Ajax loader

Tapology Forums

The Postmodern Carnival of insanity Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  6,741  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  12,244
  • Post Score: 203

07.06.2020 | 3:20 AM ET

A Field-Spotter's guide to Civilization's descent into unmitigated, irresolvable nonsense and absurdity. 

"Omnes Una Manet Nox"

Responses Page 18

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

09.15.2020 | 8:01 PM ET

BLM Fig 1

https://twitter.com/livesmattershow/status/1306014164985540610

also LOL

* Edited at 09.15.2020, 8:08 PM ET *

"Omnes Una Manet Nox"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

09.15.2020 | 8:05 PM ET

"Omnes Una Manet Nox"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  8,269  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  10,463
  • Post Score: 160

09.15.2020 | 9:33 PM ET

@brad lol I missed the L in clock.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

09.16.2020 | 5:02 AM ET

Postmodern carnival of insanity: Survey finds that 20% of Gen Z / Millennials believe Jews caused the holocaust, 28% believe holding Neo-Nazi views 'Acceptable'.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/16/survey-shows-young-new-yorkers-lack-of-holocaust-knowledge/?utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

* Edited at 09.16.2020, 5:04 AM ET *

"Omnes Una Manet Nox"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,488  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  17,756
  • Post Score: 218

09.16.2020 | 9:11 AM ET

@fish on the one hand it's not surprising. I think as soon as you get 2-3 generations into the future, a lot of people start to have no understanding of it. They didn't experience it, and their parents didn't either. They didn't grow up with their parents saying anything about it to them.

On the other hand I'd really want to see the *actual* wording of the questions in this survey. The article says it was commissioned by "the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany" ... which means they funded the survey for the express purpose of furthering their organization's cause. It makes me question the integrity of the survey.

I've written a bunch of surveys over the years, and depending on how you word the questions, you can get pretty different results.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  2,750  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  178
  • Post Score: 244

09.16.2020 | 11:41 AM ET

@Gregory

Plus the fact that there would've been some who deliberately gave troll answers just for the hell of it. When I was 13, we were given a questionnaire about smoking by some anti-smoking organisation and despite none of us being smokers, me and my friends all said things like "we don't believe smoking causes any negative effects" and things like that. I think about half the school did as well so they would've got some alarming results.

* Edited at 09.16.2020, 2:01 PM ET *

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  8,378  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,446
  • Post Score: 183

09.16.2020 | 12:57 PM ET

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

09.16.2020 | 4:11 PM ET

@Greg I really hope those results are down to bad polling design. 28% and 20%? In New York?! What the actually ****, kids?!

Just about fell out of my chair.

I can't believe it isn't part of the school curriculum in the States. It is here. You'll be learning about it from about Grade 9 onward and can't opt-out.

"Omnes Una Manet Nox"

Gregory
Gregory

09.16.2020 | 8:55 PM ET

When I was in high school, history class covered stuff like the US civil war. They didn't tell us anything about more recent things we needed to learn about, like Vietnam.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

09.16.2020 | 11:48 PM ET

The Holocaust would have been covered though, surely? It's mandated here in Australia. Pretty sure every State has to include it as part of highschool History. That's definitely the case in NSW.

We didn't go incredibly deep in to it but it was certainly a big part of what we learned. I'd be pretty surprised if anyone from my generation (or even the current one) couldn't give you a pretty solid overview at least.

The Third Reich is a massive subject and although I wouldn't expect Joe blow to know about the Nemmersdorf massacre, or that 86% of the world's Gypsy population was exterminated in about 4 years, or the ******-up occult **** Himmler did in his private dungeon, I still expect everybody to at least know about the night of the long knives and the final solution. There's just some things people should be made to know.

How anyone can get through Schooling in the West and come out the end of it not knowing about this stuff let alone believing Jews caused the Holocaust is beyond me.  Hopefully that article is based on horse-**** data.

Addendum: There's a big brand of ice cream in Australia called Weiss. Been around here forever. Went to university with someone in the family,  and she told me that they worked really hard getting people to drop the German V sound from their brand in the 50's. Meant to be pronounced Veiss but you'll only hear 'Wees' on the TV. Had to due to due to stigma of being German following WW2.... even though the Weiss family is almost certainly Jewish. How's that for irony?

* Edited at 09.17.2020, 12:06 AM ET *

"Omnes Una Manet Nox"

Rombu
Rombu
  • Predictions:  4,509  |  73.2%
  • Forum Posts:  939
  • Post Score: 265

09.17.2020 | 6:54 AM ET

holy mountain of ****z

@brad, more holy **** to be delivered then xD

"the day these thick white clouds changed the climate on this planet forever" - Reggae Shark

Rombu
Rombu
  • Predictions:  4,509  |  73.2%
  • Forum Posts:  939
  • Post Score: 265

09.17.2020 | 7:03 AM ET

@fishrat, even in germany they do not teach you much about the 3rd Reich or the holocaust ... it is what it is man. Interested people will do their research and others won't. Any theory can be formed but not all can be backed up with "facts". Personally the shark has mixed feelings about it. In the words of a survivor " do not think of all of the jews in those concentration camps were angels nor of all the germans as evil."

"the day these thick white clouds changed the climate on this planet forever" - Reggae Shark

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  8,378  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,446
  • Post Score: 183

09.17.2020 | 10:19 AM ET

In Canada, when I entered HS they mostly talked about Canadian history in the war, certain battles, they taught us how the war started, how Hitler essentially rebuilt Germany but our Principal had a Mother who had been in a concentration camp, and she would come in and talk to us in the library about her life, but in no way were those racial subjects brought up. 

And yes, kids would make fun of him for being jewish (that's putting it lightly) and even make jokes about his Mother should have died. If I was a better person back then, I would back backhand pimp slapped them. 

I live in a small town, about 90 percent of local people are racist. Most of my friends growing up would talk about how the jews did this and that, and I was just looking at them shaking my head inside because they were brainless. 

* Edited at 09.17.2020, 10:29 AM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Gregory
Gregory

09.17.2020 | 11:15 AM ET

I can't really remember how much they taught us about the holocaust in school. I'm sure it was covered at least *a little bit*.  But I feel like in general they spent 90% of the time in history class telling us about things like Christopher Columbus and George Washington. All the kids are like, "ok whatever, all these people wearing lame tunics and coats with extra buttons hundreds of years ago, who cares"

Not nearly enough time about recent history that people need to know.

Hippie
Hippie
  • Predictions:  17,361  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,351
  • Post Score: 498

09.17.2020 | 11:19 AM ET

^  
100%  agree with Greg 
Hippie
Hippie
  • Predictions:  17,361  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,351
  • Post Score: 498

09.17.2020 | 12:34 PM ET

Speaking of insanity..
Trying to watch sports with ******* cardboard cutouts of people in the background!
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  326  |  55.8%
  • Forum Posts:  683
  • Post Score: 141

09.17.2020 | 1:57 PM ET

Well I learned WWII history in grade school, the holocaust awful but very censored was a main topic.
We went world and social studies one year switched back to mostly US history the next.
But I'm old still remember all the history books getting re written, there are racists here but no large groups im aware of.
Fairbanks is a military town so we see all cultures and races, the isolated villages are most agro to others.
The last violent race oriented crime I heard of was an old white lady canadian, beat an 11 yr black kid.
She proceeded to call the cops and try to get him arrested, the cops said good he needed a beating.
The kid was a trouble maker but adults should not touch other peoples kids, she should have been charged.     

"You can do anything all you need is will power"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

09.17.2020 | 3:34 PM ET

Interesting... We learnt the Christopher Columbus history plus black history plus native American history. Absolutely zero about ww1 or 2 or white European history.

Also interesting is the saying history is written by the victors. 

Awhile back I watched a YouTube video called Europa the final conflict or battle or something. It was a ww1 and  2 history retelling from the Germans point of view. Scary how two sides of a story can be so different. YouTube takes it down constantly which is weird. Why censor information? The kid who made it also cites many references. It's like 10 hours long. Basically as you'd expect it says the Germans were the hero's and that the Jews started the war after Hitler expelled the central banks from Germany. It's of course much more in depth then that but that's the jist of it.

Also about the war itself I find it terrifyingly fascinating. The strategies especially. If Hitler didn't turn on Russia like a fool he would've won and we'd all be speaking German right now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

09.17.2020 | 4:32 PM ET

It's very unlikely the Germans would have won WWII even if operation Barbarossa hadn't happened. Really they were done when America entered the war. It's unclear if that would have happened if pearl harbor hadn't though. By the time Stalingrad came around Hitler was literally insane, and was really only kept afloat by a ****tail of drugs which made him even more deranged. I will say that the US was not the Hero of WW2, that was Britian. It's actually amazing how long Britain fended them off. The Germans rolled the French effortlessly, to put that into perspective.

I watched a documentary a long time ago on the seven dwarves of Auschwitz.  They were a Romanian family of Jewish midgets who were travelling performers before the war and during it ended up in  Auschwitz....with Mengele, the Angel of death. The largest family of Dwarves ever recorded.

He wanted to perform hereditary experiments on them and did. One, Perla Opvitz, survived and was able to give an account of him, she died in the 2000's. Apparently he was very charming, good-looking and had a generally sunny disposition but could literally turn to ice on a dime.

Because she and her brothers were valuable for purposes of experimentation, Mengele let them have far better food and living quarters than the other prisoners. One day she was laughing and joking with him and happened to make a complaint about something, and it was like a switch flicked. He immediately went glassy, bent down and looked at her in the face and 'As long as you're in there, you're not in there'--pointing to the furnaces where they burned the bodies.  

She must have had life-long Stockholm syndrome or something like it. You can watch her here defending Mengele, and says she cried when she had found out he had died. Still, I don't think I've ever watched anything that's made me feel more like a *****. Still able to live life as normal after all that. 'Smile with the mouth, weep with the heart' in her own words.

* Edited at 09.17.2020, 4:45 PM ET *

"Omnes Una Manet Nox"

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

09.17.2020 | 4:45 PM ET

As far as the war effort goes the Germans were kicking ass before they turned on Russia they're largest ally at the time. Hitler also tried to get a truce at this time multiple times and was refused by Churchill multiple times. 

Also that fat **** is responsible for just as many innocent deaths as Hitler is. He should be tried for war crimes for stealing India's food and starving millions of people. Not to mention carpet bombing residential cities was invented and used first by the British. Disgusting fat **** in my opinion.

General George Patton in a very famous letter he wrote at the end of the German part of the war said
"We fought for the wrong side"

Hope they all burn in hell, right across the board.

Page 18

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Photo: Tyron Woodley suffers broken rib in UFC Vegas 11 loss to Colby Covington
  • MMA Weekly : Take a look at every light heavyweight champion in UFC history
  • MMA Junkie : MMA's week out of the cage: Khabib Nurmagomedov turns 32, Sage Northcutt gets engaged
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Mackenzie Dern: ‘I definitely think I’m a contender to get the belt’
  • MMA Junkie : Randy Costa on his hair, that kick, and why you don't mess with 'The Zohan'
  • MMA Junkie : Tyson Nam wants to get out of shape, then take a shot at Joseph Benavidez
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Kevin Holland details Khamzat Chimaev run-in: ‘He called me the help’
  • MMA Junkie : Johnny Walker happy to win, but not happy with performance at UFC on ESPN+ 36
  • MMA Junkie : Dusko Todorovic vs. Dequan Townsend targeted for UFC event on Oct. 3
  • MMAFighting.com : Israel Adesanya, Paulo Costa face off in Abu Dhabi, keep it respectful before UFC 253
  • MMA Junkie : Donald Cerrone recaps 'worst performance I've ever had' after majority draw with Niko Price
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC on ESPN+ 36: Colby Covington's antics, Khamzat Chimaev's hype
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Khamzat Chimaev wanted knockout to shut down constant comparisons to Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Weekly : UFC Vegas 11: Colby Covington vs. Tyron Woodley recap video
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN+ 36 rookie report: Grading the newcomers in Las Vegas
  • MMA Junkie : Tyron Woodley broke rib in TKO loss to Colby Covington at UFC on ESPN+ 36
  • MMAFighting.com : Donald Cerrone calls UFC Vegas 11 draw ‘the worst performance I’ve ever had’
  • MMA Weekly : Colby Covington: ‘I would love to fight Nick Diaz’
  • MMA Junkie : Callout Collection: Who UFC on ESPN+ 36 winners want next – and how likely they'll get them
  • MMA Weekly : Is it time for Donald Cerrone to retire, as he weathers the inner storm?