https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/68098

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 68

yorma
yorma
  • Predictions:  30,175  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,462
  • Post Score: 292

04.13.2024 | 12:30 PM ET

Hey how can I found my picks? Things have changed here since and I'm a bit confused 

"And whats up with y'all, Looking at me like a monkey, You !?! Yeah right, You're all saints, You !! Bunch of macaques !! Gimme a baby monkey, He'll be .. Wonderfull"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,489  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,788
  • Post Score: 180

04.13.2024 | 2:15 PM ET

Very interesting edition here. In our special one-off, we've got 20 of the 26 fighters on the card represented and we have action in every fight. The only fighters left out are Alex Pereira, Justin Gaethje, Kayla Harrison, Jalin Turner, Deiveson Figueiredo, and Aleksandar Rakic and Rakic is involved in our regular game.

The first of our 16 players in the prelims is BoomShakaLaka with +240 underdog Cody Garbrandt vs. Deiveson Figueiredo

Next up ccollins44 and Cozstradamus have -185 favorite King Bobby Green vs. Foghorn Sam and Mason0 with +150 underdog Jim ************* Miller.  

In the 3rd fight we get what can only be accurately described as karmic justice as our beloved Stephen Terry is once again paired by the wheel with -140 favorite Jessica Andrade vs. Kkkomboo and PiggyBank with +120 underdog Marina Rodriguez

4th fight has Calfoth and UNDER SURVEILLANCE with +195 underdog Renato Moicano

5th fight has Baron Von Rattus with +125 underdog Sodiq Yusuff vs. Rigno with -150 favorite Diego Lopes

6th fight: Schwerindustrie gets to be bored all by himself with +340 underdog Holly Holm vs. Kayla Harrison

7th: Ayy with +145 dog Calvin Kattar vs. Xconchris with -175 favorite Aljamain Sterling. Themmahistorian has Kattar in the main game.

and in the PME, which is a literal tossup; both guys are -110, Cheeseball has Jiri Prochazka while Bellatrix has Aleksandar Rakic in the main game.

On to the PPV where we have 15 players:

CangrejoRuiz gets us started with -2000! favorite Bo Nickal (ridiculous placement) vs. trig with +950 (that margin is as ridiulous as the fight placement) underdog Cody Brundage.

Then on to our Lucky Bastard Main Event as Drmaxis2, FresnoMMA, Schatte, and Sigu all have +170 underdog Do Bronx vs. kushycake and Troz with -205 favorite Tsarukyan. 

3rd fight has Trail Allman with +130 underdog Max Holloway vs. Justin Gaethje

And it what should be a blaring siren to all gamblers to bet on an underdog, the wheel has given me -550 favorite Weili Zhang vs. CaptnKbec, The Duck, Dixgo514, and djtommyteknique, all with +390 underdog Xiaonan Yan.

We finish off the night with TARTARA paired with +115 slight dog Jamahal Hill vs. Alex Pereira. 

Good luck to all. 

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,489  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,788
  • Post Score: 180

04.13.2024 | 7:39 PM ET

Give her her flowers Stephen, she got you a win.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Themmahistorian
Themmahistorian
  • Predictions:  1,388  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  42
  • Post Score: 543

04.14.2024 | 1:53 AM ET

Soo.... what does that mean then hahah 

" !!!!Making History Everday!!!! @ themmahistorian.com"

Themmahistorian
Themmahistorian
  • Predictions:  1,388  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  42
  • Post Score: 543

04.14.2024 | 1:57 AM ET

O damnn just read it i guess that gg ima get that title tho u wait haja and from reason 
@Bellatrix 
i
Couldnt join the link you sent me but again gg we tried hah u deff almost had that tho jiri is a tank. Hah

" !!!!Making History Everday!!!! @ themmahistorian.com"

Troz
Troz
  • Predictions:  2,709  |  70.5%
  • Forum Posts:  546
  • Post Score: 147

04.14.2024 | 3:06 AM ET

The wheel strikes again!!! This is what we get for questioning it's power and creating a one-off special game!!

Everybody make sure to say three Hail Wheels into the mirror tonight....

"We fall, but we get up because the ground is no place for a champion." - Dustin Poirier

Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo
  • Predictions:  731  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  597
  • Post Score: 126

04.14.2024 | 9:54 AM ET

I have a dream to get drunk with Terry lol. And another one - to see mma podcast from Terry and Bisping. Dana, make it happen!

"It's never too late to develop your critical thinking capacities"

Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo

04.14.2024 | 10:07 AM ET

The wheel

The wheel is getting  much more dangerous in championship rounds just like a Holloway 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.14.2024 | 9:23 PM ET

@Kkkomboo 

Both of those would be awesome lol! Funny thing was that when I was watching Michael Bisping earlier in his career (shaved head era Bisping) I couldn't stand him because of the **** he used to chat and it was only really from the Anderson Silva fight onwards that I grew to like him. His YouTube channel is also brilliant to watch as well and massively underrated!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.14.2024 | 9:31 PM ET

@mulefloyd 

It's crazy that I've been drawn with her twice now and both times I've written her off and both times she's won! Fair play to her, I've really got to start putting some respect on her name!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.14.2024 | 9:37 PM ET

Tapology Lucky Bastard Game Special Edition: Unlucky Bastards UFC 300 Invitational Result!

31 entered unlucky bastards entered. Only 13 managed to win the consolation wooden spoon. A 58.06% elimination rate from 
@The Wheel 
!

Congratulations to the following Unlucky Bastards UFC 300 Invitational winners!

• Calfoth
  • CangrejoRuiz
  • ccollins44
  • Cheeseball
  • Cozstradamus
  • kushycake
  • mulefloyd
  • Rigno
  • Stephen Terry
  • Trail Allman
  • Troz
  • UNDER SURVEILLANCE
  • Xconchris

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.14.2024 | 9:55 PM ET

After 6 Rounds, We Have A Winner!

After dragging it out for a historic 6th round,
@The Wheel 
decided to stop playing with his food and finish it off! Congratulations to
@The Wheel 
for winning the Tapology Lucky Bastard Game: 18th Edition and it's 6th Title in the process!
@The Wheel 
gets to feature on the poster for the Tapology Lucky Bastard Game: 19th Edition that is now open! The game will start with UFC Fight Night: Nicolau VS Perez and I'll be making the first video for it on Thursday as I've got plans on Friday evening so that will mean that the weigh ins might also become a factor unfortunately. 

The following people have lifetime passes and have been added to the game automatically. Anyone else who wants to enter, just say so in the thread!

• AyyLmaonnaise
  • Bellatrix
  • BoomShakaLaka
  • CangrejoRuiz
  • CaptnKbec
  • ccollins44
  • Cheeseball
  • DamienHandel420
  • Drmaxis2
  • Foghorn Sam
  • Kkkomboo
  • kushycake
  • mulefloyd
  • PiggyBank
  • Rigno
  • Schatte
  • Xconchris

Good luck everyone!

Cozstradamus
Cozstradamus
  • Predictions:  20,966  |  69.7%
  • Forum Posts:  393
  • Post Score: 193

04.14.2024 | 10:00 PM ET

What do I have to do to earn a lifetime pass?  Admit that soccer is better than football?  Chips are actually fries and crisps are chips?  Jaffa cakes are superior to oreos?  Name your price 
@Stephen Terry 

"what aint no country I've ever heard of. they speak English in what?"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.14.2024 | 10:48 PM ET

@Cozstradamus 

Just asking for one is enough lol! Been a while since I've actually had someone ask tbh but this is guarantees your entry into every future game so you don't have to bother saying "in" each time! Of course you can also opt out of games as well if you want to take a break from it like
@Ubermacht 
is until further notice. Anyway, it's good until the end of time so even if you died tomorrow, your legacy will still live on as an entrant in these games!

Troz
Troz
  • Predictions:  2,709  |  70.5%
  • Forum Posts:  546
  • Post Score: 147

04.14.2024 | 10:50 PM ET

@Stephen Terry 
I would also like a lifetime pass! And count me in on this next one!

"We fall, but we get up because the ground is no place for a champion." - Dustin Poirier

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

04.14.2024 | 10:58 PM ET

@Troz 

Of course mate! Your place in every future game is now guaranteed!

Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo

04.15.2024 | 7:39 AM ET

@Stephen Terry 
Yes, I like "believe you me" too but it's time to cut Lion Heart off and take Panther Heart you know

* Edited at 04.15.2024, 7:41 AM ET *

Cozstradamus
Cozstradamus
  • Predictions:  20,966  |  69.7%
  • Forum Posts:  393
  • Post Score: 193

04.15.2024 | 8:48 AM ET

I'm adding this to my CV.  Thank you 
@Stephen Terry 
for the honor :')

"what aint no country I've ever heard of. they speak English in what?"

Trail Allman
Trail Allman
  • Predictions:  1,076  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  19
  • Post Score: 247

04.15.2024 | 9:43 AM ET

welllll ****, put me in terry. I need a reason to be pumped for this apex card.
Calfoth
Calfoth
  • Predictions:  3,083  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,838
  • Post Score: 174

04.15.2024 | 3:16 PM ET

I’m in, a lifetime pass would be cool aswell 

"POUND FOR POUND, HEADSHOT, DEAD - Leon Edwards "

Page 68

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘PFL Is Not Making A Lot Of Money’
  • MMA Mania : ‘He Literally Is Always In Trouble’
  • MMAFighting.com : Beneil Dariush announced as 2024 Forrest Griffin Community Award recipient
  • UFC.com : Five Caio Borralho Fights To Watch Before UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Will Be Sanctioned as a Professional Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez confident she could impose her will against Zhang Weili: 'My grappling is very, very good'
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘UFC 301 countdown’ video
  • MMA Mania : Sorry, Bobby! ‘Baddy’ Vs. Moicano ‘Would Be Very, Very Funny’
  • UFC.com : Main Event Spotlight | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Hernandez out of UFC 302 fight with Roman Dolidze
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Shares Heartbreaking Message Following the Tragic Death of His 18-Month-Old Son
  • MMA Mania : ‘Nicolau Had Only What He Deserved’
  • MMAFighting.com : Clay Collard vs. Mads Burnell to headline PFL event in Salt Lake City in June
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 medical suspensions: 5 fighters potentially out 180 days
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 medical suspensions: Mike Perry faces 60 days off after 60-second bout
  • MMA Mania : Hughes Debut Set For Bellator Dublin
  • MMAFighting.com : Jorge Masvidal rips Jake Paul for MMA callout: ‘You can’t even box, now all of a sudden you’re doing f*cking MMA?’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev says he has the key for an 'easy fight' vs. Dustin Poirier: 'It's worst style for this guy'
  • UFC.com : UFC 301 Embedded | All Episodes
  • MMA Junkie : Francis Ngannou's 15-month-old son dies; ex-UFC champ expresses heartbreak on social media