Tapology Forums

Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

SlimyShollenberger
SlimyShollenberger
  • Predictions:  21,646  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  63
  • Post Score: -30

11.07.2011 | 11:53 AM ET

What do you think the opening lines would be on a fight between Anderson Silva and Jon Jones if Silva moved up to try and win the Light Heavyweight belt?  Also, what do you think the outcome of the fight would be?

I would call a 3rd round TKO (knee to face) by Silva.

"If you even dream of beating me, you better wake up and apologize"

Responses Page 2

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

11.09.2011 | 11:29 AM ET

Not at all. Forrest was going to lose regardless. He's slow and clumsy with his striking and presents no threat of a takedown. Did anyone actually think Griffin would win probably not. I would much rather see Silva fight Shogun, Rashad or Jones at 205 if he ever moves up again. Honestly anyone that is a great wrestler that can mix up his striking would give Silva huge problems. The only guy he's ever fought that has had that ability is Chael.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

11.09.2011 | 11:33 AM ET

Oh i misunderstood you, forgive me. I thought you were saying that Griffin was taylor made to BEAT silva, but his hand was broken. I see now that you meant that Griffin was taylor made to BE BEATEN by Silva.

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

11.09.2011 | 11:35 AM ET

And Hendo.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

p4pgoat
p4pgoat

11.09.2011 | 11:38 AM ET

Hendo could do that but he never utilizes his great wrestling ability. He's hell bent on standing with his opponet. Which is ok when fighting Bisping but not when fighting Silva. Gotta mix up the takedowns with some striking and keep Silva guessing.

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

11.09.2011 | 11:40 AM ET

yeah but....Silva won that fight with Hendo on the ground...

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

11.09.2011 | 11:40 AM ET

That's very true but I am guessing if Hendo got a rematch he would use his wrestling against Silva... And you're basically calling Griffin a terrible fighter when he is probably still a top 10 LHW.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

11.09.2011 | 11:42 AM ET

I didn't see him say Forrest is a terrible fighter...he just said Forrest's style is taylor-made for Anderson Silva's

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

p4pgoat
p4pgoat

11.09.2011 | 11:45 AM ET

I would hope Hendo would be smart enough to fix the mistakes he made in the first fight. Forrest is a over achiever. He's not really that good in any specific area. His jui jitsu is underated a bit but he basically fights off will and heart. He can take a beating and deliver one as well sometimes but I think things are starting to catch up to him.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,350  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

11.09.2011 | 11:03 PM ET

Jones still has alot of challenges ahead of him. He has Shogun who personally in a rematch I think could beat Jones. Then theres Rashad who I think knows Jones like the back of his hand and would beat him. Dan Henderson would also have a huge chance at beating Jones if they fought. I am also happy to say I will see Machida/Jones live in T.O this fight is interesting for the simple fact Machida has that elusive style. I wanna see how Jones handles that. Also the darkhorse in the division ... Phil Davis, say what you will but he is a future champ.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

JavG
JavG
  • Predictions:  114  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 207

11.09.2011 | 11:11 PM ET

silvas striking is way better then jones, but if jones can take-down Silva then i see jones winning by ko/tko

i would be rooting for silva in this fight

* Edited at 11.09.2011, 11:12 PM ET *

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

11.10.2011 | 12:12 AM ET

I think Jones' reach would be way to much for Anderson to handle.

He likes to jab alot and Jones would be smart enough to stay at of Silva's range. Jones could take Silva down at almost anytime he wanted to and with those elbows Jones has he would be able to get the fight stopped farily quickly, and also Jones would have a pretty big strength advantage.

So i really don't see Silva winning this fight if it ever does happen.

"Is reality really realistic?"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida