Tapology Forums

The Lucky Bastard Game

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,475  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,337
  • Post Score: 285

08.26.2022 | 6:29 AM ET

WHAT IS IT?

In short, it works similar to the Tapology Survivor game in the sense that it continues every week until there's a winner (or in some cases in this game no winner) but instead of picking your fighters, get assigned a random fighter from the upcoming UFC card and hope they win. 

FORMAT:

1) To enter, simply say that you want to enter at the start of a new game. The length of the games depend entirely on how long it takes to either find a winner or eliminate everyone.

2) Then, you will randomly be assigned a fighter from the upcoming UFC card. This will be decided by me using this site I found wheeldecide.com and putting all the fighters names on a wheel and going through the list of players one by one and spinning the wheel to decide which fighter they get. I'll make a very low quality video of the draw and post it here to show I'm not deliberately messing with anyone in particular. It might mean that some people end up with the same fighter but that doesn't affect the game as it's more of an everybody fighting for themselves kinda game rather than a head to head game.

3) If your randomly assigned fighter wins their fight then you're through to the next round. If their fight get cancelled or postponed then I'll count it as a loss as it would be considered unlucky. Draws and no contests will also count as losses for the same reason. This happens every week until there is only one left and they will be the winner. In a unique twist to make the game as stupid as possible, if everyone eventually goes out, then nobody wins the game and the game will be marked in the record books as "nobody ******* won" or something like that. For example, if there are 2 or 3 people left and they all have losing fighters then nobody wins the game. I feel this also adds weight to the game as you have to be REALLY lucky to be a winner as you literally have to be luckier than every other competitor to be the only one left standing!

WHAT DOES THE WINNER GET?

A place on the list of winners that will be displayed on the opening post of every new game and their current AV put on the new game poster (see below) in the middle of the horseshow so they effectively become the poster boy/girl/other for the new game!

Any questions, just ask! And remember, please don't take this game too seriously! I mean, it's practically a satire of the Survivor Game when you think about it lol!

For the sake of record keeping and historical intrigue, here's the link to the Tapology Lucky Bastard Game: 1st Edition that was on a separate thread: https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/68098

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 55

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.15.2023 | 10:02 PM ET

@Baron Von Rattus

Don't worry, I read the Daily Mail mainly for the superficial celebrity and entertainment news/rumors. I know better than to take it seriously. 

As for Thiago Moises, you mean you don't check his page on an almost daily basis??? 

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 304

12.15.2023 | 10:43 PM ET

I reserve that honor for Lee Murray. As soon as he breaks out of prison and becomes UFC champion i'll be the first to know. 

Also looking at the daily mail and it's about chandler from friends taking enough ket to kill a horse or make my friend callum wavy. Proper rubbish tier news. Still the thought that he was so ****** up a laughtrack was probably playing in his head in normal situations. 

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,791
  • Post Score: 180

12.16.2023 | 10:42 AM ET

Lucky Bastard Viewing Guide for UFC 296

With 17 of us left we have 13 of the 24 fighters still competing on the card and somehow only 2 of the 12  fights aren't involved.

In the opening bout PiggyBank has -135 favorite Martin Buday vs. BoomShakaLaka with +115 underdog Shamil Gaziev. Buday is 4-0 and facing a debutante which makes little to no sense to me. 

The 3rd fight finds Baron Von Rattus with -175 favorite Tagir Ulanbekov looking to take out Cheeseball, Foghorn Sam, and Siunsix who all have +145 underdog Cody Durden. 

The 1st fight on ESPN2 has Schatte hoping for the upset win from +160 underdog Ariane Lipski over -190 favorite Casey O'Neill. 

Then DamienHandel420 has -190 favorite Cody Garbrandt vs. +160 dog Brian Kelleher. Sorry Duck, gotta root for Boom.

And in the ESPN2 headliner Trail Allman and Xconchris have -270 (seems a little high) favorite Dustin Jacoby vs. +220 dog Alonzo Menifield

In the 1st PPV fight Ayy has +185 underdog Josh Emmett vs. -225 favorite Bryce Mitchell who needs to change his nickname from "Thug Nasty" to "Bible Thumper". I picked Mitchell to win but I like Emmett's chances better than those odds.

Then no one will be rooting harder for Bellatrix and FresnoMMA than me because they have +250 dog Tony Ferguson vs. -300 favorite Paddy Pimblett. El Cucuy is one of my all-time favorites but ever since the Nate Diaz fight he doesn't really look like he even wants to actually fight so I'm just prepared for sadness. 

ccollins44 has -650 favorite Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. +455 underdog WonderMan 

In the co-main Drmaxis2 has -190 favorite Alexandre Pantoja looking to get his 1st title defense vs. +160 underdog challenger Brandon Royval

And finally, after having my LB fate determined in the 1st fight last weekend, I have to wait until the last one this time. At least I have the -160 favorite Leon Edwards vs. Rigno and +135 dog Colby Covington.

Yeah this card has a lot of potential for sadness and calamity so good luck to (almost) all.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.16.2023 | 10:55 AM ET

@mulefloyd 

Thanks for incredible breakdown of the card! I especially agree with you for rooting for Tony Ferguson but as long as he doesn't take much damage then I'll be relieved. He's a legend of the sport but "Tony Time" is over. 

BoomShakaLaka
BoomShakaLaka
  • Predictions:  19,742  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  376
  • Post Score: 244

12.16.2023 | 2:42 PM ET

I don't like Gaziev but I'll have to root for him 
Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

12.16.2023 | 11:52 PM ET

Clutched the 3 vs 1. GOAT ****

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

Foghorn Sam
Foghorn Sam
  • Predictions:  9,920  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  524
  • Post Score: 315

12.17.2023 | 12:27 AM ET

😔
BoomShakaLaka
BoomShakaLaka
  • Predictions:  19,742  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  376
  • Post Score: 244

12.17.2023 | 1:59 AM ET

I survived the 2nd round, it's a Christmas miracle! 
mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,791
  • Post Score: 180

12.17.2023 | 10:04 AM ET

The Wheel back to it's +50% elimination rate

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

12.17.2023 | 10:26 AM ET

Me winning that 3 v 1 , pure skill, zero luck involved
CSO ;) 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.17.2023 | 11:17 AM ET

Through to the 3nd round.....

17 entered the 2nd round. Only 8 make it to the 3rd. A 52.94% elimination rate from 
@The Wheel 

The 8 remaining lucky bastards are:

• AyyLmaonnaise
  • Baron Von Rattus
  • BoomShakaLaka
  • ccollins44
  • DamienHandel420
  • Drmaxis2
  • mulefloyd
  • Schatte

Good luck to the remaining lucky bastards!

Rigno
Rigno
  • Predictions:  5,037  |  70.4%
  • Forum Posts:  388
  • Post Score: 215

12.17.2023 | 11:42 AM ET

First time I've been glad to get eliminated.

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

12.17.2023 | 1:56 PM ET

So is this game on hold until January 13th, or are we all just lucky theres no UFC card next week and the wheel wins by proxy? 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.18.2023 | 6:11 PM ET

@Baron Von Rattus 

Yep, just enjoy Christmas and the new year safe in the knowledge that you're one of only 8 people in the world who are still in with a chance of winning this edition of the Tapology Lucky Bastard Game!

If you guys come to a collective agreement about another event to do the 3rd round for in the meantime then I could do that instead. I've had a quick look thinking that RIZIN normally do a very good New Years Eve card every year but it seems that they're only doing RIZIN 45 on the 30th December rather than their usual massive events. Plus, me trying to pronounce all those Japanese names might actually cause an international incident between Britain and Japan. 

So at the moment it's on hold until the next UFC card but if you 8 decide you want to do another event instead then I could change it to that. Just depends how badly you guys want to get ****** by a sentient wheel really.

Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus

12.18.2023 | 6:32 PM ET

Does it have to be MMA, we could do that day of reckoning boxing card in saudi. Stacked boxing card and on the saturday 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.18.2023 | 7:31 PM ET

@Baron Von Rattus 

If everyone else likes that idea then I'll do that instead. 
@AyyLmaonnaise 
@BoomShakaLaka 
@ccollins44 
@DamienHandel420 
@Drmaxis2 
@mulefloyd 
and 
@Schatte 
let me know if you want to do the "Day of Reckoning" boxing card for the next round or if you'd rather wait until the next UFC card on January 13th?

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,098  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,190
  • Post Score: 88

12.18.2023 | 7:46 PM ET

I’m fine with whatever 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

ccollins44
ccollins44
  • Predictions:  7,261  |  70.5%
  • Forum Posts:  907
  • Post Score: 140

12.18.2023 | 8:23 PM ET

I have no issue with that

"Styles make fights"

Schatte
Schatte
  • Predictions:  67,488  |  70.3%
  • Forum Posts:  474
  • Post Score: 322

12.18.2023 | 9:13 PM ET

I'm good with the Day of Reckoning card

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. ― Bruce Lee"

Drmaxis2
Drmaxis2
  • Predictions:  2,834  |  70.9%
  • Forum Posts:  558
  • Post Score: 478

12.18.2023 | 11:51 PM ET

I'll be the bad guy. I only care about UFC, and if I got a win on any other event I wouldn't give a **** at all. So I'll be the veto if nobody else wants to

"What a Grand and Intoxicating Profile"

Page 55

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Pantoja To Challengers: ‘Bring A Gun’ If You Want To Stop Me
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tells Jake Paul ‘I would quit boxing’ if steroid accusations are true
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 post-event facts: Michel Pereira joins elite company with eighth straight octagon win
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith responds to Alex Pereira’s $50,000 challenge: ‘I’ll choke the sh*t out of him’
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith agrees to Alex Pereira's $50K bet after UFC 301 submission win: 'I'll choke the sh*t out of him'
  • Middle Easy : UFC Legend Matt Brown Announces Retirement From MMA : ‘Not Doing it Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg 'devastated' by UFC 301 title fight loss: 'I blew it'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor may be BKFC co-owner, but Mike Perry still wants that fight: ‘I am my own boss’
  • MMA Mania : Video: O’Malley Vs. Dvalishvili Booked?
  • MMA Junkie : Jack Shore's coach calls foul on shin cut stoppage at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let Fighters Fight!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones reveals ‘I have a date’ for UFC return, verbal agreement in place
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 teaser video: Shadowy Conor McGregor paces during 'Foggy Dew'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch insane knockout punch leave fighter flat on the canvas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch: Conor McGregor’s return teased in spine-tingling promo ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC 301 with AC/DC x 3
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Jose Aldo nets $21k for potential final UFC fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Steve Erceg reacts to Alexandre Pantoja loss at UFC 301: ‘I just blew it’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Feel Bad For Buffer’
  • Jits Magazine : Who’s Number One 23: Nicholas Meregali vs Vagner Rocha Full Preview