Tapology Forums

The Lucky Bastard Game

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,344  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,321
  • Post Score: 285

08.26.2022 | 6:29 AM ET

WHAT IS IT?

In short, it works similar to the Tapology Survivor game in the sense that it continues every week until there's a winner (or in some cases in this game no winner) but instead of picking your fighters, get assigned a random fighter from the upcoming UFC card and hope they win. 

FORMAT:

1) To enter, simply say that you want to enter at the start of a new game. The length of the games depend entirely on how long it takes to either find a winner or eliminate everyone.

2) Then, you will randomly be assigned a fighter from the upcoming UFC card. This will be decided by me using this site I found wheeldecide.com and putting all the fighters names on a wheel and going through the list of players one by one and spinning the wheel to decide which fighter they get. I'll make a very low quality video of the draw and post it here to show I'm not deliberately messing with anyone in particular. It might mean that some people end up with the same fighter but that doesn't affect the game as it's more of an everybody fighting for themselves kinda game rather than a head to head game.

3) If your randomly assigned fighter wins their fight then you're through to the next round. If their fight get cancelled or postponed then I'll count it as a loss as it would be considered unlucky. Draws and no contests will also count as losses for the same reason. This happens every week until there is only one left and they will be the winner. In a unique twist to make the game as stupid as possible, if everyone eventually goes out, then nobody wins the game and the game will be marked in the record books as "nobody ******* won" or something like that. For example, if there are 2 or 3 people left and they all have losing fighters then nobody wins the game. I feel this also adds weight to the game as you have to be REALLY lucky to be a winner as you literally have to be luckier than every other competitor to be the only one left standing!

WHAT DOES THE WINNER GET?

A place on the list of winners that will be displayed on the opening post of every new game and their current AV put on the new game poster (see below) in the middle of the horseshow so they effectively become the poster boy/girl/other for the new game!

Any questions, just ask! And remember, please don't take this game too seriously! I mean, it's practically a satire of the Survivor Game when you think about it lol!

For the sake of record keeping and historical intrigue, here's the link to the Tapology Lucky Bastard Game: 1st Edition that was on a separate thread: https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/68098

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Responses Page 2

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

09.02.2022 | 9:32 PM ET

I'm about to make the video of the draw but I'm afraid it won't have any sound as my microphone is completely ****** and I can't get it working though the usual fixes. You'll still be able to watch the wheel spin though.

Hippie
Hippie

09.02.2022 | 10:00 PM ET

What draw? I thought we starting a new game?
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

09.02.2022 | 10:02 PM ET

1st Round Draw

Sorry about the lack of sound but as you won't be able to hear me read the names of who got who aloud, I've done it as a screen share going between the wheel tab and and the list of your names in the excel sheet I use to keep track so you can see that it's still completely random. Hopefully, I'll have got my microphone fixed by next week!

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

09.02.2022 | 10:04 PM ET

@Hippie

I mean draw as in drawing names from a random wheel or drawing names out a hat, not the "both fighters were equally good and it was a draw" context. Hope that makes sense.

Hippie
Hippie

09.02.2022 | 10:21 PM ET

Ohh cool, so I guess I’m still in the luck game.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,555
  • Post Score: 262

09.02.2022 | 10:23 PM ET

Can I join

* Edited at 09.02.2022, 10:25 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Hippie
Hippie

09.02.2022 | 10:26 PM ET

No sound SUCKS!!  
This should not even count without sound IMO!

First ur voice is beautiful to listen too..  (sorryz no gay here) try ****less & friends..
2nd..  no second!  Fix the problem & redo!
Haha ****less always gets the heat!!

IMO
Hippie
Hippie

09.02.2022 | 10:26 PM ET

No u can not join!
Proof ur skillz!!
Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

09.02.2022 | 10:32 PM ET

@DamienHandel420

Probably no, since he already recorded the first round.

"🌽⚽️"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,162  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,148
  • Post Score: 333

09.02.2022 | 10:33 PM ET

I am gonna need your rotageek login and password before I play 

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Hippie
Hippie

09.02.2022 | 10:37 PM ET

^

😆 
Cheeseball
Cheeseball

09.02.2022 | 10:37 PM ET

Hmmm interesting if Di Chirico loses I'm out of the Lucky Bastard Game and the Survivor Game. Don't know how I feel about that tbh lol.

"🌽⚽️"

KyleH
KyleH
  • Predictions:  10,224  |  71.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,530
  • Post Score: 196

09.02.2022 | 11:23 PM ET

Got my boy Benoit LFG

"There's 3 things in life that excite me. A woman, of course. Dinosaurs, and the violence of the Octagon" - GSP

Schatte
Schatte
  • Predictions:  66,720  |  70.3%
  • Forum Posts:  471
  • Post Score: 322

09.03.2022 | 2:17 AM ET

Stupid wheel!! Picking Buckley for me means I'll be out in the first round again

"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. ― Bruce Lee"

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
  • Predictions:  2,992  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  875
  • Post Score: 326

09.03.2022 | 7:31 AM ET

Yes Ziam!  He's in my parlay too!  

"While I Have Breath, I Have Hope."

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,387  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

09.03.2022 | 7:46 AM ET

Got Nathanial Wood....not the worst pick
Ubermacht
Ubermacht
  • Predictions:  1,222  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  107
  • Post Score: 354

09.03.2022 | 8:55 AM ET

I ended up with the best fighter of this first draw and yet I'm still gonna lose. That ain't right.

"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire"

Hippie
Hippie

09.03.2022 | 9:05 AM ET

Fares Ziam

Let’s do it..

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

09.03.2022 | 11:42 AM ET

@Hippie 

Don't worry, I'll try to get it fixed before next week! Just got to work out if it's a technical problem or if it's physically damaged. I hope its the former but I dropped my PC pretty hard a couple of days ago so I fear it's the latter.

@Damien Handel 

Sorry, but I've already made the video for the first round so you're a little too late I'm afraid. I'll let you know when the next game starts!

@Xconchris

Hell no! I ain't getting sacked because I let you in and you started chatting **** to my boss lol!

As for the rest of you, this is just to confirm the matchups:

• AyyLmaonnaise - Cristian Quiñonez
  • Baron Von Rattus - John Makdessi
  • Bellatrix - Fares Ziam
  • Bronco - Fares Ziam
  • Casual008 - Gabriel Miranda
  • Cheeseball - Alessio Di Chirico
  • el222 - Abusupiyan Magomedov
  • FresnoMMA - Nathaniel Wood
  • gwinCLARKE2019 - Jarno Errens
  • Hippie - Fares Ziam
  • KyleH - Benoit Saint-Denis
  • mulefloyd - John Makdessi
  • Nuggetheel - Abusupiyan Magomedov
  • Schatte - Joaquin Buckley
  • Schwerindustrie - Stephanie Egger
  • Stephen Terry - Charles Jourdain
  • Ubermacht - Marvin Vettori
  • Wasteland Wanderer - Gabriel Miranda

Good luck everyone!

* Edited at 09.03.2022, 11:43 AM ET *

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

09.03.2022 | 4:33 PM ET

Rip...

"🌽⚽️"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Program total passes $25 million
  • MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC on ESPN 55 with rare Mumford & Sons, Led Zeppelin, Eminem Curse
  • MMA Mania : Biggest Winners, Loser From UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : ‘Platinum’ Got Paid! (KnuckleMania 4 Salaries Revealed)
  • MMA Mania : Charly Arnolt Makes Short-Notice UFC History
  • MMA Mania : Charly Arnolt Makes UFC history
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 2-4
  • Jits Magazine : Demetrious ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 video: Bryce Hall, Taylor Holder heated exchange leads to insane crowd fight
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 salaries: Mike Perry leads event payroll with 6-figure purse
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Is A Part Owner Of BKFC
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Perry Steamrolls Alves With Quick TKO
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Mike Perry makes quick work of Thiago Alves, goes ballistic afterward
  • MMAFighting.com : Perry knocks out Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry knocks out Thiago Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Darren Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Drops ‘Huge’ News At KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Absolutely savage’: Conor McGregor, other pros react to Mike Perry’s 60-second knockout at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Mike Perry's 60-second finish of Thiago Alves at BKFC: KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves full fight video highlights
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Smashes Thiago Alves in 60 Seconds – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)