Tapology Forums

Jon Jones or Rashad Evans?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

kevmb
kevmb
  • Predictions:  1  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 25

10.10.2010 | 4:54 PM ET

Who do you think would win if these two squared off? They're both from Jackson's Submission Fighting but Jon Jones has seemed more aggressive and active in his last two fights (finishing both Vladdy and Vera), while Rashad Evans has used the wall-n-stall tactic to get decision wins. Not to mention the fact he was almost KO'd in both of his fights in the 3rd.

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

10.10.2010 | 7:45 PM ET

i understand they want to bring him along slowly, but jon jones... man... the guy is like an alien sent here to be LHW champion.  just his length alone gives him options that other guys don't have.

"I live, I die, I live again."

ScottBJJ
ScottBJJ
  • Predictions:  580  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: 52

10.11.2010 | 10:11 AM ET

Jon Jones destroys rashad evans everyday all day. rashad hasnt been the same since machida knocked him off top. he'll never be the champ again if he is afraid to finish fights. jones is more than agressive he is steam rolling over the competition.

"obsessed is just another word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

10.11.2010 | 10:15 AM ET

must agree @scott
i think bones is better than rashad at this very moment.  no way rashad gets those takedowns shooting in from way outside like he did on rampage.  jones will see that coming a mile away.  jones by elbowing his way to a 2nd straight cracked orbital bone.  if they ever fought, which they probably won't.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

10.11.2010 | 10:19 AM ET

I'm sick of all of these professional fighters having consciences...haha. Cruel but true.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

ScottBJJ
ScottBJJ
  • Predictions:  580  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: 52

10.11.2010 | 10:26 AM ET

Brazilian's never fight with in their own camp. American fighters dont always have those same standards. the lauzon brothers have said they would be willing to fight eachother. x-treme coture has had fighters face off. Jackson and all his fighters though are all pretty high class and probably wouldnt go for it.

"obsessed is just another word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."

skelliher
skelliher

10.11.2010 | 10:29 AM ET

Yeah I know Greg Jackson's fighters would never go for it and it seems like Zahabi's up in Montreal wouldn't either, but man, at the end of the day, I'm one of the evil, selfish fans who say it's a sport, now stop whining and find out who's better even if it makes practice on Monday morning a little awkward.

Penitence
Penitence
  • Predictions:  205  |  53.2%
  • Forum Posts:  29
  • Post Score: 117

10.11.2010 | 10:31 AM ET

jackson's camp approaches it too much as a business imo.  i didn't like the style of rashad's win over rampage and i didn't like the style of guillard's win over stephens.  don't get me wrong, it's smart if you're looking to out-point your opponent and notch a victory but it doesn't deliver the best action for the fans

"I'd love to change the world / But I don't know what to do / So I'll leave it up to you."

skelliher
skelliher

10.11.2010 | 10:34 AM ET

In terms of game plans, while I agree that it can leave something to be desired as a fan, I am all in favor of intelligent, even cautious game plans. At the end of the day, it's up to the opponent to figure out a way to knock Evans or Guillard on their respective asses.

My issue is with fighting training partners. I think it should be something like a kickboxing tournament. In the tournaments I have fought in, members of the same camp do not face each other in the first round, probably not the second, and only really fight if they have to in the finals or semi-finals.

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

10.11.2010 | 10:45 AM ET

Ultimately I think Dana's only going to stand for so much when it comes to teammates refusing to fight, and Dana's the one who wields the real power.  He is already pissed over the whole Fitch / Koscheck deal and I don't think that is his favorite camp to begin with.  If he decides to make an example of them I'll bet the rest of the camps fall in line and accept fights with teammates whenever they are told to.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

skelliher
skelliher

10.11.2010 | 10:49 AM ET

True enough. I hope it's sooner rather than later.

yankees1
yankees1
  • Predictions:  1,056  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  321
  • Post Score: 86

10.11.2010 | 12:48 PM ET

Suga, hands down, he'll lay & pray all day.

"Jones: I'm sure Shogun poops like I poop. "

kevmb
kevmb
  • Predictions:  1  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 25

10.11.2010 | 3:54 PM ET

Yeah I wasn't impressed with Rashad's wins over Thiago Silva or Rampage Jackson. He's being too cautious and careful and is becoming boring. And I don't believe he is deserving of a title shot either. Nor do I think Rampage should be in a #1 contender fight as well. He's ranked #4 in many publications but I'm not sure why. Forrest Griffin dominated him for 5 rounds but they have Forrest ranked at 6, 7, or even 8 because of his embarrassing loss to Anderson Silva. I just don't understand how the UFC works sometimes, it's beyond me.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 Results: Nicolau vs. Perez
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results: Perry vs. Alves
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Even Holloway Knows He Got Dropped At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: LFA's Kendra McIntyre ragdoll KOs opponent with absolutely vicious head kick
  • MMA Mania : Staredowns! ‘Platinum’ Has Fiery Exchange With Alves
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith on Alex Pereira: 'Given the opportunity, we both would jump on it'
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Official Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream (9 p.m. ET)
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Recalls Justin Gaethje’s ‘Vibranium’ Leg Kicks: ‘This Guy Kick Hard As Sh*t’
  • MMA Junkie : Vanessa Demopoulos prepared to get used to familiarity with UFC opponents like Emily Ducote
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video at 9 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Hoping For McGregor ‘Of Old’ At UFC 303
  • Bad Left Hook : Esparza loses three belts on scale
  • Bad Left Hook : Spence reportedly in ligation with former trainer over unpaid fees
  • Bad Left Hook : Errol Spence reportedly in ligation with trainer Derrick James over unpaid fees
  • MMA Junkie : Why Chael Sonnen thinks Tom Aspinall potentially facing Ciryl Gane at UFC 304 is a big risk
  • MMA Mania : ‘Crazy’ Stalker Sneaks Into UFC PI, Claims Ribas Is His ‘Wife’
  • MMAFighting.com : Hailey Cowan reveals nasty leg break, Tamires Vidal gets replacement for UFC Vegas 92 fight