Tapology Forums

MMA news updates

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,098  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,184
  • Post Score: 88

05.02.2022 | 2:16 PM ET

Instead of spamming the boards everytime I see some cool news, I’ll post it here. I’ll also keep track of prospects I like, new signings to ufc/dwcs/Bellator/etc.

* Edited at 05.02.2022, 4:44 PM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Page 249

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,575  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,866
  • Post Score: 259

10.31.2022 | 9:43 PM ET

"Guess it's main events from here on out" - Nick Maximov

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,560
  • Post Score: 262

10.31.2022 | 10:59 PM ET

Petr Yan is also on a 2 fight losing streak just like Maximov

"Quack quack quack"

paulopasta
paulopasta

10.31.2022 | 11:02 PM ET

I don’t really understand that comparison
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

10.31.2022 | 11:15 PM ET

It’s just bait 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

10.31.2022 | 11:52 PM ET

Random thought, but does anyone know where Joey Davis has been? He’s one of the few wrestling prospects Bellator has that actually interests me, but he hasn’t fought in a while 

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

11.01.2022 | 2:43 AM ET

Just saying, Maximov is still 2-2 in his last 4, While Petr is 1-3 in his last 4,

Hope Petr doesn't lose his next one, Or he might get cut, He's a fun fighter after all

"Quack quack quack"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,293  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,946
  • Post Score: 247

11.01.2022 | 2:45 AM ET

Petr Yan is clearly the new Sam Alvey.

"🌽⚽️"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420

11.01.2022 | 5:45 AM ET

Kinda disappointed that after about a year and a half of trolling Yan fans/Sterling haters, people finally figured out I’m trolling them, the illegal knee has been a gold mine for trolling, it just all dried up now, going to stop the trolling now

I’m a fan of both men, it just give me so much joy the fan reactions

"Quack quack quack"

el222
el222
  • Predictions:  1,431  |  66.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,680
  • Post Score: 166

11.01.2022 | 7:28 AM ET

poor Mustafaev man 
DrChaotic
DrChaotic
  • Predictions:  6,375  |  69.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,242
  • Post Score: 71

11.01.2022 | 8:20 AM ET

I've been wondering about Joey Davis for years (exaggeration but I've wondered where he's been for a while), hope that fool randomly comes back one day like Shamil Nikaev (another undefeated guy who hadn't fought since 2020 and is now scheduled to return against Chris Gonzalez)
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 7 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 13 hours, and 21 minutes from now.
danromanick
danromanick
  • Predictions:  1,836  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,925
  • Post Score: 92

11.01.2022 | 10:16 AM ET

How tf did Vanderaa not end up on that list? And why did Maximov get cut instead of Pickett or Jordan Wright? Hell, cutting Joseph Holmes may make more sense than cutting Maximov. Dude fought up 2 weight classes on the contender series, fought on a torn knee for 2 rounds, and still was competitive. I thought Dana likes those tough gutty dudes. Maybe he thought he tried too hard to be Nate and didn't like him or something
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

11.01.2022 | 10:25 AM ET

@drchaotic actually, I found the reason shamil has been out is a mixture of visa issues and an acl injury. He’s been at Sanford mma for the past year so interested to see how he looks 

danromanick
danromanick

11.01.2022 | 10:25 AM ET

Also, I predicted the Jotko release. I told Jr that he was going to be out of the UFC in a year, and they cut him after the Allen fight cause he looked so bad and he's a boring fighter
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

11.01.2022 | 10:26 AM ET

@danromanick vanderaa will be on that list soon. Around this time they dump people from the roster every day so that they can give out contracts for people making their debuts (aka the dwcs guys). My guess on Maximov is that was the last fight on his contract and they didn’t wanna resign given how his last two went. He’s young and trains with big names so I think 1-2 wins and he will be back. Unless he’s got other plans 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

11.01.2022 | 10:27 AM ET

Also just a weird piece of news I saw, sergey kzandozko has retired from mma. Stating that he wants to coach the youth. Okay…

danromanick
danromanick

11.01.2022 | 10:33 AM ET

My guess is that Maximov ends up getting snatched up by Bellator or the PFL unless he really wants to get back to the UFC. He could probably beat 7 or 8 of Bellator's "top 10" already just from being in there with 4 dudes that are actually UFC caliber. 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

11.01.2022 | 10:41 AM ET

Lol I mean if Austin vanderford was their #2 guy anything is possible 

danromanick
danromanick

11.01.2022 | 10:45 AM ET

Vanderford and VanZant are now a loss or 2 away from straight up making an onlyfans together
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

11.01.2022 | 11:38 AM ET

What are some underrated prospects to you guys? I mean guys who pass the eye test but haven’t gotten that signature win yet or someone with accolades in another sport that give them an advantage. Could also be someone you think looks good who people don’t know about yet. I’ll start 

Abdurakhman Nasrudinov: 1-0. 4-1 as an ammy (loss by split decision). Trains at Allstars and whooped a very experienced fighter in his debut. Has tried to stay active in 2022 but has had 4 cancelled fights. Haven’t seen a ton from him but I like what I see 

Rei Tsuruya - 5-0. Junior Olympic wrestling champ. Won multiple Japanese wrestling titles. Also won the Abu Dhabi juniors as a blue belt. His father also owns the parestrea network (biggest gym in Japan - kind of like ATT). Only 20 and 5-0, has looked very much like the real deal. 

Ismail Khan - 3-0. 13-1 as an amatuer with runner up in the 2022 imaaf worlds. Pretty padded record and fights in a notoriously bad regional scene (pakistan) but, he’s 21 and has a decent enough resume. Passes the eye test 

Lucas fenomeno - 14-1 only 22 which is pretty crazy but he’s still a little green for where he’s at. That being said, he knows nothing but violence and has racked up quite the highlight reel. Talent is there but a little unrefined 

Dan collins - 5-0. English prospect fighting all around. Hasn’t fought the best comp but has put on some pretty exciting fights in UAE Warriors. Very fun to watch. Recently signed with cage warriors so he can finally face some good comp. 

Torrez Finney - 4-0. Really stands out in a thin middleweight division. Absolute freak of nature; built like a tank and was a 2 sport D-1 athelte in college. Played football and wrestled at UChatanooga. Undeafted through 9 fights (pro and ammy), he has shown everything. He’s shown cardio and the ability to aggressively wrestle through three rounds and has been fighting steps up each fight. He will do thinks like spam 3-4 suplexes in a row; he might be something special. Also trains at xtreme couture now 

Luke Westwood - 3-0 went 13-1 as an ammy. Beat a really big step up in his last fight and passed with flying colors. Would like to see him tested more but passes the eye test 

William Haycox. 2-0 went 10-0 as an ammy. A but older at 26 but again, he has that extensive time on the ammy scene. Hasn’t fought anyone notable but has a nice winstreak built up. Came across him when uploading fights so will be looking out for him. 

Callum mullen - 5-0-1 I’ve talked about him before but callum really stands out among other prospects. Went 9-1 as an ammy and continued the winstreak as a pro. He’s beaten really solid competition (should’ve beaten his last guy but that was a bs no contest). Fights for the fcc belt end of the year and I think that will put his name out there. 

Deniz Ilbay - 3-0 but had a 22-3 pro boxing record. Interesting to see someone with boxing experience having success in mma. Trains at a great gym and has wins by GnP so good to see he has some grappling. Not sure if he will be good but he interests me. 

Aleksandr vertko - 12-1. Lost early in his career but now on a 10 fight winstreak. Mixed level of competition but he is always super exciting to watch and always looks to finish the fight. German regional scene is decent but would like to see a step up for him. I like vertko a lot tho 

Murad Umachiev - 2-0 went 11-0 as an ammy picking up the 2019 immaf. Only 2-0 but beaten a 1-0 and 4-0 guy pretty spectacularly. Trains at a good gym, young, exciting, and skilled. Could be a legit prospect 

Michael Pagani - 5-0. They call him the sniper because he’s very accurate. He has been destroying people in Italy with very creative ko’s. First it was a spinning hook kick and in his most recent fight he viciously ko’ed his opponent with a flying knee. Destoryed his toughest comp yet. Italy needs a good prospect and he’s one of the better ones 

Amir fazli - 4-1. So I looked into him more after he had that huge upset against someone I rate really highly in osselli. Turns out he was a multiple time wushu sanda champion and is one of the only people to beat Muslim salikhov in the sport. He started off 2-1 and came back this year koing a 3-0 and 5-0 prospect (osselli was an insane win on the resume). Could actually be a decent fighter 

Lewis Mcgrillen-evans. 5-0 and 8-1 as an ammy. I like yo think of him as one of englands best kept secrets. He’s a flyweight and has some of the most ridiculous ko power I’ve seen. Like this kid is one punch koing people so badly they’re flying off their feet. Now, he needs a step up but he’s only 22 and has been looking very much like the real deal. 

Konrad Rusinski - 4-0 pro and 13-0 as an ammy. Fighting his biggest test yet in babilon. Passes the eye test but haven’t send him fight yet 

Stephen koslow - 6-0 went 9-1 as an ammy, dropping his first fight by split decision and hasn’t lsot since. He’s can crushing in florida but he’s still young (25) so it’s alright. I would like to see him fight a step up because he’s on a really impressive winstreak and his bjj has looked really solid. 

Daniyar toychubek uulu - 5-0 beat three cans but his last two opponents were 3-0 and 7-0. Really stood out to me in his last fight as he beat a highly touted prospect in Rustam debishev. He looks like he could be a problem 

Mitch Ramirez - 6-0 pro and 5-0 ammy. Fought mostly bums but destoryed his toughest test in 40 seconds last fight. 

Igor Wallison - 2-0 and 3-0 ammy. Hasn’t beaten anyone impressive but what stands out is he is yet another 17 year old doing pro mma. He went pro this year and has his third fight booked in November. Not sure how good he is but always interesting to see a kid winning as a pro 

Juan andres Cabrera - 5-0 pro and 3-0 ammy. Again, hasn’t beaten anyone of note but he’s only 18 and already 5-0. He’s finish everyone inside a round and has can crushed but it’s good to see that experience so young. 

Nick Fiore - 5-0. A little biased here because he’s a New England prospect. I know a guy who trains with him and says he’s an absolute beast. Trains out of New England cartel. He’s a grappler and won every fight by submission. We all know the Massachusetts scene sucks ass but he’s young and fighting who he can. Actually got to watch his last fight in person. He easily subbed a can. Looks really solid. 

Diego villar - 7-0 and 13-0-1 as an amatuer. At only 21 years old and already unbeaten in 21 fights. He hasn’t fought anyone notable but the age and winstreak really stands out to me. Could be a future problem out of Peru 

Abdulaziz datsilaev - 3-0 but 25-0 as an amatuer. Very padded record but some of the people he beat as amateurs are solid mma fighters so there’s some talent. Trains at Sanford mma. Hasn’t fought in a while but he’s super young and has tons of experience. He’s a multiple time combat sambo champ and has a nasty submission game. Really curious to see what his next move is as he hasn’t fought in a while. He’s got one of the best winstreaks in the sport rn 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

11.01.2022 | 11:56 AM ET

Billy Goff vs Themba gorimbo feb 18th

Page 249

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones reveals ‘I have a date’ for UFC return, verbal agreement in place
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch insane knockout punch leave fighter flat on the canvas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch: Conor McGregor’s return teased in spine-tingling promo ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC 301 with AC/DC x 3
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Jose Aldo nets $21k for potential final UFC fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Steve Erceg reacts to Alexandre Pantoja loss at UFC 301: ‘I just blew it’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Feel Bad For Buffer’
  • MMA Mania : Biggest Winners, Loser From UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301, The Morning After: Retirement Isn’t Real!
  • Bad Left Hook : Boxing streaming and TV schedule for May 6-11
  • Jits Magazine : Michel Pereira Lands Crazy Backflip Pass Into Controversial Submission Win At UFC 301
  • Jits Magazine : Tony Ferguson Reveals That He Has Been Offered A Grappling Match With Charles Oliveira
  • MMA Mania : Alvarez Clowns ‘Girl’ De La Hoya After Win
  • MMA Mania : Alvarez Clowned De La Hoya After Win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 post-fight show: Reaction to Alexandre Pantoja’s scare, Jose Aldo’s big return
  • MMA Mania : UFC 303 Gets ‘Foggy’ Teaser Trailer
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Canelo Dominates in Unanimous Decision Victory [Video Highlights]
  • MMA Mania : Video: Canelo Mocks Benavidez After Beating Munguia
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Have A Date, I’ll Let Boss Man Dana Announce That’
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya Reacts To Canelo Beating Munguia