Tapology Forums

Next for Belal Muhammad (#12)?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

rkn5
rkn5
  • Predictions:  2,049  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  569
  • Post Score: 35

01.15.2021 | 1:48 AM ET

Muhammad is now #12 in the welterweight division (after Anthony Pettis abdicated his position, moving to the PFL). 17-3 overall, 8-3 in the UFC, he is on a 3-fight win streak. His last victory came 7 months ago, in July, to Lyman Good. 

Slated to fight Dec 19, he had to drop from his bout versus Dhiego Lima due to COVID. 

WHO WILL HE FIGHT NEXT? 

LEAVE YOUR OPINION BELOW.

1. Michel Pereira (#27) - The most likely candidate, in my opinion. Pereira impressed versus Khaos Williams at the end of 2020. He has the size and ability to be great. I believe the UFC will give him his opportunity to break into the top 15 with a fight versus Muhammad next.

2. Robbie Lawler (#13) - Right next to Belal in the rankings, maybe Lawler agrees to a matchup with Muhammad to continue his career entering 2021. Lawler is riding a tragic 4-fight losing streak. Since Lawler doesn't seem too picky about opponents, is it possible we get this match-up next?

3. Miguel Baeza (#33) - If the UFC decides now is the time to boost Caramel Thunder up into the rankings, they might tilt Baeza versus Muhammad. It still may be too early for the promising prospect to enter the rare air of the Top 15, so do you think we will get this fight?

4. Mounir Lazzez (#41)/ Warley Alves (#40) winner - Especially the case if Lazzez wins, I believe Muhammad is nothing but a place keeper for a younger, more promising prospect rising up behind him (viz. Pereira, Baeza, etc). If Lazzez can win impressively this week, we may see an Arab vs Arab showdown for muslim supremacy.

5. Muslim Salikhov (#20) - An older talent hovering outside the rankings, the King of Kung Fu is riding a 4-fight win streak and would be an excellent test for Belal. If Muhammad could beat Muslim it would show his readiness to fight up in the rankings.

6. Tim Means (#24) - A nasty veteran, the UFC may decide to use Muhammad simply to make "fun fights." I don't think he has the talent to contend at the highest level but a fight versus the Dirty Bird would be main card material any day of the week. 

7. Nicolas Dalby (#32) - On a 6-fight win streak, with his 2 most recent victories in the UFC, Dalby may be the middle-of-the-road type of fighter the UFC seeks to pair with Belal. Similar to a Means or Salikhov matchup, a bout with Dalby would be a fan friendly, high level affair without any implication of jumping either fighter up the ranks.  

* Edited at 01.15.2021, 1:49 AM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : UFC 5 Brings Gamers Closer To The Action Than Ever
  • MMA Junkie : NAC withholds earnings from two UFC 300 winners; hearings scheduled
  • Middle Easy : Kayla Harrison Turned Down a Clash with Ketlen Vieira at UFC 303: ‘Stop Running and Sign the Contract’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results: Two fighters heavy – including 2.5-pound miss
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream
  • Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Reveals ‘Crazy’ Story Behind Getting Justin Gaethje an Extra 150k for Fighting Tony Ferguson
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 video: Matheus Nicolau, Alex Perez make weight in Las Vegas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Vieira claims she was offered Kayla Harrison for UFC 303: 'She has to stop running'
  • UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit