Tapology Forums

Dos Santos fighting for interim title....

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

01.11.2011 | 5:05 AM ET

against a TBA opponent....who SHOULD he fight? my vote goes to shane carwin...great fight

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,575
  • Post Score: 275

01.11.2011 | 5:19 AM ET

Lesnar, Carwin, or Mir are probably the only real options right? And Mir is already scheduled for a UFC 130 fight with Roy Nelson.

Maybe Carwin is it.  Getting in a cage fight with Junior Dos Santos is probably not the doctor-recommended way to recuperate from neck surgery.  I think Carwin would have a hard time closing the distance and getting this fight to the ground or up against the fence into a clinch.

"I live, I die, I live again."

jersey0525
jersey0525

01.11.2011 | 5:23 AM ET

if carwin thought gonzaga hit hard, he's in for a treat against dos santos.

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

01.11.2011 | 5:26 AM ET

Is this actually going to happen? Last i heard JDS wasn't happy about sitting on the sidelines for so long, he wants his title shot NOW!

It'd have to be Lesnar, Mir, Carwin, or Big Roy. The only problem with that is Mir is the only one coming off a win against an "old" CroCop. But who the hell else is there in the HW division that's not in Strikeforce right now? My vote goes to Carwin

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,575
  • Post Score: 275

01.11.2011 | 5:35 AM ET

Kevin Iole says there will be an interim belt supposedly:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/11/1928381/junior-dos-santos-to-fight-for-interim-ufc-heavyweight-title

I didn't actually listen to this radio show.

"I live, I die, I live again."

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

01.11.2011 | 5:37 AM ET

Bad spot for the ufc to be in. With carwin,lesnar,nelson all coming of loses i think mir makes the most sense since hes on a 1 fight with streak. Although with the horrible performance against cro cop i dont think dana is in a rush to give him an interm title shot. Even though brendan schaub isnt ready for a shot they might consider giving it to him because if he wins his next fight against cro cop then that would put him on a 4 fight win streak.
jersey0525
jersey0525

01.11.2011 | 5:41 AM ET

can't be big roy, who JUST got destroyed by jds....carwin would be interesting....lesnar prolly retiring because he doesnt like being hit forreal...mir, well it'd be hard to justify him over carwin after carwin used his face for practicing his uppercuts...dark horse contender would be nog, teacher vs student, fightn for a title

bklettke
bklettke

01.11.2011 | 5:49 AM ET

What a ****can for a situation, JDS has stated in the past he would never fight NOG, he is his mentor, teacher, and hero. Post fight (a while ago) he even went as far as saying he'd clean out the entire division as the #2 HW before he'd ever have the nightmare of fighting NOG, not to mention he'd eat him for breakfast on the feet......
jersey0525
jersey0525

01.11.2011 | 6:38 AM ET

i agree, but that leaves just carwin..and carwin would get destroyed

bklettke
bklettke

01.11.2011 | 6:53 AM ET

I'd have to agree, he has no headmovement and hasn't really punched anyone with good head movement. The only way he wins is in a tight exchange, otherwise JDS is more technically sound in pretty much every aspect of fighting. Not to mention he didn't just have neck surgery.
bklettke
bklettke

01.11.2011 | 7:06 AM ET

http://www.shane-carwin.com/profiles/blogs/my-next-fight-1

Just read this Blog from Shane Carwin, basically it says he accepted the Roy Nelson fight (2nd time) for UFC 130 and it was a 90% go until the UFC decided Mir should fight Big Country. He says he's now fighting at UFC 131 in Vancouver in early June WITH AN OPPONENT TO BE DETERMINED, just like Iole is saying JDS's opponent is TO BE DETERMINED. Makes sense to me that JDS/Carwin is on for the interim title.........

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,722  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

01.11.2011 | 8:52 AM ET

I would enjoy seeing carwin and jds. Either way its going to be a fight with a finish.  I think its a safe bet to have carwin in the first round and if it goes past that JDS gets more and more likely by the minute.
Jds is faster and with better movement and hits really hard, but carwin has such crazy power in his hands even a glancing blow hurts people.  Carwin is also much heavier and stronger.  
I dont wanna see jds lose because imo hes the best challenge for cain right now but at the same time this is a winnable fight for carwin.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan Confident Islam Makhachev Will Be a ‘Very Easy Fight’ for Him After Seeing Him at UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Raul Rosas Jr. slighted by Ricky Turcios' criticism of his withdrawal, confident he'll 'put him out' at UFC on ESPN 57
  • MMA Mania : White Lie: Power Slap ‘Has More Viewers Than Any Taylor Swift Video Ever Posted’
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Jared Cannonier still make a title run or will Nassourdine Imavov end the dream at UFC Louisville?
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Pereira: Everybody talks about Magomed Ankalaev's grappling, 'but they don't know my ground'
  • MMA Mania : FIGHT LIFE! Poirier Details Extent Of Multiple Injuries
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 304 poster released featuring champs Leon Edwards, Tom Aspinall
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Marcos: UFC on ESPN 57 a great opportunity to stop John Castañeda, close in on rankings
  • MMA Junkie : Nassourdine Imavov: Jared Cannonier won't hit me like he did 'punching bag' Marvin Vettori
  • Middle Easy : There is ‘Great Positivity’ That the UFC 303 Headliner Between Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler Will Move Forward
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC antitrust settlement agreement submitted to the court for approval
  • MMA Mania : Makhachev Would Have Been ‘Very Easy Fight’ For Tsarukyan At UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC antitrust settlement agreement includes new contract provisions for fighters
  • UFC.com : BRAD KATONA: ADDRESSING THE BOTTLENECK
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC, RIZIN announce talent swap partnership with bareknuckle fights headed to Japan
  • Jits Magazine : Polaris Announces First Ever Gi Grand Prix
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC partners with RIZIN on co-promoted events, talent exchange, expansion into Japan
  • MMA Mania : Hall Pass? Rockhold Wants UFC Return Vs. ‘Fake Little B—ch’ Strickland
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC partners with RIZIN on co-promoted events, talent exchange, and expansion into Japan
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland responds to Luke Rockhold's callout: 'Xtreme? I'll f*ck you up for fun'