Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,715  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7,450
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Responses Page 31

HiDefff
HiDefff

03.10.2021 | 6:58 PM ET

Gabi would get arm barred by Mackenzie Dern after she misses weight..... again
FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke
  • Predictions:  28,892  |  80.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,529
  • Post Score: 237

03.11.2021 | 1:10 PM ET

I think they should have an openweight division for men and women, can't miss weight if there's no limit! Also tell me that's not the true BMF belt

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,964  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

03.11.2021 | 4:18 PM ET

It's also where they could have their extraneous bouts that they don't want to make **** up rankings and specific divisions. Just call it an openweight fight, no weigh in just show up on fight night.

Diaz vs Poirier 

Izzy vs Jones

Perry vs Till

Make it happen Dana.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

Hippie
Hippie

03.11.2021 | 8:34 PM ET

^

Good idea @ Tieoken!

Miscellaneous Thread..
*** what a day!  Work picks up heavy this time of year.
So u probably see me on early mornings & around this time..  **** man!!

JPosadas
JPosadas
  • Predictions:  1,762  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  271
  • Post Score: 400

03.12.2021 | 11:31 AM ET

Women's atomweight would be great, some legitimate talent there the UFC could give a platform to

"I want to **** Chuck" - Wanderlei Silva

HiDefff
HiDefff

03.12.2021 | 11:49 AM ET

haha y'all see Dana say that fighters are on the same level as NFL NBA & MLB players now lmao whos the last NFL player to work at a restaurant during their career. Dana blowing smoke up everyones ass 
FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

03.12.2021 | 11:58 AM ET

That tomato has been getting high huffing his own farts again, NFL players who just help the team during practice make more money than a lot of fighters. Also I agree 100% with @tieoken about the openweight fights, they should do it because it would bring so much publicity. 

"Throughout my career I've learned that "If you win you're the ****, if you lose it's bad." - Bruno "Blindadao" Silva"

Tieoken
Tieoken

03.12.2021 | 12:31 PM ET

Dana is intentionally shilling ******** because he knows the average fan has no idea what these guys get paid. ******* nickels compared to the time and work required of a lot other sports athletes. Top 10 athletes in the world can’t support a family off of the change he gives them. It’s absolutely ******, but why would he pay them more to do what they are already doing. He’s got a golden cow and he’s milking that ***** because these fighters have two choices in the current environment 1.) fight 2.)go hungry.

JPosadas
JPosadas

03.12.2021 | 1:05 PM ET

It's almost as if a fighter's union would be a good idea.

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,032  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,080
  • Post Score: 334

03.12.2021 | 1:58 PM ET

Yet everytime we bring up a fighters union, or association. Half the members on the page say its a bad idea. Bunch of idiots. Never been in a union or part of collective bargaining.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

JPosadas
JPosadas

03.12.2021 | 2:04 PM ET

Exactly. It's almost as if the media has been deliberately feeding people anti-union propaganda to make things easier for their corporate overlords.

I'm always reminded of Sam Alvey. I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was some dumb anti-union screed that shows how brainwashed people are at this point. It's sad though, since someone like him probably stands to gain a lot by joining a fighter's union.

People also keep forgetting that in America alone the NFL, NBA, and NHL all have player's associations and they seem to have worked out just fine - there's no reason it wouldn't work for MMA too.

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

03.12.2021 | 3:02 PM ET

People don't see the direct correlation between the fact that those players have a union, and they get paid a lot more with benefits. It's frustrating.

NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  2,790  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  941
  • Post Score: 298

03.13.2021 | 8:47 AM ET

I’m a part of a Union for work, it’s great but i don’t see it working out the same for the UFC

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

NickySwaz
NickySwaz
  • Predictions:  2,790  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  941
  • Post Score: 298

03.13.2021 | 8:50 AM ET

Like what would some of the union guidelines for mma? If you’re a fighter in a three round fight on TV you make x, and if you’re fighting a main event on that card you make x+y?

"“What happened to you, USA? Wake up, USA! Go! Go back for you, go! Go for Jesus. No forgay Jesus people." -Yoel Romero"

Xconchris
Xconchris

03.13.2021 | 9:46 AM ET

Yea part of a Union too. Retire at 55. Pension for life with benefits. Big annuity check. Huge salary now. Work as many or little hours as i want. Its really Awesome.

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,426  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,397
  • Post Score: 305

03.13.2021 | 10:35 AM ET

it would have to be some sort of modified union for fighters, some guidelines for base pay and promotion. but each separate fighter having some power to negotiate deals for title fights and such would be a good start maybe.

"life: a sexually transmitted terminal disease "

Tieoken
Tieoken

03.13.2021 | 10:49 AM ET

• Base pay with incremental increases per win with the promotion.
  • Health insurance during contract tenure and non-optional health insurance for 90 days after any bout regardless of if the promotion lets them go.
  • Viewership pay for all main card fighters
  • PPV points for all title belt holders and contenders (obviously the holders get more)
  • Required to be offered 4 bouts per year where all offers must be within the fighters selected weight class and within +/- 5 positions of the fighters current ranking. Terms negotiable based on fighters discretion.
  • Sponsorship opportunities for all athletes on their shorts from outside organizations. If these sponsors want their exposure they can negotiate with the fighter or satisfy themselves with the canvas or ads.
  • Post-career development program (this is actually already in existence I just like to call attention to it, shoutout to Forest Griffin).

Xconchris
Xconchris

03.13.2021 | 11:04 AM ET

I said this before in a thread where most objected to my surprise. But imagine if Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov put aside their differences and came out together in unison for a mma fighters union. If Ali abel Aziz organized his mega roster of top fighters. Then we would nsee change. None of the big name fighters have the balls or courage and look out for themselves

* Edited at 03.13.2021, 11:05 AM ET *

Xconchris
Xconchris

03.13.2021 | 11:06 AM ET

They keep dangling the carrot of the top stars loosing money if a union is formed. Ironically they might make more. 

FistyMcKickerChoke
FistyMcKickerChoke

03.13.2021 | 11:26 AM ET

GACKANISM

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/249494-isaiah-comfort

I need to see what happens with this guy. His fighting style is "Gackanism/ way of the Gackel" which sounds like something a crazy person would make up

Page 31

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Mentally Unwell’ Strickland Admits Struggles, Violent Thoughts
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 239 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Feel Like Makhachev Wants To Avoid Us’
  • MMA Junkie : Thiago Moises knows how to wreck a leg – and crush a Dan Hooker callout, too
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Sean Strickland vents mental health struggles: 'I feel like I'm a danger to people'
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Am Not Able To Get A Job’
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Is Worried About Mike Tyson’s Health In Jake Paul Boxing Match: ‘He Shouldn’t Be Fighting Anymore’
  • Middle Easy : Francis Ngannou Doesn’t Remember Round Two Against Anthony Joshua, Claims Boxing ‘Owes Him Something’
  • Bad Left Hook : Tszyu vs Fundora for WBO and WBC belts, PPV undercard adds another title fight
  • MMA Junkie : Alexandre Pantoja: Steve Erceg good name but 'so lucky' to get UFC 301 title shot
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Mike Davis explains how 'Halo' video game helped overcome childhood bullying: 'That saved my life'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor coach unsure why fighter remains un-booked, calls situation ‘weird’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Motherf—ker’s A Fakeass B—ch. Chito Sucks. F—k Him’
  • UFC.com : Fight-By-Fight Preview | UFC Fight Night: Ribas vs Namajunas
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman: Belal Muhammad 'only thing that makes sense' for UFC champ Leon Edwards
  • Middle Easy : Robert Whittaker Lays Out ‘Picture Perfect’ Return Fight, Stance On Champ Dricus Du Plessis
  • MMAFighting.com : Francis Ngannou has ‘no regrets’ about Anthony Joshua fight: ‘I really don’t see a thing that I should have done different’
  • MMA Mania : ‘There’s No Denying’ Carmouche Is ‘Top Girl’ ... But ‘Don’t Underestimate’ Ditcheva
  • UFC.com : Main Event Spotlight | UFC Fight Night: Ribas vs Namajunas
  • MMA Junkie : Chelsea Chandler: 'Week from Hell' led to UFC Fight Night 239 weight miss – complete with attempted home break-in