Tapology Forums

The Lucky Bastard Game

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,475  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,340
  • Post Score: 285

08.26.2022 | 6:29 AM ET

WHAT IS IT?

In short, it works similar to the Tapology Survivor game in the sense that it continues every week until there's a winner (or in some cases in this game no winner) but instead of picking your fighters, get assigned a random fighter from the upcoming UFC card and hope they win. 

FORMAT:

1) To enter, simply say that you want to enter at the start of a new game. The length of the games depend entirely on how long it takes to either find a winner or eliminate everyone.

2) Then, you will randomly be assigned a fighter from the upcoming UFC card. This will be decided by me using this site I found wheeldecide.com and putting all the fighters names on a wheel and going through the list of players one by one and spinning the wheel to decide which fighter they get. I'll make a very low quality video of the draw and post it here to show I'm not deliberately messing with anyone in particular. It might mean that some people end up with the same fighter but that doesn't affect the game as it's more of an everybody fighting for themselves kinda game rather than a head to head game.

3) If your randomly assigned fighter wins their fight then you're through to the next round. If their fight get cancelled or postponed then I'll count it as a loss as it would be considered unlucky. Draws and no contests will also count as losses for the same reason. This happens every week until there is only one left and they will be the winner. In a unique twist to make the game as stupid as possible, if everyone eventually goes out, then nobody wins the game and the game will be marked in the record books as "nobody ******* won" or something like that. For example, if there are 2 or 3 people left and they all have losing fighters then nobody wins the game. I feel this also adds weight to the game as you have to be REALLY lucky to be a winner as you literally have to be luckier than every other competitor to be the only one left standing!

WHAT DOES THE WINNER GET?

A place on the list of winners that will be displayed on the opening post of every new game and their current AV put on the new game poster (see below) in the middle of the horseshow so they effectively become the poster boy/girl/other for the new game!

Any questions, just ask! And remember, please don't take this game too seriously! I mean, it's practically a satire of the Survivor Game when you think about it lol!

For the sake of record keeping and historical intrigue, here's the link to the Tapology Lucky Bastard Game: 1st Edition that was on a separate thread: https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/68098

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 62

Troz
Troz
  • Predictions:  2,737  |  70.6%
  • Forum Posts:  558
  • Post Score: 146

03.02.2024 | 9:59 PM ET

Congrats Baron. I thought you were a goner when I saw what you drew.

I'm in for the next one Stephen Terry!

"We fall, but we get up because the ground is no place for a champion." - Dustin Poirier

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.02.2024 | 10:11 PM ET

Congratulations to
@Baron Von Rattus 
for pulling off what is probably the biggest underdog upset to win the Tapology Lucky Bastard Game: 17th Edition! This is now the 2nd time he's won after his previous win in the very first game and also gets the honour of being the poster boy for the Tapology Lucky Bastard Game: 18th Edition which is now open! I've added
@Cozstradamus 
and
@Troz 
to the game as they've already asked and as usual, the following lifetime pass holders have also been added to the game:

• AyyLmaonnaise
  • Bellatrix
  • BoomShakaLaka
  • CangrejoRuiz
  • CaptnKbec
  • ccollins44
  • Cheeseball
  • DamienHandel420
  • Drmaxis2
  • Foghorn Sam
  • Kkkomboo
  • kushycake
  • mulefloyd
  • PiggyBank
  • Rigno
  • Schatte
  • Xconchris

Anyone else who wants to enter, just say so in the thread! Come and have a go if you think you're lucky enough! 

UNDER SURVEILLANCE
UNDER SURVEILLANCE
  • Predictions:  15,821  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,057
  • Post Score: 65

03.02.2024 | 10:25 PM ET

Hey

Mr. Terry could I get included please sir.

"It doesn't matter what part of the world we are from. We are brothers and sisters together as one." kjh Home of the Michigan Tech Huskies, Copper Kings and Portage Lake Pioneers! Go Teams!

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,986  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186

03.02.2024 | 10:30 PM ET

@STi IN Please !

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Calfoth
Calfoth
  • Predictions:  3,163  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,877
  • Post Score: 174

03.02.2024 | 11:11 PM ET

I shall be the luckiest of the bastards this time 

"POUND FOR POUND, HEADSHOT, DEAD - Leon Edwards "

UNDER SURVEILLANCE
UNDER SURVEILLANCE

03.02.2024 | 11:18 PM ET

When

@Calfoth 
  you tell ah story. Your never supposed to give out the ending.

"It doesn't matter what part of the world we are from. We are brothers and sisters together as one." kjh Home of the Michigan Tech Huskies, Copper Kings and Portage Lake Pioneers! Go Teams!

Trail Allman
Trail Allman
  • Predictions:  1,089  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 260

03.03.2024 | 10:59 AM ET

One of these weeks will be mine… Gratz rat!
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.03.2024 | 5:42 PM ET

I forgot to mention it in the previous post but obviously the first round will start with UFC 299 this week and I'll probably be making the first video for it on Friday evening.

Mason0
Mason0
  • Predictions:  926  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 300

03.03.2024 | 7:57 PM ET

@Stephen Terry 
How do i join?
Dixgo514
Dixgo514
  • Predictions:  5,179  |  79.8%
  • Forum Posts:  234
  • Post Score: 194

03.03.2024 | 7:59 PM ET

I would like to join as well, but dunno how it works
Cozstradamus
Cozstradamus
  • Predictions:  21,427  |  69.7%
  • Forum Posts:  405
  • Post Score: 192

03.03.2024 | 8:05 PM ET

I'll explain - it all begins with a fire ceremony.  You set some maple logs out and light the bonfire, then you must burn an effigy of Michael Bisping (Stephen is British).  After that you must recite, dare I say, chant, the song Wonderwall in 3 different languages coming from countries the UK has colonized (keeping with the British theme).

Next is the water ceremony, where you must go bathe yourself completely in the Thames river, and while you bathe you must drink an entire 6 pack of Strongbow Dark Fruits .  If you let a single drop of the magical British elixir fall into the river, you have failed and you must exile yourself on the Isle of Man.

Lastly, you must partake in the ink ceremony, where you get a tattoo of the Pink Panther saying 'Oi bruv innit'.  Once all those ceremonies are complete you will get the
@Stephen Terry 
approval to join the game.  Best of luck brothers.

* Edited at 03.03.2024, 8:16 PM ET *

"what aint no country I've ever heard of. they speak English in what?"

Dixgo514
Dixgo514
  • Predictions:  5,179  |  79.8%
  • Forum Posts:  234
  • Post Score: 194

03.03.2024 | 8:18 PM ET

@Cozstradamus 
Sounds cool brotha. I'M IN

I wanna be the luckiest bastard

* Edited at 03.04.2024, 12:09 AM ET *

UNDER SURVEILLANCE
UNDER SURVEILLANCE

03.03.2024 | 8:57 PM ET

I'm glad

@Cozstradamus 
 to know this now. Since I had to cancel my trip to London last year. It is back in the books. One question I have is. Do you think that if I brought a gallon of Lake Superior water over would that work or maybe change the ceremony even better? Me and Mr. Terry were just talking about Lake Superior water to. 

trig
trig
  • Predictions:  5,439  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  291
  • Post Score: 332

03.04.2024 | 2:26 PM ET

Sign me up

I just finished my  6 pack of Strongbow Dark Fruits and didnt spill a single drop. Hardest part was getting it shipped here to the US. 
Cozstradamus
Cozstradamus

03.04.2024 | 2:50 PM ET

@trig 
that was the hardest part of the challenge.  Congratulations good sir

Cozstradamus
Cozstradamus

03.04.2024 | 2:51 PM ET

also 
@Stephen Terry 
Trig is right we can't get Strongbow in the US.  I would do anything if you could ship some and a pack of VK Blue to me in Chicago.

Schatte
Schatte
  • Predictions:  67,495  |  70.3%
  • Forum Posts:  474
  • Post Score: 322

03.04.2024 | 4:13 PM ET

Well ****! Now I want to try Strongbow Dark Fruits. 
@Stephen Terry 
I'm putting in another order to the US

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. ― Bruce Lee"

UNDER SURVEILLANCE
UNDER SURVEILLANCE

03.04.2024 | 5:36 PM ET

YOU

@Schatte 
 guys are tempting me to want to try it when I go. I had a hard time finding Bud long neck bottles when I was there the last time.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

03.04.2024 | 7:13 PM ET

Honestly guys, Strongbow dark fruit actually isn't worth it. It tastes alright but there are many better options in most pubs for a similar price. That and one work Xmas party a few years ago, I drank about 7 pints of the stuff followed up with some sort of whisky (obviously I can't remember exactly). What I do remember is falling down and when I came round again, I was in the pub toilets, in front of a sink that I'd just thrown up purple vomit into and had a nasty looking cut on the bridge of my nose from the fall. The lady at the bar was great about it, she just slapped a plaster on it and let me carry on with my night. She probably should've refused me service at that point but I certainly wasn't going to complain lol!

Anyway, about the game. All you need to do is say that you want to enter and that's it! That's pretty much all you can do as after that, I'll make a video (probably on Friday) where I'll go through the list of players one by one and spin a random online wheel that has a list of all the fighters for that upcoming UFC card on it. Whichever fighter you get randomly drawn with is your fighter for that round. If they win their fight then you go through to the next round. If they lose, draw or the fight is a no contest or gets cancelled then you are eliminated. Kinda like a UFC sweepstake on a week by week elimination basis! It goes on until there is only one person left. If everyone in the round is eliminated (everyone has a losing fighter) then the wheel itself is declared the winner!

Cozstradamus
Cozstradamus

03.04.2024 | 8:23 PM ET

@Stephen Terry 
VKs are the best thing ever.  and by best I mean worst.  I spent at year studying at the University of Exeter and got addicted to that stuff :)

Page 62

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Oscar De La Hoya Backs Jaime Munguia After Defeat Against Canelo Alvarez
  • MMA Mania : Video: White, O’Malley Get Burnt During Roast Of Tom Brady
  • MMA Mania : ‘The Rock’ Shares Footage From MMA Training Camp
  • Bad Left Hook : Inoue vs Nery: Live updates and results, 4 am ET
  • MMAFighting.com : Drakkar Klose explains UFC 301 beef with Daniel Cormier, calls out Beneil Dariush, Jalin Turner
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC 301: Anthony Smith teaches another lesson in misplaced doubt
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Mauricio Ruffy reacts to Conor McGregor comparisons after spectacular UFC 301 debut
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo discusses next career move after fighting out contract at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira responds to UFC 301 criticism: ‘That’s the risk, but I’m the risk-taker’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: The Rock posts MMA training footage in preparation for role in 'The Smashing Machine'
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for free agent Jose Aldo after UFC 301 win?
  • MMA Mania : Pound For Pound #1 Vs. ‘The #1 Money Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Shogun Rua announced for 2024 UFC Hall of Fame class
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The Rock begin MMA training for Mark Kerr biopic ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 winner Mauricio Ruffy warns Islam Makhachev 'a new king is coming' after debut
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja reacts to UFC 301 win, ‘watershed moment’ in flyweight division
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alexandre Pantoja after UFC 301 title defense?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 main card announced
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ To Mac: ‘Send Jet For A Quick Spar’