Topic: Regulation, USADA, & PEDs

Slams

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Mitch7
Mitch7
  • Predictions:  78,740  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  43
  • Post Score: 37

05.16.2019 | 6:24 PM ET

In most other contact sports the slam used by Jessica Andrade to stop Rose this last weekend is outlawed and rightly so,if that move was used in the NFL,aussie rules football,rugby union or rugby league the player would be sent off,fined and banned and rightly so.When the UFC began many years ago it was advertised as no holds barred fighting but even then there was what seemed to be some unwritten rules,for example there were to my knowledge no fights stopped due to groin strikes or headbuts etc though it was legal to do so.All the moves in MMA can be practised and perfected with training partners,but not many people would volunteer to get slammed on their head and spine as happened in this contest.Though bad there is always a way back after breaking arms, legs ,hands and feet,the injury that would be caused by this sort of slam there is not,also bear in mind the weight class,these were ladies straw weights,the power generated by the heavier men is crazy high.It caught my attention the speed at which the doctor got to Rose and thank God she was ok,it could have been much worse.

Responses Page 2

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,786  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,398
  • Post Score: 305

05.17.2019 | 7:34 PM ET

even dc said it was roses fault for not letting go of the arm. if she had let the arm go she would have rolled through and landed on her back. and dc is in love with rose. he said this right after the fight was over.

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

05.18.2019 | 7:38 AM ET

I am Super Star - Betch Cohaya

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville announced with 13 fights already booked for the card
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo hopes Conor McGregor 'of old' shows up vs. Michael Chandler at UFC 303
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC lightweight Paddy Pimblett announces arrival of twin baby girls
  • MMA Mania : Copycat! Satoshi Mimicked Oliveira To Score Stellar Finish
  • MMA Junkie : Ariane Lipski plots her 'best performance ever' against Karine Silva at UFC on ESPN 55