Tapology Forums

Dan Hardy was fortunate to be retired due to injury

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,142
  • Post Score: 333

03.28.2020 | 1:52 PM ET

Home not doing anything so i thought i would start a topic of interest.

First i would say, i have always enjoyed Dan Hardy's commentary on the European Cards. Think he does a great job and everyone loves to see former fighters take these roles, instead personality lacking, politically correct drones like Brendan Fitzgerald.

Continuing, Dan Hardy was UFC's Brass wet dream. Young, English, Red Mohawk, exciting striker, good personality, i think he was good looking, and the fans liked him a lot.

The issue is, i just don't think he was good enough to have lasted much longer. I do not believe he would have turned into a Donald Cerrone type fighter, which could have survived the testament of time. I think he did not have the necessary skills to make a long career in the UFC like a Jim Miller, Jeremy Stephens, Mat Brown, etc.

If it wasn't for his forced retirement due to a tragic heart condition, i believe he would have fought a few more time, lost more than he would have won. Then be released from his contract without, anyone hearing from him again. Possibly fighting in Bellator or One Fc like Roger Huerta.

So in a screwed up cosmic sort of good luck, his injury actually was the best thing to ever happen to him, giving him a long term career for the UFC with a job many fighters would dream off.

You may go back to your Self Isolation

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Responses

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,261
  • Post Score: 136

03.28.2020 | 10:10 PM ET

Yeah good but not that good

Hardy was fun but he lacked wrestlling, gorrila strength
And dangerous subs making him very limitted.
He was plenty durable just too predictable.
There are a lot worse guys still doing it.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,149  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,142
  • Post Score: 333

03.29.2020 | 11:18 AM ET

Yeah i always forget how alex caceres keeps getting fights.

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Reveals ‘Crazy’ Story Behind Getting Justin Gaethje an Extra 150k for Fighting Tony Ferguson
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Vieira claims she was offered Kayla Harrison for UFC 303: 'She has to stop running'
  • UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door
  • MMA Mania : Coach Benched Dariush To ‘Focus On His Health’
  • UFC.com : Marnic Mann Gets Down To Business
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Shocked’ By How Good Sean Strickland Truly Is: ‘He Only Shows a Small Part of His Game’
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: BKFC: Knucklemania 4 pre-fight press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves was basically retired until BKFC called for Mike Perry fight: ‘Money talks’
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Vegas 91 Early Weigh Ins!
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo ready to trade leg kicks with Jonathan Martinez at UFC 301: 'I'm a specalist at what I do'
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter cusses out judge, tells them to quit
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champion Sean O'Malley on delay for Merab Dvalishvili title bout: 'I'm not fighting out of the country'
  • MMA Mania : BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Predictions
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith stands by Alex Pereira criticism but promises he’s not just ‘talking sh*t’ about him
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • MMA Mania : Hunt Files To Unseal All Docs In UFC-Lesnar Lawsuit
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall signed with PFL for Claressa Shields rematch: 'The goal is to make a build-up'