Tapology Forums

DANA WHITE PRIVLADGE IS BULLS**T

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Jay Addi
Jay Addi
  • Predictions:  34  |  47.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: -133

05.23.2022 | 2:54 AM ET

Lately we have been hearing a lot about a little something called Dana White privilege, but for me I feel like this is bulls**t.

The reason being is because, okay yes some off the fighters aren't happy with their pay,

mostly I believe this is because off the amount of fees they have to pay out from their purse, with taxes, gym fee's, management fees and everything else this comes to around 60% of a UFC fighter’s purse.

I don't care what anyone says, that is a lot of money.... no matter how much or little you earn.

Now the big talk is around Conor MacGregor and the money he earns, does he earn more than every other fighter in the company?

Yes, he does…

has Israel Adesanya just signed the second highest contract with the company?

Yes, he has...

but did they get this because of Dana White privilege?

No, they didn't,

they got this because they know how to market and sell themselves the most, they got this by making the fans either love or hate them.

Regardless of if the fans by PPV's to see them win or lose, the fans still buy them, so I'm sorry if you want to make more money, then become a better marketer of yourselves, and stop blaming your failure to do so on the ones that can.

Responses

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

05.23.2022 | 7:14 AM ET

Dana White is scum

* Edited at 05.23.2022, 7:37 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,261
  • Post Score: 136

05.23.2022 | 3:15 PM ET

It  is  a real thing and not neccesarilly about pay.
There are a dozen people who get unwarranted and unexplainable treatment.

* Edited at 05.23.2022, 3:15 PM ET *

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,566  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,517
  • Post Score: 13

05.23.2022 | 3:18 PM ET

there is not dana white priviladge. only desperate ******s wanna start that ****

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

05.23.2022 | 3:46 PM ET

Unwarranted is up for debate but I don’t think its unexplainable. Is there an example of this? I don’t think so. 
MMARanks
MMARanks
  • Predictions:  582  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  196
  • Post Score: 135

05.23.2022 | 5:59 PM ET

The truth is, they can make whatever matches they want, in an attempt to be as profitable as possible.

The truth is, fighters can choose to sign their contract offers or explore other options.

It's just when the obvious golden spoons come out, we get reminded that this isn't really a legit sport in terms of structure.

The very thought that a conversation is taking place about the possibility of Jones vs Miocic being for an interim HW title should let everyone know that this isn't true sport as we know it.

"Facts > Feelings"

MMAFan223
MMAFan223
  • Predictions:  13,079  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  313
  • Post Score: 205

05.23.2022 | 6:19 PM ET

Fighters can only market themselves to a certain extent, it's up to the company who they want to give that exposure to. Fighters can't choose who they fight, where they're placed on a card or how often they have fights. Thus some fighters have better opportunities than others. 

I think the ultimate example is Sam Alvey. His fights suck, he hasn't won in his last 7 fights and he's got almost no name outside of the hardcores. Yet he somehow is still in the UFC while Enrique Barzola for example who probably makes less than him gets cut off of a draw.
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

05.23.2022 | 6:24 PM ET

Maybe true about Alvey but he keeps getting fights because he always says yes to the UFC. And we all know in this UFC likes that. 
Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

05.23.2022 | 6:25 PM ET

@MMARanks

Hahaha you cant get over Jones vs. Stipe. 
MMAFan223
MMAFan223
  • Predictions:  13,079  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  313
  • Post Score: 205

05.23.2022 | 6:34 PM ET

You can probably find plenty of guys that went 0-1 in the UFC or 2-3 in the UFC took short notice fights and put on entertaining scraps that got cut while Alvey is still there. 0-7-1 is a ridiculously bad run and even the split decision he lost most people have him losing.
MMARanks
MMARanks

05.23.2022 | 6:48 PM ET

@ Michael315

LOL.

You're not wrong.

I was insanely involved in NHB/MMA back in the day, then stopped loving it around the Brock Lesnar years, so I'm quite gun shy at the thought of pure marketing dictating the organization.  Yes... I know Stipe and Jones have more MMA cred than Lesnar, but you get the point.

I like the point that @MMAFan223 made.  The promotion should be doing most of the work on uh... promotion.

I had no problem being interested in Keith Hackney or Harold Howard or Kimo, because the UFC provided enough looks into their background and the system built its own storylines and drama.

"Facts > Feelings"

MMARanks
MMARanks

05.23.2022 | 6:53 PM ET

... oh, and this small crowd UFC Apex thing is starting to bum me out.  You could hear a little kid calling for her mommy in the background during the last card.  Damn hard to get excited about something like that.

If a card isn't able to draw 200+ people into the venue for some atmosphere...are you sending a bad message? 

Oh.... and let's get to work on some *****in' ring entrances.  Genki Sudo FTW.  :)

"Facts > Feelings"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

05.23.2022 | 9:33 PM ET

It’s almost like the UFC keeps him around to keep people interested in when they will cut him. He really gets a rise out of people. I hope he stays with the UFC as long as he wants. 

I usually watch on mute and don’t really care for the crowd noise. I would like an audio option with no commentary or with an actual play by play commentator. 

* Edited at 05.23.2022, 9:34 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Reveals ‘Crazy’ Story Behind Getting Justin Gaethje an Extra 150k for Fighting Tony Ferguson
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Vieira claims she was offered Kayla Harrison for UFC 303: 'She has to stop running'
  • UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'