Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 461

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,902  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

07.17.2022 | 12:50 PM ET

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Schwarzkopf
Schwarzkopf
  • Predictions:  1,861  |  55.1%
  • Forum Posts:  706
  • Post Score: 275

07.17.2022 | 1:36 PM ET

"Time is the enemy. "

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,544
  • Post Score: 262

07.17.2022 | 4:11 PM ET

The main tapology thread is aids, I know these kids are trolling, But I don't even think it's really trolling, I just think it annoying, I think good trolling is being a wolf in sheep clothing with tricking people into believing you really being genuine, You can use elements of name calling and spamming the thread, From personal experience they're really aid in trolling, But just using them is annoying

And I respect the art of trolling, Fishrat is a great troll because he can get people to believe him being genuine, I also think I got a rise out of people with effective trolling, 

* Edited at 07.17.2022, 4:17 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

TARTARA
TARTARA

07.17.2022 | 4:15 PM ET

@duck

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,961  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,059
  • Post Score: 88

07.17.2022 | 4:15 PM ET

@damien they just want to get a rise out of me lol 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

07.17.2022 | 4:18 PM ET

You know, I am genuinely starting to worry about Greg. I don't think he'd let the levels of flaming and spam happening on the boards pass under usual circumstances.

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 18 hours, and 9 minutes from now.
TARTARA
TARTARA

07.17.2022 | 4:21 PM ET

@ @ De La Mayonnaise

You are the worst person - poster on Tapology, you are not anything special, stop to capitalize the whole Tapology community, and stop dizzying up balls, you are a simple ZERO !

Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,535  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,865
  • Post Score: 259

07.17.2022 | 4:24 PM ET

Isn't Greg on vocation right now? 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

****les
****les

07.17.2022 | 4:25 PM ET

BLM ladies and gentlemen.

So this lady got shot at by a black guy, in her apartment, in front of her kids. He was trying to kill her. She called the cops, they turned up and shot him. So now BLM has turned up at her place to picket her and support the shooter, and harangue her. They repeatedly call her a ***** and tell her to shut the **** up. Her kids are in the car.

This **** needs to end. These people are cancer. White ****libs front and centre for virtue-signalling points as usual.

https://twitter.com/DrewHLive/status/1548723955833323521?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1548723955833323521%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatriots.win%2Frising

* Edited at 07.17.2022, 4:32 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 18 hours, and 9 minutes from now.
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,142
  • Post Score: 333

07.17.2022 | 5:18 PM ET

yeah, Greg used to be alot more active and police alot more the forums.

Wonder if he just said **** it, let the animals be animals lol

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

07.17.2022 | 5:25 PM ET

I mean he’s always put a great amount of effort and developed this site with rigor and diligence before right? Just like the 5,000 things that have been pending since 2017. The sites fine, and it works, and he’s probably just not about the effort. 

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Casual008
Casual008

07.17.2022 | 5:26 PM ET

What if Greg is behind all these spam accounts 😳 

HiDefff
HiDefff

07.17.2022 | 5:33 PM ET

@Hippie ^ been saying this for years 
****les
****les

07.17.2022 | 5:34 PM ET

@Casual the thing about that is, in a 'teleological' sense at least, damage is almost always indissoluble from 'impact'. Ultimately, the criteria is about who hurt who more, and the operative syllogism of that system must always necessarily be damage. There's not really any other way to define impact, and damage is pretty much the only way that a human being can observe impact in such a way as to make a distinction between one fighter's performance relative to another's in a bout. 

Damage can take many forms, however. If one fighter got outlanded with pitter-patter--and even sustained a minor cut in a round but was not visibly effected by this--but forced a pressure wrestling game in that round causing their opponent to be completely gassed and exhausted, they should win the round despite being outlanded because of impact.

However:

“Legal blows that have immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute towards the end of the match with the IMMEDIATE weighing in more heavily than the cumulative impact. Successful execution of takedowns, submission attempts, reversals and the achievement of advantageous positions that produce immediate or cumulative impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match, with the IMMEDIATE weighing more heavily than the cumulative impact.”

So in practicum, striking damage--knockdowns, wobbling, cuts etc--are always going to be favoured more as per the criteria because their impact is always deemed 'immediate' which superates the cumulative. Pressure wrestling does cause an impact, but it's never the case that it's immediate because fighters gas over time.

The real clause that causes issues is this one due to the amount of epistemological liberty in grants the judges:
"the potential to contribute towards the end of the match"

Because of this little throwaway tag, Judges ostensibly have the right to determine what kinds of damage, be they immediate or cumulative, fit that definition.

As I've said many times, if there is a perfect system of scoring heuristics/philosophy I'm yet to see it. I don't think the criteria is bad at all, it's the application of it that's often very bad.
Casual008
Casual008

07.17.2022 | 5:37 PM ET

I was wondering if one of you guys was going to quote the out dated rule set. That's from the 2019 Unified Rules of MMA, but the current version of the rules is 2019 Unified Rules of MMA Amended removed the portion regarding immediate and cumulative, or at least worded it much differently. 

https://www.abcboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/unified-rules-amended-august-2019.pdf

* Edited at 07.17.2022, 5:38 PM ET *

****les
****les

07.17.2022 | 5:41 PM ET

@Casual they're exactly the same. The updated version is just a facsimile of its predecessor. There is nothing that you can point to in either which separates them as fundamentally different in any way. MMA scoring is what it has always been and MMA fights are judged the way they always have been. It's not really worded differently at all.

c. Judges shall evaluate Mixed Martial Arts techniques, such as effective striking/grappling(Plan A), effective aggressiveness(Plan B),and control of the fighting area(Plan C).Plans B and C are not taken into consideration unless Plan A is weighed as being even. d. Evaluations shall be made in the specific order in which the techniques appear in (c)above ,giving the most weight in scoring to effective striking/grappling, and effective aggressiveness, and control of the fighting area.

All that's different is the words used, not what the words mean. 'Effective' is just a transplant for 'Dominant'. Judges are still defining what that means based on the same visual cues they always have. Or should be, anyway.

* Edited at 07.17.2022, 5:45 PM ET *

Casual008
Casual008

07.17.2022 | 7:45 PM ET

@****les Of course the amended version of the same rule set is going to be fundamentally the same, no one is arguring otherwise, however the "throwaway tag" you quoted is completely removed from Effective Striking/Grappling section of the rulebook and instead we see a similar line, but now placed in assesing 'Dominance' only not striking/grappling as a whole. This is already a big dfference between the outdated and current rules

I completely agree with your first two paragraphs, my comment was orginially in regards to when we see people argue rounds it's often in fights were the there is no or near even 'impact' and soley look at effective strikes landed, but not effective grappling or rather 'Plan A' as a whole. It's not necessarily damage first in all contexts and I think the term, "damage based scoring", ends up being a bit of misnomer for fans who are unaware on the rules, or application of how damage is judged. 

****les
****les

07.17.2022 | 7:54 PM ET

@Casual well there's three main problems with it as far as I can see:

A) Teenage sociopaths/manteens/adulteens who infest this site who cannot admit that the fighter they picked lost and subsequently redefine their pick as something other than failure by calling it a robbery despite the preponderance of evidence.

B) Some fights are kind of just impossible to score.

C) Ultimately, we can never really know how affected by anything any fighter is based on visual clues alone, and this will not be achievable until judges have some way to interface with competing fighter's consciousnesses live, in real time, and measure that on that particular fighter's 'damage scale'. So never.  Judging is a bit like cloud-gazing. Some people see faces, animals, some people see fairly floss. Fights that aren't very apparently dominant by one fighter are always going to result in decisions that people believe are either bad or good. I don't think there's any solution to it.
Hippie
Hippie

07.17.2022 | 8:12 PM ET

I’m listening to a good conversation here and I appreciate it.
Lots of personal options, ideas, your own take on matters at hand.
Very enjoyable reads.

Thanks.
Casual008
Casual008

07.17.2022 | 8:16 PM ET

The rulebook could be a tad bit clearer on how impactful/effective grappling comes into play or what it looks like, perhaps don't score positional changes at all. If the old rulebooks philsophy of, 'a takedown is not merely a change in position but rather establishment of an attack from the takedown' still apply why does the rulebook reward impactful/effective advantageous position, wouldn't they end up being the same thing. Since a successful takedown is the establishment of an advantageous position alongside being able to mount impact do we score that sequence twice over? The rulebook isn't very clear on this. 

Page 461

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'
  • MMA Mania : NSAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopes?!?
  • MMA Mania : NAC To Fine Biters, Brawlers And Diego Lopez?!