Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,779  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,558
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 407

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,055  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,152
  • Post Score: 88

06.17.2022 | 2:27 AM ET

@jreynolds I was asleep dumbass🤣

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

06.17.2022 | 2:27 AM ET

Was that supposed to be a shot at me or something? You realize every human sleeps yeah?

* Edited at 06.17.2022, 2:38 AM ET *

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

06.17.2022 | 7:45 AM ET

Jreynolds hasn’t posted in a personal best; 12 hours! Damn that’s wild 

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  12,686  |  72.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,524
  • Post Score: 13

06.17.2022 | 10:08 AM ET

Lol. All jokes

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

06.17.2022 | 10:11 AM ET

👌👌

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

06.17.2022 | 11:34 AM ET

You guys see Glory kickboxing released all of their Russian fighters because of the war? What a terrible and ******* stupid idea by them

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,171  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,164
  • Post Score: 332

06.17.2022 | 12:21 PM ET

https://www.sportsfule.com/2022/06/17/glory-sidelines-russian-fighters-luis-tavares-can-take-light-heavyweight-title/

Didn't hear about that until now. Not sure of Glory's reasoning. They are not letting the Russian fighters to compete because of travel bans, payment issues and safety. While the UFC and countless MMA and boxing organizations still have Russian fighters competing

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,413  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  737
  • Post Score: 316

06.17.2022 | 1:57 PM ET

@Xconchris

Good points. Every business entity is going to handle it in their own way. Politics aside, it's likely that fighters in American promotions have already secured arrangements in the US in terms of residency and banking. That would be less certain in Germany, where anti-Russian demonstrations, potentially violent, are also more likely. If they can't pay fighters, assure their safety, or even be reasonably sure they'll be able to get into the country, that makes it tough to book them. 

Have other European promotions de facto suspended Russian fighters?

* Edited at 06.17.2022, 2:02 PM ET *

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

06.17.2022 | 2:01 PM ET

Only one I know of is ksw cancelling shamil musaev’s title fight 

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

06.17.2022 | 2:23 PM ET

Musaev and Chuzigaev haven't fought in the KSW since war the  started 

* Edited at 06.17.2022, 2:24 PM ET *

"****."

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,402  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,975
  • Post Score: 172

06.17.2022 | 2:24 PM ET

@Xconchris

>While the UFC and countless MMA and boxing organizations still have Russian fighters competing

Unfortunately people like you don't realize this isn't the "gotcha" you think it is. If what you say is true, then GLORY doing this isn't an issue at all, since there are all these "countless" organizations which aren't having any problems. So okay then, go sign them up and have the fighters make money over there, the options are "countless".

Whether GLORY's decision is a legitimate problem or just some petty personal gripe, it doesn't ultimately matter in the end, because as you say there are no problems anywhere else, so one promotion "downgrading" their roster should just be seen as their big loss.

Like what do you want, for GLORY to keep them on the roster and the fighters just don't get paid for however long this goes on? GLORY clearly isn't looking to reverse this decision, so complaining about them letting their fighters go is just such a weird response to all this. You don't want them to make money? Okay, tell us more how this is such a bad thing...

lol

"🏴 No Quarter Given 🏴"

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,299  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,306
  • Post Score: 136

06.17.2022 | 3:29 PM ET

Glory has done a lot of weird shady political stuff not sure where they're going with this.
But they've lost Polish And plenty of other talent lately roster is getting thin and stagnant in my opinion.
Think they're on their third ownership or more probably broke and screwing ruskies over is way to save money.
Too bad used to love Glory c 2010 "wiki says 2012 and 2 owners" but who you gonna trust .

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

06.17.2022 | 3:33 PM ET

I just think it’s a dumb move by them. Not all Russians are bad because their nation wants to get rid of ukraine lol. Just stupid 

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,299  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,306
  • Post Score: 136

06.17.2022 | 3:37 PM ET

Agreed I never blame a person for their government or its history its a silly notion and too many do it.
Russians are good people I know lots of them same Chinese people hate the politicians if you must people are people.
Just using two topical groups we all gods chillins

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

06.17.2022 | 4:10 PM ET

Stu is deluded and yet again completely detached from reality. The idea that there's a greater probability of violent protests over Russian fighters competing in Germany than the US is totally bat****. 

Your average German is far more likely to protest against rising energy costs and the flow-on effect of these on the price of business (especially considering the amount of 'eco-taxes' already present in Germany. That is, they are substantially more likely to protest their own government's actions in effecting embargoes than Russians themselves. This has in fact already happened. Your average German is not prone to mob mentality the way your average American is, and is...you know, capable of nuanced thinking. This might hurt your ego, Yankees; German society is far more civilised and educated than yours. Go to Graz and tell me it isn't.

Russians fighting in Germany is a hurdle because of decreased flight availability and the fact that Russia is not in the Schengen zone. You can't take a direct flight from Russia to the EU anymore. Have to go through Turkey or some Balkan ****hole I suppose. This has nothing to do with embargoes, Russia has just pulled down the iron-curtain on it all due to security measures as a consequence of special military ops in Ukraine.

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

06.17.2022 | 4:15 PM ET

That went well.

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
  • Predictions:  3,016  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  880
  • Post Score: 327

06.17.2022 | 4:31 PM ET

Are there a lot of Germans in Graz, Austria?  Sorry, not very good at geography.

"While I Have Breath, I Have Hope."

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,413  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  737
  • Post Score: 316

06.17.2022 | 4:35 PM ET

@AyyLmaonnaise

Agreed 100%. The problem is getting them paid and getting them to the event. If there is a moratorium on transactions with Russian banks, that complicates matters. If travel restrictions prevent fighters from getting to Germany, that makes it hard to book them on a German card. And then there is the problem of over 700,000 Ukrainian refugees in Germany (and even more in neighboring Poland) who might raise hell about it. For better or worse, some companies just don't want to deal with the headaches.

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

06.17.2022 | 4:54 PM ET

Goddamnit Bellatrix stop eating the bait. I'm trying to fish here.
Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

06.17.2022 | 5:01 PM ET

Well Russia has started issuing visas and cancelling debts for Ukrainians in....liberated, Ukrainian territories. The problem is a lot of the infrastructure in those places has been bombed back into the Stone Age, and there's no industry. It will take years to correct and the refugee crisis will continue. Basically the EU has to hope that the invasion ends in Odesa, which I believe it will.

Regardless, Russia is doubling down. Intel Slava Z posted this overnight from one of Putin's speeches.

* Edited at 06.17.2022, 5:04 PM ET *

Page 407

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Bianca Basilio Puts Opponent To Sleep In 35 Seconds At ONE Fight Night 22
  • Bad Left Hook : Canelo vs Munguia: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 odds: Opening and closing betting line movements
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Results: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: CEAST AND DESIST!
  • MMA Junkie : Artur Beterbiev vs. Dmitry Bivol postponed due to injury
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Welcomes Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Accepts Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville, Ky.
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Video! Oliveira Cradles Teammate During Terrifying Weight Cut
  • UFC.com : Drakkar Klose Is Tuning Out The Noise
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Fighters talk favorite Jose Aldo memories ahead of UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Beterbiev vs Bivol postponed due to injury, rest of card goes on
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Paul Craig: Caio Borralho in Rio not favorable, but 'we have built our career in the UFC over upsets'
  • UFC.com : The Most Dangerous Vinc Pichel
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Promises To ‘Knock McGregor Out Bad’
  • MMA Junkie : Charles Oliveira willing to be backup for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler – under one condition