Tapology Forums

The Lucky Bastard Game

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,494  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,346
  • Post Score: 285

08.26.2022 | 6:29 AM ET

WHAT IS IT?

In short, it works similar to the Tapology Survivor game in the sense that it continues every week until there's a winner (or in some cases in this game no winner) but instead of picking your fighters, get assigned a random fighter from the upcoming UFC card and hope they win. 

FORMAT:

1) To enter, simply say that you want to enter at the start of a new game. The length of the games depend entirely on how long it takes to either find a winner or eliminate everyone.

2) Then, you will randomly be assigned a fighter from the upcoming UFC card. This will be decided by me using this site I found wheeldecide.com and putting all the fighters names on a wheel and going through the list of players one by one and spinning the wheel to decide which fighter they get. I'll make a very low quality video of the draw and post it here to show I'm not deliberately messing with anyone in particular. It might mean that some people end up with the same fighter but that doesn't affect the game as it's more of an everybody fighting for themselves kinda game rather than a head to head game.

3) If your randomly assigned fighter wins their fight then you're through to the next round. If their fight get cancelled or postponed then I'll count it as a loss as it would be considered unlucky. Draws and no contests will also count as losses for the same reason. This happens every week until there is only one left and they will be the winner. In a unique twist to make the game as stupid as possible, if everyone eventually goes out, then nobody wins the game and the game will be marked in the record books as "nobody ******* won" or something like that. For example, if there are 2 or 3 people left and they all have losing fighters then nobody wins the game. I feel this also adds weight to the game as you have to be REALLY lucky to be a winner as you literally have to be luckier than every other competitor to be the only one left standing!

WHAT DOES THE WINNER GET?

A place on the list of winners that will be displayed on the opening post of every new game and their current AV put on the new game poster (see below) in the middle of the horseshow so they effectively become the poster boy/girl/other for the new game!

Any questions, just ask! And remember, please don't take this game too seriously! I mean, it's practically a satire of the Survivor Game when you think about it lol!

For the sake of record keeping and historical intrigue, here's the link to the Tapology Lucky Bastard Game: 1st Edition that was on a separate thread: https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/68098

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 31

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,146  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,572
  • Post Score: 108

05.05.2023 | 9:50 PM ET

Neiman Gracie with 1 KO 😂

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

BoomShakaLaka
BoomShakaLaka
  • Predictions:  19,744  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  376
  • Post Score: 244

05.06.2023 | 1:52 AM ET

C'mon Kron let's get out of the first round for the first time in a whiiileee. 
Foghorn Sam
Foghorn Sam
  • Predictions:  9,920  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  525
  • Post Score: 314

05.06.2023 | 2:11 AM ET

Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo
  • Predictions:  738  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  599
  • Post Score: 126

05.06.2023 | 8:15 AM ET

Hell yeah Cejudo!! 
Main event become more and more interesting for me

* Edited at 05.06.2023, 8:24 AM ET *

"It's never too late to develop your critical thinking capacities"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,791
  • Post Score: 180

05.06.2023 | 10:33 AM ET

The Lucky Bastard UFC 288 Viewing Guide

New game. 22 players. 14 fighters. 2 fighters, Kron & Sterling, each assigned to 3 players, 4 each to 2 players, and 8 going it solo with only 3 fights having more than 1 player involved but that does include both fighters assigned to 3 players and 1 of the fighters  (Andrade) assigned to 2 so in those 3 fights 11 players are involved. Whew!

1st up ccollins44 and newcomer horatiosanchez have Claudio Ribeiro vs. Ugly Man Joe then the 2nd fight is our only uninvolved one.

In the 3rd fight UNDERSURVEILLANCE is hoping for a quick fight because he has 1st round finisher Braxton Smith vs. the usually durable Parker Porter.

The 4th fight finds Bellatrix and Schwerindustrie with slight underdog Virna Jandiroba.

Fights #5 & 6 have kushycake hoping the debuting Rolando Bedoya can avoid the Khaos followed by our host Stephen Terry with another underdog in Devin Clark.

Fight #7 is the living embodiment of "Banger" and both Nuggetheel and reigning lucky bastard TARTARA have the favorite Drew Dober looking to avoid being "steamrolla"ed. 

On to the PPV we have the 1st or our double interest bouts as CaptnKbec goies 1 on 3 backing Charles Jourdain against BoomShakaLaka, PiggyBank, and Schatte who all have Kron Gracie. 

Next up CangrejoRuiz obviously has the favor of the wheel by being linked to the biggest favorite on the card in Movsar Evloer. 

The middle PPV fight finds Cheeseball and myself with favorite Jessica Andrade facing off against Ayy with Yan Xiaonan.

FresnoMMA goes it alone in the co-main with Belal Muhammad

And finally in the main event, Kkkomboo hopes for a very Cringy ending to the night while Rigno, Ubermacht, and Xconchris all need to hear "and still". 

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

CangrejoRuiz
CangrejoRuiz
  • Predictions:  15,618  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  810
  • Post Score: 185

05.06.2023 | 10:44 AM ET

Lmao my first rounds are usually ok, but the wheel hates me in the second rounds

"I was involved in a robbery with Mike Beltran"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.06.2023 | 1:46 PM ET

@mulefloyd 

Your ability to untangle the mayhem caused by @The Wheel never fails to amaze me! I wouldn't even know how to start planning to write a breakdown as complex as that so thanks again for your input! 

CaptnKbec
CaptnKbec
  • Predictions:  2,206  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  174
  • Post Score: 362

05.06.2023 | 2:43 PM ET

Pretty funny that the wheel gave me my favorite fighter on the roster... 

LETS GO JOURDAIN

"You say ‘I play basketball, I play hockey’ but you don’t play fighting. It’s not a game. - GSP"

The Wheel
The Wheel
  • Predictions:  679  |  52.9%
  • Forum Posts:  89
  • Post Score: 319

05.06.2023 | 7:40 PM ET

I just want to say a massive thanks to the reigning Lucky Bastard Game Champion @TARTARA for making these awesome new AV's for@The Wheel and the Pink MMA YouTube Channel!

"All my picks are randomly made by The Wheel. If your pick % is lower than mine then your predictions are worse than random guesses"

The Wheel
The Wheel

05.06.2023 | 7:46 PM ET

The Wheel VS FantasyBot Experiment Update!

Just an update on this fantasy game VS @FantasyBot experiment, the site added @FantasyBot to the game as predicted so it's now a 1V1 between @The Wheel and @FantasyBot! It's over 5 UFC events as that's the least number of events it lets you select for the head to head format and the winner is decided not by total points over the 5 events but rather by the number of weekly events won. Kinda similar to a 5 round MMA fight I suppose. Here's the link to the game so you can see how it's going and I'm pretty sure it'll let you comment in the game as well but I'm not 100% sure so you can try leaving some troll comments there if you want to see if it works lol!

https://www.tapology.com/fantasy/60313

"All my picks are randomly made by The Wheel. If your pick % is lower than mine then your predictions are worse than random guesses"

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  54,017  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

05.06.2023 | 8:26 PM ET

@Stephen Terry  

Nothing at all man, im glad you like them, i just like to make things like these ! Thanks for your nice games, have a good one !

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

05.06.2023 | 8:54 PM ET

Nah it says I don’t have permission to view the game.

"🌽⚽️"

BoomShakaLaka
BoomShakaLaka
  • Predictions:  19,744  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  376
  • Post Score: 244

05.07.2023 | 2:36 AM ET

And another one! (1st round exit)
Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo
  • Predictions:  738  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  599
  • Post Score: 126

05.07.2023 | 7:21 AM ET

Aljo defended his belt by standing on knees tonight. Again and again. This is a real champion's ****. It's disgusting, so hard to watch. That's triggered a huge flashbacks to me. I hate Yan and Sterling for their first fight, both of them. They're real clowns of that division,damn

"It's never too late to develop your critical thinking capacities"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,502  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,791
  • Post Score: 180

05.07.2023 | 11:18 AM ET

Wheel's getting soft; only 50% elimination rate

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

UNDER SURVEILLANCE
UNDER SURVEILLANCE
  • Predictions:  15,823  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,057
  • Post Score: 65

05.07.2023 | 6:38 PM ET

@The Wheel  You do not have permission to view this game 
THAT'S WHAT IT SAYS JUST TO LET YOU KNOW

"It doesn't matter what part of the world we are from. We are brothers and sisters together as one." kjh Home of the Michigan Tech Huskies, Copper Kings and Portage Lake Pioneers! Go Teams!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.07.2023 | 8:28 PM ET

@Cheeseball & @UNDER SURVEILLANCE 

Thanks for the feedback! It's disappointing to hear that but that's partly why I'm doing that experiment, to see what you can and can't do on here. At least it gives me something else to add to the "Can't Do" column. When I next check @The Wheel account, I'll provide an update on how it's going!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

05.07.2023 | 8:39 PM ET

Through to the 2nd round.....

22 entered the first round. 11 answer the bell for the 2nd. @The Wheel splits the field in half for a 50% elimination rate! The remaining lucky bastards who were spared are:

• AyyLmaonnaise
  • Bellatrix
  • CangrejoRuiz
  • CaptnKbec
  • ccollins44
  • FresnoMMA
  • horatiosanchez
  • Rigno
  • Schwerindustrie
  • Ubermacht
  • Xconchris

Good luck in the next round!

The Wheel
The Wheel

05.08.2023 | 7:53 PM ET

The Wheel VS FantasyBot Update!

The Wheel 1 - 0 FantasyBot

@The Wheel have won the first round of the game against @FantasyBot 455 - 390! Still 4 more rounds to go and it's a best of 5 rounds to win rather than the number of accumulated points but it's a strong start from me so far!

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

05.08.2023 | 8:09 PM ET

Can you put me in the next game please thanks

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Page 31

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Jake Paul Vows To ‘End’ Mike Tyson: ‘One Of Us Has To Die’
  • MMA Junkie : Jan Blachowicz campaigns for rematch with UFC champ Alex Pereira: 'He knocked out everybody – not me'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Every serious boxing fan will be watching in awe’: Bob Arum targets Lomachenko vs Stevenson this fall
  • Middle Easy : Movsar Evloev Says Dana White Criticized His UFC 297 Performance But Was Watching NFL During The Fight
  • MMAFighting.com : ESPN+ subscribers drop again ahead of UFC broadcast deal negotiations
  • UFC.com : UFC PARTNERS WITH LAS VEGAS METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT AND FIGHTING FOR THE FUTURE FOUNDATION TO LAUNCH YOUTH MENTORING INITIATIVE IN LAS VEGAS
  • MMA Mania : Covington Finally Remembered The Name
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Says He’ll Submit Alex Pereira Within ‘5 Minutes’ In Grappling Match, ‘Poatan’ Can Pick ‘Any Martial Art’ He Wants
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland's coach: UFC considered Khamzat Chimaev matchup before Paulo Costa booking
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘They tried but no lie stands’: Garcia claims vindication in PED scandal
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘They tried but no lie stands’: Ryan Garcia claims vindication in PED scandal
  • MMA Junkie : Aspen Ladd excited with switch from PFL to Bellator, still aims to become champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Colby Covington denies UFC offered him Ian Machado Garry: ‘We all know that he’s a cuck but now we know he’s a liar’
  • Jits Magazine : Helena Crevar Signs Exclusive UK Contract With Polaris
  • MMA Mania : Blachowicz Demands Pereira Rematch For Dec. Return
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington now open to Belal Muhammad matchup, 'super intrigued' by Khamzat Chimaev
  • MMAFighting.com : Report: Ryan Garcia cleared for 1 banned substance, Devin Haney responds
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Chael Sonnen, Mike Perry, Anthony Smith, and Cory Sandhagen at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Predictions, Odds, Analysis! UFC St. Louis, X-Factor
  • MMA Junkie : Sean O'Malley thinks Conor McGregor is jealous of him, open to 'legendary' fight at lightweight