Topic: Jon Jones

Jon Jones arrested... again

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

03.26.2020 | 12:46 PM ET

DUI, negligent use of a firearm, and open container 
https://www.koat.com/article/mma-fighter-jon-bones-jones-arrested-for-dwi/31942301

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

Jon "Bones" Jones

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Jonathan Dwight Jones
  • Pro MMA Record: 27-1-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Bones
  • Current Streak: 18 Wins
  • Last Fight: March 04, 2023 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 248.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Jackson Wink MMA
  • Height: 6'4" (194cm) | Reach: 84.5" (215cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,568,000 USD
  • Born: Rochester, New York, United States
  • Fighting out of: Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • Head Coach: Greg Jackson
  • Other Coaches: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

03.28.2020 | 2:08 PM ET

"Surprise Suprise, the King is back!" -Jon Jones to his prison cellmate.

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

03.28.2020 | 3:52 PM ET

Lol

cell mate won't have to worry unless Jon had some **** pills in his jail pocket 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

03.30.2020 | 12:10 AM ET

What gets me about this is how Jones is literally too ******* stupid to hire a driver. Not like he can't afford it. The fact that he doesn't have one makes me think he's up to some real greasy **** that he doesn't want leaking. Even someone who thinks that milkmen are men made out of milk has enough up top to calculate basic risk/reward. He's probably addicted to ass******* cheap pros or something. He's driving around in a ****box wearing a tracksuit, half a bottle of vodka down the tube around the witching hour. Yeah...

* Edited at 03.30.2020, 12:16 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 4 weeks, and 52 minutes from now.
BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,468  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

03.30.2020 | 1:10 AM ET

Fish... I've literally been asking myself that same damn question for like 3 years. Whyyyy doesn't this dumbass just not drive. Hire one of your buddies to literally take your ass anywhere you want. Annnd if it was just about a "privacy" thing because he's up to some sheisty ****, then he could just hire one of his sheisty cokehead friends instead. Either way. I still think he's a ****-king idiot that just doesn't get it. He's ******* Jon Jones. He can do as he damn well pleases. He's Jon Jones. He's allowed to run amuck when the whole damn world is on lockdown, because he's Jon Jones.... Eventually, that name is gonna be so ******* tarnished, that even his name can't get him outta trouble. That's what he's NEVER gonna understand. It's a damn shame. Could've done alotta good ******* things tooo, that's what pisses me off. The platform he has, with that many eyeballs on him, he could've done sooooo much better than what he's done. Smh... 

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.30.2020 | 1:49 AM ET

You can't trust a Junkie or anybody who is living for themselves only.  A junkie has no loyalty to anything--not even the future.They will throw you under the bus the second doing so becomes a better deal than your friendship. This is actually what destroyed the Mob; plea bargains. Sad really. Personally I am of the belief that crime will always exist, and if you're going to have it, you might as well have criminals with some semblance of class and community values. The Italian Mafia is preferable to MS-18.

Jones isn't going to split the Atom but even he's probably street enough to understand that hiring anyone with the ability to collect intel on him is a bad play. Either that or his  counsel has advised him to not hire a private driver or an associate to work for him in this capacity for precisely this reason. Dirty information is valuable. A picture or video of Jones with a street ***** is worth a lot of money, let alone a book expose ipso facto. Evidence like that is worth a fortune; either to the media, or in the form of an NDA. Not all forms of Blackmail are illegal.

Ultimately, tit's probably better to run solo when doing greasy ****. It's better to be caught DUI than to have one of your entourage or buddies turn traitor on you and sell pictures or video of you getting your **** sucked by a crack*****. You can come back from a DUI in the court of public opinion.People will forgive that. Hell, they probably don't give a **** about it. That isn't true of images and video circulating for all eternity of a crack***** going hell for leather on your pole, especially when your whole bit is  Young 'Christian guy with pitfalls of fame problems'. Can't put that back in the box. Even Jail is better than that. 

There's an old saying; at night, all cats are grey.
Was he up to some nasty, dirty **** that night? Probably. Is their proof? No. Would there be if he hired a driver or an associate to drive him around to do it? Almost certainly-- regardless of whether it got leaked, or he paid to not have it leaked or not. As it stands, what we have is footage of him failing a sobriety test, getting cuffed, and driven to watch house. Compared to the possible alternatives, and considering Athletes live or die by their public image...well, that's not all that bad.

* Edited at 03.30.2020, 2:21 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 4 weeks, and 52 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

03.30.2020 | 10:42 AM ET

You forgot the part about him crying like a little girl hahaha.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.30.2020 | 6:19 PM ET

That just makes him look even better.
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

03.31.2020 | 10:08 PM ET

You can’t trust a junkie! Period!!

I’ve been around a lot of addiction. He needs more than a change of scenery too. Unfortunately, his constant “get out of jail free” card isn’t helping anything and I fear he has a deeper whole to dig still before reaching his bottom. Such a shame. Such a talent. He’s still legend, unfortunately his tail looks like it will forever be a sad one. 

PS:  I’m not rooting for that. I hope to be wrong and he cleans himself up, even if it means he doesn’t fight again. I just don’t see that right now. I see a spoiled man child  getting away with whatever he wants. 

* Edited at 03.31.2020, 10:09 PM ET *

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

04.01.2020 | 3:50 AM ET

^ This. 

A junkie girl you're into especially will ruin you like no other force on Earth.

Besos Brujos que me matan.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

04.01.2020 | 10:47 AM ET

Oooooooooooo

* Edited at 04.01.2020, 10:50 AM ET *

BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,468  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

04.01.2020 | 12:28 PM ET

Swain is 100% right... Just going from personal experience w/ addiction, it's gonna need to take more than just changing "People, Places & Things" .... The "People, places & things" thing literally ONLY works if you're actually facing your addiction & trying to overcome it. It won't work if you just trying to run from your addiction and half-ass getting clean. You gotta be 1,000% onboard. Annnd the biggest thing when dealing with addiction to remember.... The addict WILL NOT get & stay clean, if he/she isn't doing it for themselves. You can't force them to get clean, you can't love someone into getting clean, locking them up ONLY gives them a break from addiction. They have to WANT IT themselves, & that ONLY Happens when you just get sooo ******* sick & tired of being sick and tired. Annnd ONLY then, can the addict make HUGE, LIFE ALTERING CHANGES... 

Unfortunately for Jon, he gets the whole "Rich, famous celebrity treatment" & ALWAYS gets off with literally a slap on the wrist and then a pat on the back. Everytime! And unfortunately that's ONLY gonna make **** sooooo much worse, as we've seen with Jon. Because he doesn't learn **** from his mistakes, when he gets the "Rich, famous celebrity treatment". Reeeaally, in all honesty, that treatment has ONLY allowed him to continue to ****k up. And it's destructive by nature, but nothing will change. I wish it would, just for his sake atleast

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Paid More in Taxes Than He Made From Fighting in the UFC Last Year
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 7: Jose Aldo returns to top 10
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Details Impromptu Wrestling Match with Alex Pereira, Weighs in on Potential Fight Between ‘Poatan’ and Jon Jones
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2 shifted to July 6, avoids UFC 302 conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Report: Jermall Charlo arrested for DWI after crashing car
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal-Diaz 2 Delayed To Avoid Scheduling Conflict
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington denies contract offer for Ian Machado Garry: 'This fight has not been presented'
  • MMA Mania : Sticking Around! ‘This Is The Best I’ve Felt’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Naoya Inoue taking on Gervonta Davis
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It’s only a few pounds north’: Vergil Hunter talks possibility of Inoue facing Tank
  • MMA Junkie : Saudi Arabia announces extended partnership with UFC, including pay-per-view sponsorship
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303: McGregor vs. Chandler adds undefeated prospect to lineup
  • MMA Mania : ‘What I’m Going To Do To McGregor Is Going To Warrant’ Retirement
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen makes case for Jose Aldo title shot after UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : ‘A Lot Of Jealousy,’ Sean O’Malley On What Sparked Conor McGregor’s Twitter Tantrum Towards ‘Suga’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 pre-event facts: Can Derrick Lewis extend all-time KO record?
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Paid More In Taxes Than I Made Last Year In My Fight’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dan Hardy picks Conor McGregor to beat Michael Chandler: ‘He’s got that refinement in his game’
  • Middle Easy : ‘Problem-Solving’ Cory Sandhagen Reveals One Weakness He Sees In Unbeaten Umar Nurmagomedov
  • UFC.com : Rankings Report | Week of May 6, 2024