Tapology Forums

Who will win Edgar vs. Maynard III?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

01.06.2011 | 5:36 AM ET

I think maynard will win on heart. At the post fight press maynard looked like he wanted to breakdown and cry. Edgar was making jokes about not getting his paycheck.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Responses

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

01.06.2011 | 5:39 AM ET

Cant doubt the heart of Frankie though after surviving that beating in the first round, I was pretty impressed with him. Still don't know who I would pick in the rematch its a pretty tough call but think I would go with Frankie this time.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

01.06.2011 | 6:01 AM ET

If Edgar can avoid the big bomb that he got hit with in round 1, I think he can take the fight. He's faster and more technical standing.  Maynard's power is such a factor though...

"I live, I die, I live again."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

01.06.2011 | 6:13 AM ET

Frankie will do what all great fighers do, he's going to work on his head movement, distance, and hands and not get caught by the bomb that cost him the fight. Frankie will pick apart Gray on the feet and as he has displayed in his last two fights, his timing and wrestling are a step above everyone else fighting at LW. The takedowns will come and unless Gray gets him against the cage, he won't be on his back.
jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

01.06.2011 | 7:12 AM ET

problem with edgar in the 2nd fight was he overestimated his elusiveness...at least to me, he looked like he didn't think maynard could hit him with power before frankie could slip it...also looked like he was more worried about gray setting up a takedown with weak punches, and he was actually helped ALOT by the foirst round. gray was spent in the 2nd round (lost) and for the rest of the fight he didnt have the great shot he usually shows....that said, frankie's needed fix is alot easier than gray's, because gray feels he won so he won't change much of anything, while edgar is completely disgusted with the performance and will be working hard to make changes., edgar wins

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

noblegass
noblegass
  • Predictions:  369  |  52.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 100

01.06.2011 | 7:12 AM ET

So if Frankie wins the next fight, that makes it a win and  a loss and a draw  each  .........   better start planning the 4 th fight to truly decide who the better fighter is

"It is what it is"

jersey0525
jersey0525

01.06.2011 | 8:04 AM ET

unless he dominates gray...which i dont think will happen..but i also dont think it'll be another immediate rematch...because they NEED to give pettis a shot, to captalize on his recent fame...i hope they dont anyway

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

JimV
JimV
  • Predictions:  30  |  43.3%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: 6

01.07.2011 | 7:22 AM ET

I agree 100%

I picked Edgar the first time but I underestimated his speed, boxing, and takedown defense. I'm going with Frankie next time. 
bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

01.07.2011 | 8:00 AM ET

great point, Gray really does feel like he wont the fight and probably won't change a much other than not trying to finish for 4 minutes straight. its a tough call cuz gray has the 2nd best gameplanner in his corner inthe world right names randy couture. I don't think Gray would blow his load in one round again, he also got pretty set on throwing that left hook. i think he'll savor that punch more rather than trying to use it every 5th punch next fight. regardless, i see frankie winning the rematch and then another grinder of a fight with Pettis.... BTW  Frankie is one tough son of a *****!
jersey0525
jersey0525

01.07.2011 | 8:26 AM ET

worst part of the decision wasn't the draw itself...it was the temporary shelfing of pettis....damn

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida