Tapology Forums

is Schaub being fast tracked over Struve to contention?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 62

01.06.2011 | 3:22 PM ET

Struve coming off a total drubbing of Sean "my mouth is stronger than my fists" McCourkle, is being targeted to fight Travis Browne (who the **** is this guy) at ufc 130 in may. He was rumored to be fighting Schaub on the ufc versus 3 card, but instead Struve gets bumped and they give him Crop Cop??? I understand cro cop was just knocked out in possibly the weirdest most awful performance of his career, but still he is still one of the most popular fighters (and draws) of the heavys.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/22001/travis-browne-vs-stefan-struve-targeted-for-ufc-130-in-may.mma

Is ufc postioning Schaub above Struve for an end of 2011 contender?

"fresh outta Oakland..."

Responses

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

01.06.2011 | 9:39 PM ET

numero uno... travis browne is an undefeated prospect who has a 1st round ko of james mcsweeney and a respectable draw against cheick kongo on his resume...kids got promise, and this fight reminds me of jardine-alexander, where a fighter coming off impressive win is put in front of a unknown in hopes of seeing if their for real...
second...its ufc-ology 101 that fighter A and fighter B can be identical, but if fighter A was on TUF, he gets rank over fighter B.
lastly, if both win, i predict (and hope for) a fight between them, struve vs schaub.

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 62

01.07.2011 | 8:11 AM ET

yes ultimately thats what i wanted, a fight between them both which i feel is coming eventually this year. I think Schaub is a legit up and comer, but i just feel struve has earned his contention.

"fresh outta Oakland..."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

01.07.2011 | 8:17 AM ET

Travis Browne won that fight vs Kongo, back problem or not.
jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

01.07.2011 | 8:19 AM ET

struve is a great prospect...i still think he's a prospect because he's only 22, but he got ko'd fast in both of his major steps up, ufc debut vs dos santos and roy nelson 4 fights later...so i think the ufc might be looking at the potential he has and his recent shortcomings against high level opponents, and deciding to take it slow with him

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : IBJJF World Championship 2024 Full Preview
  • MMA Mania : Live! Brooke Vs VanZant Press Conference Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: Gegard Mousasi through the years
  • MMAFighting.com : Misfits Boxing 15: Paige VanZant vs. Elle Brooke press conference video
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia responds to positive 'B' sample with social media outburst: 'I F*CKING LOVE STEROIDS'
  • MMAFighting.com : Carlos Ulberg steps in to face Jamahal Hill in UFC 303 co-main event
  • MMA Mania : Hill Gets New Opponent For UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : With Khalil Rountree out, Carlos Ulberg steps in to face Jamahal Hill at UFC 303
  • MMA Mania : Updated! UFC 303 Fight Card, PPV lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Ben Askren confused what Chael Sonnen is doing against Anderson Silva: ‘I don’t know why you’re boxing’
  • MMA Junkie : Bassil Hafez eager to 'beat the sh*t out of' Mickey Gall at UFC 302, show he's better than debut loss
  • Middle Easy : PFL Founder Donn Davis Disses Kayla Harrison’s Move to the UFC, Dubs Her a ‘Follower Who Needs Validation’
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia’s legal team responds to positive B-sample results for Devin Haney fight
  • Bad Left Hook : Ryan Garcia’s B-sample also positive, legal team releases statement
  • MMA Junkie : Miranda Maverick: 'Pretty girl on Instagram' Tracy Cortez doesn't deserve UFC ranking
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Kayla Harrison, Comedian Che Durena
  • Middle Easy : Paddy Pimblett is Not Thrilled About Fighting ‘Sh*t Human Being’ Bobby Green at UFC 304 in Manchester
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Returns Positive ‘B Sample,’ Goes Nuts On Twitter
  • MMAFighting.com : BTL: McGregor speaks, Usyk beats Fury, UFC Vegas 92 and Bellator Paris, UFC star building
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Between the Links LIVE NOW