Tapology Forums

Dustin hazelett just got cut from the ufc.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

12.22.2010 | 9:48 AM ET

I'm gonna miss his submissions.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Responses

Goose
Goose
  • Predictions:  54  |  53.7%
  • Forum Posts:  51
  • Post Score: 41

12.22.2010 | 10:26 AM ET

It's shame, he was a reliable fighter in past. I think he'll be back though, it doesn't look as if he's back to normal after so long out so a few more fights should sort that out.

Could Strikeforce be an open door?

"Be Good, Get Good or Get the Hell Out. "

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

12.22.2010 | 10:29 AM ET

It's not an undeserved cut; Hazelett wasn't cutting it in the UFC. He wasn't even competing with the last three guys he faced. It's a shame because it seems like it was a completely mental lapse that lead to his current losing streak, as he has obviously displayed in the past that he's one of the most gifted submission artists in the promotion if he's having an "on" night.

As for the prospects of him going to Strikeforce, I wouldn't count on it. I don't think Strikeforce wants to get into the habit of scooping up UFC cast-offs. They may not be directly trying to compete with the UFC head-on, but they are the second-largest MMA promotion in the world, and it doesn't do much to help their cause among casual fans to constantly sign the UFC's scraps to contracts.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

12.22.2010 | 10:31 AM ET

He could certainly thrive in Strikeforce.  The problem with Strikeforce is the UFC kinda looks on it as a betrayal if a guy goes there.  So fighters who think they are only a couple wins away from getting re-signed with the UFC (Jardine, guys like that) don't like to head to Strikeforce because it pisses Dana off.

Dustin might rather fight regionally for a few shows and try to climb back in the UFC than risk getting blackballed by fighting in Strikeforce.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

12.22.2010 | 7:38 PM ET

I would be more shocked if he wasn't cut. He needs to close up some massive holes in his game.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Face Off! Cannonier Stares Down Imavov In Louisville!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘It could be a good idea’: Arum reacts to notion of Top Rank vs Golden Boy card
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor releases bevy of training footage amid UFC 303 speculation
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville weigh-in results: Eduarda Moura misses weight for second straight fight
  • Middle Easy : Former U.S. President Donald Trump Hails Khabib Nurmagomedov as the ‘Greatest Fighter of All Time’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 weigh-in results: One heavy, but headliners Cannonier and Imavov on point
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson rescheduled for Nov. 15
  • MMA Mania : Paul Vs. Tyson Gets New Date For Netflix Boxing Match
  • Bad Left Hook : Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson now set for November 15
  • Middle Easy : Violent Brawl Breaks Out During Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Press Event, Diaz Reacts to the Chaos
  • MMA Mania : Reyes Vs. Jacoby Betting Odds, Prediction
  • MMAFighting.com : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson boxing match gets new date
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 video: Jared Cannonier, Nassourdine Imavov make weight in Louisville
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville weigh-in video
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Set To Bank $6 Million From UFC Antitrust Settlement
  • MMA Mania : Mac Set To Bank $6 Mil From UFC Antitrust Settlement
  • MMA Junkie : Valerie Loureda, aka WWE's Lola Vice, explains admiration for fellow crossover stars Ronda Rousey, Shayna Baszler
  • MMA Mania : Live! UFC Louisville Early Weigh Ins Results!
  • Bad Left Hook : Broner vs Cobbs: Live updates and results, 6 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Drops ‘New’ Training Footage