Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,842  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,655
  • Post Score: 261

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 172

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
  • Predictions:  13,305  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,948
  • Post Score: 247

12.17.2021 | 1:00 PM ET

Nope I've seen none of the Disney Plus shows.

"🌽⚽️"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,883  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  33,093
  • Post Score: 91

12.17.2021 | 1:04 PM ET

ahhh ok. I recommend watching Loki before you see spider man. You could watch spider man without seeing it but the whole parallel universe thing would be confusing. also Loki is an incredible show; easily the best one they've done on Disney plus

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Fremen
Fremen
  • Predictions:  1,368  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,579
  • Post Score: 218

12.17.2021 | 3:48 PM ET

I just got  back from Spiderman No way home and it was awesome. Brought childhood memories. 

* Edited at 12.17.2021, 3:53 PM ET *

"****."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

12.17.2021 | 3:51 PM ET

nice. im seeing it Sunday; cant wait.

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 339

12.17.2021 | 3:59 PM ET

Might be good but my friends won't shut the **** up about it

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  42,115  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,409
  • Post Score: 287

12.17.2021 | 5:54 PM ET

Just out of curiosity for fans of superhero movies: what is the appeal behind them? I've seen several different ones now but I just can't get into the genre at all. Which is strange as I'll happily watch any kind of movie as long as the story and acting is good (except rom coms. Every rom com I've ever seen has been ****). Is it the over the top nature of them that provide escapism and contrasts to ordinary life? If that's the case then there are plenty of other movies in other genres that I can watch and escape from reality in. I dunno, I just get bored in them and struggle to build any kind of emotional connection with the characters whatsoever. Like when -SPOILER ALERT FOR THAT REALLY ******* LONG MOVIE I CAN'T REMBER THE NAME OF WITH THANOS IN IT- Iron Man died in that movie, I was in the cinema with my mates who were bawling their eyes out and I was just waiting for it to end so we could go get some food. And that was with having seen at least 2 of the previous Iron Man movies (definitely seen Iron Man 1 & 2 and I think I saw him in something else as well but don't know if it was an Iron man one or not) so I'd had plenty of time to get connected to him but didn't. At this point, I just think that I'm just never gonna "get" superhero movies.

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,286  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,261
  • Post Score: 331

12.17.2021 | 5:58 PM ET

Personally. I think they are just well made movies from Marvel. I Remember most of the super hero movies of the 90s and early 2000s being terrible. Also liked the Christopher Nolan movies for DC. I am not into comics or anything along those lines but Marvel makes awesome stuff.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.17.2021 | 6:10 PM ET

@Xconchris

In terms of cinematic quality, the superhero movies I've seen have been mind blowing and the special effects are second to none. That stuff isn't important to me personally though as I've never seen one with a plot I could get into or characters I could get interested in. Even some of the acting has been about average IMO. For me, the acting and the story is what makes a good movie, I don't care if an obviously polystyrene prop tree randomly falls down in the background, the effects are trivial details as far as I'm concerned. 

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,470  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  6,587
  • Post Score: 133

12.17.2021 | 6:17 PM ET

StephenTerry I feel same way about superhero/dc movies, I don't have a special attachment to the UNI.
To me they just represent an offshoot of over done fx action movies which can be fun but mostly target youth.
For me the biggest problem is that they lose all balance and plausibility to even tell a story.
I'm a huge scifi nerd and I like to be given stuff to think about not just get smacked in the eyes with stupid rays and explosions.
My greatest enjoyment of them is watching comic nerds rip them apart thinking anyone cares at this point.
Spawn is obviously the pinnacle of comic to movie ever GOAT!

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

12.17.2021 | 6:20 PM ET

For me I love marvel in general but I think it’s really interesting as they have basically adapted the comics into movies. Obviously, it’s nothing like the comics but I think it’s cool how they’ve intertwined all the heroes stories together and now every outcome of the movie has implications for another movie. Also I think they’re just good movies (not cinematic masterpieces or anything but always fun to watch).

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

12.17.2021 | 6:27 PM ET

Well I would say you would have to grow up with the MCU and its depiction of Iron man to really understand the impact of his death. The problem for a newer fan is that Toney Stark's character arc is split between multiple movies (including some non Iron man movies like Avengers, Captain America Civil War, and Spider Homecoming). So you can't really just watch Iron man 1 & 2 then skip to Infinity War and expect to know *** is going on. If you do know the set up Infinity War feels more like a pay off rather then a mindless action movie.

"🌽⚽️"

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

12.17.2021 | 6:28 PM ET

Sorry for the poorly written essay btw.

"🌽⚽️"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.17.2021 | 6:44 PM ET

@Joshjeffords Yeah, that's basically how I feel, I like movies that make you think and actually force you to mentally engage with them if you know what I mean.

@AyyLmaonnaise I get that they're all linked as one franchise as I'm a huge fan of the James Bond franchise (seen all 25 films and read 7 of the original books so far) and the Daniel Craig ones particularly are all linked to the point you can pretty much watch all 5 of them in a row and it would still form a really long cohesive movie. I guess it's the same thing with superhero films but I just can't even start to get into them, there's just nothing that makes me want to see them in the first place and I've only seen as many as I have due to friends wanting to go and see them.

@Cheeseball I'm not sure exactly what age you have to be to have "grown up" with them but I'm 23 for context. I also have absolutely no idea what you're talking about after the first sentence but you also get an upvote for the effort lol!

* Edited at 12.17.2021, 6:45 PM ET *

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

12.17.2021 | 7:10 PM ET

What I mean is you would probably care more about Toney Stark's death if you've slowly seen the his story unfold over decades rather then watching all the Iron Man movies or binge watching the entire in a week or two. I worded that poorly.

* Edited at 12.17.2021, 7:12 PM ET *

"🌽⚽️"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

12.17.2021 | 7:13 PM ET

@stephen terry

That James Bond comparison is actually a pretty solid comparison. I get it tho because superhero movies and action movies are different. 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

12.17.2021 | 7:14 PM ET

I would recommend watching guardians of the galaxy 1 however, as that is actually a hilarious movie. Chris Pratt killed his role 

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.17.2021 | 7:24 PM ET

@Cheeseball Got ya! I saw the first Iron Man at some point in my teens and the other one a few months before the long Thanos snap one so I guess I didn't really grow up with them. On the other hand, I'd also argue that it shouldn't take even a whole movie to become attached to a character if it's done right. 

@AyyLmaonnaise I haven't seen that one. Do you mean genuinely funny or funny by superhero film standards? For instance I've seen both the Deadpool films and the new Suicide Squad one with the talking shark and giant starfish and laughed about twice between the 3 of them and they're meant to be funny from what I gather. 

* Edited at 12.17.2021, 7:25 PM ET *

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

12.17.2021 | 7:27 PM ET

I thought it was funny from a comical standpoint but that’s subjective. It’s got a great soundtrack. If you didn’t like Deadpool or the new suicide squad then I would probably say you wouldn’t like the movie lol.

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

12.17.2021 | 7:35 PM ET

@AyyLmaonnaise

I might watch it when it inevitably makes the rounds on TV at some point. At least that way I won't lose any money if I think it's bad.

Cheeseball
Cheeseball

12.17.2021 | 7:37 PM ET

I would say it was above average funny. Notice how before that movie Marvel films were super serious and since they've been way more comical. 

"🌽⚽️"

Page 172

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : David Avanesyan steps in for Crowley, will face Ennis on July 13
  • MMA Junkie : Denise Gomes gets jubilation for payoff after tough UFC Louisville camp for Eduarda Moura
  • MMAFighting.com : Alan Jouban laments bad stoppages ruining fights: ‘We cannot let the UFC turn into the NFL’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Her Biggest Nightmare Was Kayla’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58 commentary team, broadcast plans set: Michael Bisping, Dominick Cruz join John Gooden in booth
  • MMA Mania : Video: Fury Faceplants In Street After Getting Bounced From Bar
  • MMA Junkie : Taylor Lapilus considers Cody Stamann biggest win of his career at UFC Louisville
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Alex Pereira responds to Jamahal Hill: ‘Maybe he just woke up from the knockout’
  • Jits Magazine : Three Trials Medallists Invited To ADCC 2024
  • Jits Magazine : Andrew Wiltse’s Thoughts… On CJI vs ADCC
  • Jits Magazine : Eoghan O’Flanagan Joins Craig Jones Invitational At Under 80kg
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘UFC Pay Is Utter Garbage’
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Backs Islam Makhachev as the No. 1 P4P Fighter: ‘His Last Few Performances Are Amazing’
  • MMA Mania : MMAmania.com’s ‘Prospect of the Month:’ Jacinta Austin
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Junkie : Carlos Prates makes Perth plea to fight in front of daughter at UFC 305 after Louisville knockout
  • MMA Mania : Poirier ‘Leaning Towards Being Done’
  • MMA Junkie : Ali Abdelaziz: Islam Makhachev wouldn't say no to 'massive star' Conor McGregor for next title defense
  • MMA Mania : ‘We Could Make A Pretty Awesome Fight’
  • MMAFighting.com : Anatoly Malykhin welcomes fight against Francis Ngannou but ONE CEO claims it wouldn’t be competitive