Tapology Forums

Next for Movsar Evloev (#13)?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

rkn5
rkn5
  • Predictions:  2,049  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  569
  • Post Score: 35

06.17.2021 | 11:52 AM ET

Movsar showed his elite wrestling and decent hands in a one-sided victory versus Hakeem Dawodu (#19). 27 years old, 15-0 overall and 5-0 in the UFC, Movsar may be the future of Caucasian MMA. 

WHO WILL MOVSAR FIGHT NEXT?
1. Bryce Mitchell (#12) - I doubt this fight will get made because the UFC wants to protect fan-favorite Bryce Mitchell. 26 years old, 14-0 overall, and 4-0 in the UFC he is statistically a copy of Evloev. One Russian grappler, one American grappler. An amazing fight for an PPV, I don't believe we get this matchup yet. 

2. Sodiq Yusuff (#11) - This is the fight I want and believe the UFC will make. Yusuff is a super-talented contender, 28 years old, and 4-1 in the UFC. He is mostly a striker, who has big power for the division. Since he is coming from a loss versus Arnold Allen (#7), I don't believe the UFC intends to protect him. It makes so much sense for the rising Movsar, with elite wrestling, to continue his climb versus a striker with inferior grappling. Yusuff has a higher ranking and is the perfect matchup for Movsar to use his wrestling and remain undefeated. 

3. Josh Emmett (#6) - Maybe Movsar will have a fight with 16-2 (7-2 UFC) veteran Josh Emmett? He is high in the rankings but old at 36 years of age. And more importantly will be returning from a serious knee injury that has sidelined since last summer. Emmett has always shown top level striking, power, and wrestling chops. He is a true talent, but we don't know how he will return from a long lay-off. Will the UFC make this fight? And does it make sense?

4. Arnold Allen (#7) - Arnold Allen is one of the names Movsar called for during his post-fight. He wants to fight Top 10 opponents and Allen is as game as they come. Both guys are 27, and Allen is 8-0 in the UFC! An amazing fight between two top-tier freshmen. #7 vs #13? WIll the UFC make this one? Or will they keep these two apart in order to set up a fight later down the line?

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!
  • MMA Junkie : Raw video: Max Holloway's BMF-ness, Conor's first belt and more UFC legendary moments – without commentary
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Amanda Ribas details recent stalker encounter: ‘He was telling people I was his wife’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream (noon ET)
  • MMA Junkie : Scale snafus: UFC official weigh-in misses in 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Every UFC event in history with three or more weigh-in misses
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Announces Date And Location For Amateur World Championship 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King