Tapology Forums

Conor McGregor Arrested for Strong Arm Robbery

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

03.11.2019 | 8:01 PM ET

Oh crap...

Link

Former UFC two-division champion Conor McGregor has been arrested in Miami Beach on charges of strong-arm robbery and criminal mischief.

McGregor was booked into the Miami-Dade County Jail tonight, according to the jail’s website, after an incident that allegedly took place early in the day outside the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel, according to a report in the Miami Herald.

According to the report, McGregor allegedly took the phone from a a man taking photos of him outside the hotel and smashed it.

According to Miami-Dade County Jail’s website, McGregor’s charges of strong-arm robbery and criminal mischief of $1,000 or more came with bonds of $7,500 and $5,000, respectively.

This latest mishap is part of what is growing to be a pattern of legal woes for McGregor.

His most significant incident came in April when he infamously attacked a bus with UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov and several other fighters inside. He threw a dolly through the window of the bus, which caused several people to be hurt and McGregor to be arrested.

McGregor just recently completed community service at churches to clear the bus attack charges, but just days later, he finds himself in hot water again.

Stay tuned for more on this story as it develops.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many more criminal offenses is this ******* ****** going to commit before he loses his visa?  Like Jesus Christ man.  The fact that the UFC can't keep him under control shows that he is more hassle than he is worth and they should bite the bullet and cut his ass.  Anyways, thoughts?

"..."

Responses Page 2

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

03.14.2019 | 4:51 PM ET

@fish @hornet stop being jealous little *******. What would u do in that situation? 
Don't bother answering.  You'd do fooking nothing!
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

03.14.2019 | 6:14 PM ET

lol pull your tongue out of Mcgilligity's ass free. Ask yourself; does this help, or hurt his chances of him fighting again soon? This is something I just can't understand about Contards; I don't think you people want him to fight again. Nobody who did would be anything other than critical of him doing things that keep him from fighting.

You're all so in love with him that you're not able to handle seeing him lose. And why is that? Because he's your romanticized hero, living out the dream that none of you will ever achieve, which is having boatloads of cash, treating everyone like ****, and there being meager or no consequences at all to doing this. As long as he avoids serious penalty, and is rewarded for being a prima donna, the fantasy is legitimized.

The more he fights, the greater the probability that he loses, and becomes yesterday's news, which is typically the case with prize fighters--and the more difficult it becomes for you people to justify his status as a fighter, and his delinquency.
Rather than risk that, you all would rather keep him in the china cabinet-- keep pimping out the fact that he KO'ed Aldo in 13 seconds and beat Alvarez for the LW title.And if that means rationalizing the triggered ape, then so be it.

The illusion of greatness can only be maintained so long as he doesn't rack up losses. Hence, whenever he does some stupid ****, like smashing a fan's phone or a bus window, you're immediately rushing in to defend him like he's your younger sister's chastity and downplaying the severity of his actions. If it had been Jones who smashed a fan's phone, you sycophantic wannabes would be all over this **** like ****roaches.Conor Mcgregor smashes a bus window and ****s up a fighter's eye forcing him to pull from a fight, it's fine. Jones folds a napkin incorrectly and you have an apoplexy. Sad.

It's just pathetic, really. I've never been, and cannot even imagine being, so besotted with a fighter, or any celebrity, that I'd rather them not fight than have to watch them get beaten.

* Edited at 03.14.2019, 6:28 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 2 days, 7 hours, and 55 minutes from now.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet

03.14.2019 | 9:35 PM ET

@freemoney

If I was the person who had their property destroyed?  I would press charges and also take McGregor to civil court and get my pound of flesh.

* Edited at 03.14.2019, 9:36 PM ET *

"..."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

03.14.2019 | 9:39 PM ET

your phone isn't your property. Its a phone. This planet needs another mass-extinction. You new breed of gentiles are absolutely pathetic. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 21 hours, and 10 minutes from now.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet

03.14.2019 | 9:53 PM ET

@Bruce

"sOmeThInG yOU paY mOnEY fOR Isn'T YoUR pROPeRTy"

"..."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

03.14.2019 | 9:56 PM ET

Did you just use paper as a means of value then call me ********? 

Here's a hint silly boy, YoU OwN NotHinG 

* Edited at 03.14.2019, 9:57 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 21 hours, and 10 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.14.2019 | 9:58 PM ET

Gentiles? Oy vey. i didn't know you were Jewish bruce!

Anyway yes, bring on the mass extinction--but for other reasons.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 2 days, 7 hours, and 55 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

03.14.2019 | 10:02 PM ET

You definitely wouldn't make it @Fish :) all i'd need to beat you is an Emu. 

* Edited at 03.14.2019, 10:06 PM ET *

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.14.2019 | 10:09 PM ET

Depends I suppose. Is this theorized armageddon brought about by a plague of Emus? If so then yeah, we're ******.

Actually I watched a thing about how the koories used to hunt them the other day. There's a plant native to the areas they live called an Emu bush. It contains a fatally toxic chemical that is soluble in water, which lasts in a water source for about 48 hours. So basically, they'd poison the water holes with this stuff, wait for an Emu to take a drink and just track it for a few minutes until it dropped dead.

Unfortunately, the Emu bush is toxic to humans, too. no problem. To alert other aboriginals that the water hole had been poisoned, they'd simply leave a marker--some branches of the Emu bush held down with stones, next to the pool. that way, any other people who came along knew it had been poisoned, and could tell how long ago by the state of decay of the branches, thus knowing whether or not the water was safe to drink.

Not bad, eh?
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

03.14.2019 | 10:14 PM ET

Not bad! 

My ancestors eradicated almost half the population with nothing more than a strong immune-system! 
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

03.15.2019 | 2:42 PM ET

@fish conor only changed the sport forever. Nobody got paid millions to fight before. The only other fighters getting millions are his opponents. U think nate or khabib will make that money with a fight against anyone else. No they won't. The guy changed the entire sport. Guy changed his own life. Guy changed the lives of all fighters. That is greatness whether you choose to admit it or not.

The bus incident was ******** but clearly set up. Ufc staff directs him which way to go when he gets lost. Ufc staff made sure khabib's team was not there. And dana whites immediate interview afterwards is the worst acting job ever.

The point is that guy should be happy it was his phone getting stomped instead of his head.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

03.15.2019 | 2:49 PM ET

@green yeah I know u would. Your like the guy who did it. Antagonize someone then hide behind the law. Just like a worm. Man up boy. Don't do the crime if u can't handle the time. Don't shove your phone in someones face if u don't want it broken. Don't talk **** if u dont wanna get slapped.  No?
Better yet don't answer just post one of those awesome pictures your ******** children draw again. U know the same ones you've been posting for a year now....
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

03.15.2019 | 2:52 PM ET

Sad day for mma tony Ferguson has apparently lost his mind. He threatened his wife and kid he dismantled his fireplace he said someone put a microchip in his leg and people are living in the walls of his house. Sad day for mma. He is the new mayhem miller. Looks like we're never gonna c him fight again.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet

03.15.2019 | 4:48 PM ET

@freemoney

"You'Re a wOrM fOr WanTINg tO oBey ThE LAw!"

The autism of your post is outstanding and not worthy of a rebuttal besides: you are a ******* moron. 

"..."

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

03.15.2019 | 4:55 PM ET

Not worthy of a rebuttal yet u still posted one. So which of us is ********? 
****** idiot!
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.15.2019 | 6:37 PM ET

@Free conor didn't change the sport forever. That's just hype. The UFC is exactly the same as it was before he entered it; fighters get between 10-15% of gross profits returned to them. A rising tide only lifts all boats that are moored in othe bay in which the tide is rising. 

The idea that because Mcgregor became immensely popular has translated into all UFC fighters is a fallacy. A childish, profane fallacy. And the reason for that is simple; the big money comes from maining, and PPV points. Only a select number of fighters ever find themselves on a Mcgregor card, and fewer still get a slice of the PPV pie. McGregor's opponents and a few of the bigger names on cards he has headlined benefit from his stardom, but that's only a very small portion of the talent pool. And before we had Mcgregor, we had Rousey.

It's not like he broke the mold. In fact I would argue that Rousey, despite the fact I think she was a considerably worse hype job than Mcgregor ever was or will be, should get more props for bringing attention to MMA, because she did that as an WMMA fighter, and virtually nobody gives a **** about WMMA. It has historically gotten about the same level of interest as flyweight.

If conor changed MMA in any way, it was by making it more of a spectacle and less of a sport. He set the precedent for being  given rematches and title shots that were not earned meretriciously, but rather owing to popularity. Put simply. he brought hype money bouts into MMA. And personally, as a fan, I have no interest in such things. It's half the reason I stopped watching boxing. 

This idea that you need smash bus windows and insult everybody and every thing is stupid. A great fight will sell on the merits of its quality alonw. Look at Mayweather vs Pacquiao, or Canelo VS GGG.

You need to get over this idea that he changed the game, somehow, because he didn't. He changed his own life, and the lives of a few other fighters who through sheer dumb luck wound up fighting him, such as Diaz. He has done absolutely NOTHING to change the paychecks of MMA fighters generally. He has never campaigned for the Ali act to be applied to MMA, for example. He doesn't care about the sporting aspect of MMA, and nor does he care about the rates of pay for MMA fighters. He cares about himself.

And that's fine. Just don't try and sell me a line that he's Robin hood, a revolutionary, or even a particularly great fighter, because he is none of those things. He's a low-minded plumber with a left cross who hit the cultural lottery. He's not a marketing genius any more than Kim Kardashian is a marketing genius.

* Edited at 03.15.2019, 6:39 PM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

03.15.2019 | 9:40 PM ET

@fish ufc overall profits are up in the conor era. So that 15% is larger so all the fighters benefit. 
Conor destroyed rousey's records for ppv sales. Rousey is not conor. Theirs only one conor mac.
Conor broke the ceiling on what an mma fighter can get paid. That benefits all fighters.
u say it's not like he broke the mold but that's exactly what he did.

Your next point I can't argue. He has made it a spectacle but, He clearly cares about the sporting act of mma since he's rich as **** two times over and he's still fighting.

I 've heard many talk about aldo as the goat and conor slept him in ten seconds.  Nobody ever did that to aldo not before or since. He picked dirty little Eddie the cheater apart. He overcame adversity against nate and he was fighting a larger guy. And correct me if I'm wrong but he won an interim belt when he ko'd Mendez. 
Three belts! The guy is not only great he is the greatest so far.

And u gotta take the good with the bad. Tyson was a mess, holyfield was a mess banging *****s and having fifty bastards. Tyson fury beat klitchko and decided he wants to booze it up ***** it up and eat everything in sight. Mayweather is a ****en disaster. Jon jones running down pregnant women. Not to mention he's never been caught cheating with steroids. not even a picogram.

Give the man some credit. 1st double champ and ever since every turkey with a belt wants to do what conor mac did. And every fighter wants to get paid what conor mac gets paid. Even khabib trying to copy conor and get that money mayweather fight speaking of which thats yet another thing conor did that no one has or ever will do again. Record of 0-0 and switches sports and faces the undisputed undefeated goat of boxing. C'mon who u guys kidding.

@hornet sorry buddy I didn't mean it. Especially if your kids did draw those. I just don't like when a good debate turns into a name calling match. That must sound crazy coming from me I know. Either way sorry bud no reason to get personal. Srry
GreenHornet
GreenHornet

03.15.2019 | 11:07 PM ET

@freemoney

Take your backhanded apology and blow it out your ass. You couldn't hurt a g**** without doing damage to your hands. I wasn't the one pretending to be a fake internet bad ass, puffing out my chest out from behind the computer screen. I wasn't the one talking about my power fantasy and how I would beat the crap out of anyone for merely looking at me the wrong way. You were. And that's despite the reality that you're so soy that you would cower in fear if you had to get into a fight with someone like a Conor McGregor in real life, because you know you would get your head caved in.  Because here's the thing Mr. Low T, I don't try to pretend to be something I'm not, unlike many of the new autistic knobs like who have joined here in the past couple of years.  So don't play that ******** game with me.

"..."

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

03.16.2019 | 1:02 PM ET

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

03.16.2019 | 4:14 PM ET

*** r u talking about hornet. Only a fool would not be afraid to fight conor on the street. If your refering to talking **** on the internet that doesnt make someone tuff. I've never tried to be a tough guy buddy I never look for trouble but I'll always face it head on. I just get annoyed and resort to violence quickly because in battle all the words and **** talk fall away and all thats left is a pure moment of action. Your the one who resorts to name calling any time someone has a different opinion. And your the one who holds grudges against people u don't even know on the internet. Not I hornet u. My apologie was genuine and it still stands u just can't handle it cause your the kind of twerp who does what he's told his whole life and never stands up for himself that's why when u get time to go on tapology for instance you spread as much misery and insults as you can cause it makes u feel better about your ****** life of servitude.  Grow up hornet. I bet you treat your family like **** too cause a guy like u takes it like a ***** and then takes out his frustration on the ones who love him cause u know they wont do nothing. Your a weak little man green. but I wont hold it against u.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 4
  • Bad Left Hook : Tellez vs Jackson: Live discussion, 8 pm ET
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Is Just Getting Started Following His Epic BMF Title Win at UFC 300: ‘I’m a Young Man’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Islam Makhachev of 'sniper' Leon Edwards: 'Be careful what you wish for'
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video, photo gallery
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Declan Moody vs Anton Minenko
  • MMA Mania : Face Off! Nicolau Stares Down Perez At APEX!
  • UFC.com : UFC 5 Brings Gamers Closer To The Action Than Ever
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in results: 2 fighters miss weight
  • MMA Junkie : NAC withholds earnings from two UFC 300 winners; hearings scheduled
  • Middle Easy : Kayla Harrison Turned Down a Clash with Ketlen Vieira at UFC 303: ‘Stop Running and Sign the Contract’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results: Two fighters heavy – including 2.5-pound miss
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results and live video stream
  • Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Reveals ‘Crazy’ Story Behind Getting Justin Gaethje an Extra 150k for Fighting Tony Ferguson
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 video: Matheus Nicolau, Alex Perez make weight in Las Vegas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in video live now
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Vieira claims she was offered Kayla Harrison for UFC 303: 'She has to stop running'
  • UFC.com : Karine Silva Is All-Business, All-Action
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau vs. Alex Perez prediction, pick: Which flyweight stays in contention at UFC on ESPN 55?
  • UFC.com : Jonathan Pearce: Knocking On The Door