Tapology Forums

1st annual Tappies Awards 2020

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

01.04.2021 | 5:16 AM ET

This is a thread talking about the Best and Worst of 2020. You can make up your own awards or just copy my own I don't care. Im trying to not put the same old generic old awards that everyone just agree with 

Favourite Fighter of the year/ Quickest improvement  - Kevin Holland.  He just been pure enterment this year fighting 5 time this year with 4 knockout. And talking **** is alway entertainment. I might put Kevin as the most improve fighter because last year he was losing to Brendan Allen and going to fight where he could of lost in GM3 and the Italian who looks like Spock from Star Trek and they both not very great fighter

Favourite performance  of the Year-  Jan Blahovics vs Dominique Reyes, Because he the only champion who wasn't some undefeted monster or one of  the greatest of all time and i kinda find it lame that only one champ is a guy who was some Champ, And I thought of him as a can like 3 years ago and on the flip side everyone was sucking Domique Reyes **** because he almost beat Jones in 2020 which isn’t impressive because Jones have look dog**** since he had to fight clean. Jan just picked him apart for just under  2 round 

Fighter who surprise you the most this Year-  Tied Glover Texuara and Charles Olivera. I thought both of them were gonna get they ass kicked in both of they're fight because Glover 40+ and Charles Olivera before he was on his win streak. And they both beat good guy in Lionheart  and Mahata for Glover. Charles Olivera beat Kevin Lee And Tony Ferguson. Both of them were plesent surprise because I’m huge fans of both guys

Biggest decline in 2020- Mike Perry- He went from close fight with Vicente Luque which he probley could of won if it was in America to almost lossing a fight to Micky Gall in about a years span. It because of his mental problems and is sad because I'm an big fan

Fighter who pissed you off the most this year- Sean O'Malley. Im usually a fan of most of the ******* fighter but O'Malley is one of the few exception because he piss me off  with just for the way he kept *****ing after the Vera ass whopping and acting like he won

Best Pick/Bet of 2020- Shana Dobson/ Jullian Erosa. I pick and bet both the 1st bigget underdog and the 3rd biggest underdog of 2020. I had money on them more under priceble because I think they're opponent aren't very good/ Really flawed fighter more then them being great because I think Erosa and Dobson ain't getting another win in the UFC. I put money on them because  Sean Woodson can't grapple and Agapova just isn't that great

Biggest Robery of 2020- Zaleski Dos Santos vs Muslim Salkihov. It the only fight in 2020 where I think it was a true Robery  and the fight should be overturn and the judges should be sacked because I can’t see how you can score it for Salkihov because Zalski was the only one hurting him and he outstucked him 

Favorte thing that kept happening in 2020- Chris Tioni **** ups.  I love how I’m nearly all of Tioni fights where he refs he doesn’t stop fight so the guy on top get tired and get Kod and I have to mention the Ed Hermann fight, Ed Hermann pulling a Eddie Gurero was hillarous because he should of got knock out but instead got the Submession. I hate how you people ruin my favourite thing about MMA with all your *****ing as he haven’t really ****** up in a while 

Less Favorite thing that kept happening in 2020- non UFC level guy getting sign with the UFC.  There had to be at lest 20 fighter who weren’t UFC who got sign and it piss me off watching them being lamb to the slaughter for actual prospect. I know it Covid but still

* Edited at 01.04.2021, 6:25 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Responses

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,313
  • Post Score: 285

01.04.2021 | 5:05 PM ET

Worst Judge - Chris Lee. Do I really need to explain?

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

01.05.2021 | 9:00 AM ET

Fighter of the year? Figueiredo followed by Holland

Biggest upset of the year? Dobson KO Agapova

Biggest upset in ranked fight? Blachowich over Reyes or Glover over Santos

"Never go down without a fight"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,779
  • Post Score: 273

01.05.2021 | 12:23 PM ET

I know Buckley has it secured, but I still have faith in Khaos the Ox Fighter for 2021. Bisping said he flat lined Al-Hassan for like 20 minutes, I missed the knockout. Can anyone tell me how long he was down for?

I love this KO, my favourite punch is the straight right down the pipe ala Pedro Rizzo vs.

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

01.05.2021 | 2:44 PM ET

Fighter of the year: Kevin Holland. Why? 5 straight wins in one year, and a candidate for knockout of the year, and he starched Buckley with a beautiful right hand. Two great KO's. 

Why not Figgy? 2 wins over a done Benavidez, and a green Perez who had no chance. 

Comeback of the Year: Dariush vs.

Horror story of the year: Mike Perry, I do feel bad for this guy because he's his own worst enemy. From Platinum Nation to out of the only job this guy can do. 

Commentator of the year: Paul Felder for handling his job while also being a truly good and exciting fighter, gotta respect him pulling off both gigs and he is good at both of them, he's not the greatest but out of all the commentators I enjoy him the most. DC, Rogan just go 'oooooooooooh' Bisping would be second always love that dude on the mic and glad he is doing well after his career.

Biggest fall from grace: Marlon Moraes, from looking like a killer, to now 3 TKO losses in the UFC and two in a row in the first round.

Scariest submission of the year: Queen of Violence vs. that poor woman. That was truly horrifying the way she just grabbed the leg, and destroyed it. I found it quite disturbing, considering she just broke it (I'm assuming). Didn't even try to get a tap. 

Best submission of the Year: Khabib vs. Justin 

Best walk out: Israel Adesanya

Biggest loser of the year: Paula Costa. Gets totally destroyed (how many leg kicks was that?!) and still thinks he deserves a rematch in a video he released.

Worst commentator of the year: Big John and Josh Thompson

Worst colour commentator and YouTuber: Chael Sonnen

* Edited at 01.05.2021, 2:44 PM ET *

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

01.05.2021 | 10:25 PM ET

Favorite fighter of 2020 - Kevin Holland - 5 wins and awesome interviews. Im a fan.

Favourite performance - Khabib...showing total disregard to Justins power and marching him down. Also switching from armbar to triangle because Gathje's parents were at the fight and he didnt want t injure him...pure class

Surprise fighter of the year - Charles Olivera - who knew his wrestling was so good? Totally man handled Tony

Biggest Decline - Anderson Silva ... he only fought one and got KO'd..he's getting slower and the chin is thin

Fighter who pissed you off the most this year - Mike Perry - the dude has issues. Cant stand him and can't believe the amount of press he gets for a mid-tier fighter. I fear for his unborn child

Biggest Robbery of 2020 - Ewell vs Martinez...WHAT IN THE ACTUAL ****!!!

Favourite thing that kept happening in 2020 - I miss the crowds, but my favourite thing was hearing the actual impact of strikes.....gawd dayum!!

Less Favorite thing that kept happening in 2020 - Covid cancellations of main events

Worst Judge - Chris Lee

Fighter of the Year - Figgy Smalls, 3-0-1 2 KO's of Benevidez(probably ****** Megan Olivia) subbed Perez and had an absolute war vs moreno....although I've always liked Flyweight, he literally got that weight class on the map

Biggest upset of the year - Dobson vs Agapova

Biggest upset in ranked fight - Olivera vs Ferguson...its not that the betting lines were that much off. Tony ferguson -165, Olivera +140 . But it was the way "do Bronx" handled Ferguson!! 30-26 and almost took an arm home too!!

KO of the Year - Buckley...To answer flying front kick about the Khaos KO over Razak...I think he was down a good 20 minutes

Comeback of the Year - Chase Hooper vs Peter Barrett - Down 2 rounds and pulls off an imanari roll to leg lock to heel hook

Horror story of the year - yeah Mike Perry..and it looks like 2021 isn't starting good for him either

Commentator of the year - Jon Anik...no bravado, just calls the action as it should be

Biggest fall from grace: Tito Ortiz...Holy **** have you seen his Council shenanigans. He's gone from feared fighter to excuse machine to bellator cast off to ****** councilman...his idiocy has remained steady throughout though

Scariest submission of the year - can't disagree with the Queen of Violence sub...that leg shouldn't bend like that

Best submission of the Year - Antonio McKee - "Mckeeotine" and against a great grappler..this dude is legit. Im thinking new bellator champ in 2021

Best walk out: ok ok, the one positive thing about Mike Perry was his mix up song of "halo" by Beyonce He sung it out loud and damn proud...also he came out with his GF as his only corner-person 

Biggest loser of the year: Cody Garbrandt - I'm not calling him a loser as in fighting abilities or personality, he also had one of the best KO's of the year with Assuncao. He lost because he had a title shot with Figgy but got sick with covid, moreno stepped in and gave a fight of the year performance. Which means rematch(probably in May)The UFC basically wanted him to bolster the FLY weight division, now he's not needed...Cody now either sits on the sidelines and waits until late summer or stays at BW which means another tough fight in the highly competitive BW division. He went from Title fight to not needed.

Worst commentator of the year : Joe Rogan - I used to love Joe, but now he's unprepared and doesn't know the fighters. You're either invested or not. Joe is too busy with his other ventures  to give his all to the sport. 

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

01.06.2021 | 11:33 AM ET

This is kind of off topic, but honestly this man has a bright future ahead of him. One of the breakout stars of 2020 even with the loss to Pereira. Incredibly intelligent. 

So I'll give him the best dressed fighter award. 

* Edited at 01.06.2021, 11:51 AM ET *

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,304  |  69.2%
  • Forum Posts:  7,313
  • Post Score: 285

01.06.2021 | 12:11 PM ET

@flying_frontkick

Why not simply give Khaos Williams a rookie of the year or breakout star of the year award?

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

01.06.2021 | 1:53 PM ET

Favorite Fighter of the year/ Quickest improvement – Kevin Holland. It’s just objectively true.

Favorite performance of the Year – OOOOOF. That’s a tricky one. Maybe Gaethje dismantling Ferguson. Or maybe Frankie putting up against the young punisher at 135. Hard to say this really was a year of amazing performances all around. If I was being unbiased probably the literal murder of Jospeh Benevidez in front of his wife by Deiveison. But I’m a fan of Joey B so that was hard to watch lol.

Fighter who surprise you the most this Year – Paul Felder. All around what a story this guy has from 2020. Despite being 0-2 I think Felder genuinely surprised me the most. Not so much for the cage skill, we all knew he had that. Just the mentality and making the weight, saving that fight card. How much he’s grown on the mic. In terms of strictly who surprised me the most for MMA skill? Probably Holland working Jacare on the ground, I thought the fight was over with that one takedown.

Honorary mention goes to Khabib Nurmagomedov for retiring at 29-0. Shocked me that he didn’t go for 30.

Biggest decline in 2020 – Alhassan seems to be having the worst 2020 in the cage. To come back from a **** charge to get brutally ****** up by two green fighters after having such a strong start in the UFC. Seems like the most drastic decline to me from a cage perspective. But if you include life choices and cage results then Perry takes the cake.

Fighter who pissed you off the most this year-

Best Pick/Bet of 2020- Mounir Lazzez. I made more money on Erosa. But the gut call of taking Lazzez with the small amount of tape out there one him made it feel sweeter.

Biggest Robbery of 2020 – Song Yadong Def. Marlon Vera. But every metric on earth this was a win for Vera. This is the one that made me the most bitter. Probably cause I lost money on it.

Favorite thing that kept happening in 2020 – Great odds on fights. One of my more profitable years due to all the cancellations and last minute replacements that shook things up.

Less Favorite thing that kept happening in 2020 – A lot of main events falling apart. Kind of pissed me off to get hyped for a fight and have it slip away, but such is life.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,787
  • Post Score: 180

01.07.2021 | 11:00 AM ET

Performance/Improvement award - Brian Ortega

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick

01.07.2021 | 11:45 AM ET

Best new colour commentator 
Forgot Maverick Michael Chiesa, similar to Felder he has now taken on the role of colour commentator at the desk with Megan, and whomever else. He's doing very well and he's a heck of a fighter. 

NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  2,790  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  941
  • Post Score: 298

01.07.2021 | 12:07 PM ET

Performance of the year imo is Emmett v Burgos. Three rounds ******* awesome fight Emmett blows his knee out and still puts on a performance like that! What a chin on Burgos, Emmett has so much power i think he can sleep anyone at 145, and Burgos didn’t take his foot off the gas for the whole 15, there’s no competition again imo

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

NickySwaz
NickySwaz

01.07.2021 | 1:26 PM ET

Free money bet of the year- Usman by Decision +160 this was the first time in my life where i have ever bet more than $100. I was calling everyone i knew to tell them to place a bet on the line before it moves. Never been so happy seeing someone footstomp someone else for 25 mins. Thank you Kamaru 

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

NickySwaz
NickySwaz

01.07.2021 | 1:28 PM ET

Best dressed- Ox-Fighter no doubt 

NickySwaz
NickySwaz

01.07.2021 | 5:29 PM ET

Event of the year- Gaethje v Tony 

Hight of corona in NY i managed to get 10 of my best friends together to watch in my back yard to watch we had a great time fire pit and grilled shrimp such a great time 

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

01.07.2021 | 5:59 PM ET

Most stupid title shots- Cruz and Aldo back to back - 
-The thing that piss me the most about the UFC is the treatment of the Battamweight title, it rare that they make good title shot at batamweight and screw the guy working they ass off, Batamweight might be the best division in the UFC so they no need to make stupid title fight , 
Btw Aljaman Sterling is the real champ IMO going threw murder row while Yan is fight old people 

Most stupid thing people thought- Ortega would improve in 2-3 year off at 28
Honesly, couldn't belive people thought Ortega was gonna be the same Ortega that fought Holloway, He got his ass kick and was an elite fighter who has alot to improve.Ortega clearly was gonna get so much better and Even still I have to ament, I was still surprise by how much he improve 

Saddest moment- Anderson Silva getting Knockout and retirement speach
I'm a tought guy and I was almost crying from watching Silva get knockout,It made it worst watching the 1st 14 or so minute before the first knock down , Silva was winning, And to see him get knock out again was the icing on the cake

Decision that piss you off the most- Holloway vs Volkoniski 2
Holloway beat Volkoniski pretty clearly in atlest 3 round and it not the worst decsion in the world becuase Volkonoski could of won if you have you Volknoski fan club shirt on, The reason it anoyed me more then alot of the other decsion is that Holloway is never gonna get his belt back, Btw both of the Holloway, Volkonski fights are the expample to why judging is terrible, How can Both fight be 48-47 Volkanoski on 2 of the judges score card when they 2 vastly diffrent in competivness

* Edited at 01.07.2021, 6:34 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

01.07.2021 | 10:36 PM ET

I had forgot that Cruz and Aldo received title shoot for nothing this years. That was very bad matchmaking and both were destroyed.

"Never go down without a fight"

NickySwaz
NickySwaz

01.08.2021 | 9:28 AM ET

Fighter who had the worst year, Tyrone Woodley, and you gotta love to see it. I hope that prick has a bad year every year. Am i still mad that he knocked out Robbie Lawler, yes. But aside from that I’m happy to see him losing all the time, keep it up.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55