Ajax loader

Tapology Forums

Conor McGregor Arrested for Strong Arm Robbery

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  39,373  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,011
  • Post Score: 177

03.11.2019 | 8:01 PM ET

Oh crap...

Link

Former UFC two-division champion Conor McGregor has been arrested in Miami Beach on charges of strong-arm robbery and criminal mischief.

McGregor was booked into the Miami-Dade County Jail tonight, according to the jail’s website, after an incident that allegedly took place early in the day outside the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel, according to a report in the Miami Herald.

According to the report, McGregor allegedly took the phone from a a man taking photos of him outside the hotel and smashed it.

According to Miami-Dade County Jail’s website, McGregor’s charges of strong-arm robbery and criminal mischief of $1,000 or more came with bonds of $7,500 and $5,000, respectively.

This latest mishap is part of what is growing to be a pattern of legal woes for McGregor.

His most significant incident came in April when he infamously attacked a bus with UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov and several other fighters inside. He threw a dolly through the window of the bus, which caused several people to be hurt and McGregor to be arrested.

McGregor just recently completed community service at churches to clear the bus attack charges, but just days later, he finds himself in hot water again.

Stay tuned for more on this story as it develops.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many more criminal offenses is this ******* ****** going to commit before he loses his visa?  Like Jesus Christ man.  The fact that the UFC can't keep him under control shows that he is more hassle than he is worth and they should bite the bullet and cut his ass.  Anyways, thoughts?

"Islamaphobia: a word created by Fascists and used by cowards to manipulate morons." - Christopher Hitchens

Responses

nordo
nordo
  • Predictions:  8,345  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  91
  • Post Score: 20

03.11.2019 | 8:09 PM ET

Lol Conor haters be crazy. How many more? It's two arrests. Chill. 

"too slwo"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  3,738  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,511
  • Post Score: 108

03.11.2019 | 8:48 PM ET

Interesting. The immediate question I have is what exactly was Conor doing that was so reprehensible  that it caused him to smash the phone and walk off with the remains of it? He's not an imbecile. He knew the consequences of what he did. I wonder what footage it was he was destroying that was more damaging than another felony charge, especially considering he's already undergoing litigation and this is a really, really bad look. I'd be surprised if he's not still on probation in some jurisdiction, somewhere. 

In any case, he doesn't have any belts, his star power is on the decline and if he isn't careful he'll become the next Mayhem Miller. Best thing for him right now is to take a fight with anyone in the top 3 @ LW. That might not be an option if he's violated probation.

* Edited at 03.11.2019, 9:41 PM ET *

"'John Jones will never headline a UFC event ever again"--Dana white 2016."

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  9,022  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  402
  • Post Score: 161

03.12.2019 | 12:51 AM ET

Up at 5:00am celebrating his moms bday....hmmm seems legit 
GreenHornet
GreenHornet

03.12.2019 | 7:50 AM ET

@norda

"iTs oNLy tWo ArResTS."

* Edited at 03.12.2019, 1:00 PM ET *

"Islamaphobia: a word created by Fascists and used by cowards to manipulate morons." - Christopher Hitchens

Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  2,103  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,046
  • Post Score: 68

03.12.2019 | 9:13 AM ET

If someone starts filming me and don't stop if I tell him I would do the same... Stupid cops should have arrested the guy that film for not respecting private life. I don't like McGregor but on this one I can't blame him.

"Don't live in the fear, live in the moment!"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.12.2019 | 5:11 PM ET

UFC will probably give him a title shot with such a dominant finish over that phone.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

03.13.2019 | 1:44 AM ET

@fishrat

Zulizani
Zulizani
  • Predictions:  1,075  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  306
  • Post Score: 141

03.13.2019 | 3:51 AM ET

Conor's relevance is inversely proportional to the length of time since his last win. It's simple geometry. 

"Keep your chin up"

nordo
nordo

03.13.2019 | 10:11 AM ET

@GreenHornet

Well now that it's come out that the guy who was filming is a Khabib fan, how do you feel now?

"too slwo"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

03.13.2019 | 6:05 PM ET

@nordo

"ThE gUY wAs a kHaBIb fAn, sO thE aSSauLt'S OkAY gUys!"

I don't care who the guy is a fan of, the idea that Conor can just go up and assault someone out of the blue and get away with it is beyond ********.  And if you think it's justified because of that, then you are a ******* ****** too who shouldn't be allowed to breed.

* Edited at 03.13.2019, 6:07 PM ET *

nordo
nordo

03.13.2019 | 9:29 PM ET

It was not "out of the blue" as you say. There is a high chance of there being adequate provocation. But go off

"too slwo"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.13.2019 | 9:35 PM ET

@ Nordo did you have a wet dream last night about conor KO'ing a velociraptor via  first round spinning bird kick by any chance?

Give it a rest. He's an entitled rich ******* who does ****** things because he's told himself he's the fighting white Tupac Shaukur for so long he now actually believes it. He's a walking cliche'. Defending him over things like this just make you sound like you're aching in your ovaries to chug of a big hot mug of his warm ginger goo. You sound like a white trash Appalachian welfare Dependant with a   smeared-ink butterfly tramp stamp who sends money orders to some charlatan  TV evangelist with a Conway twitty hairdo while her six kids eat expired cheerios and powdered milk donated by the local church for dinner seven nights a week. It's OK be a fan of him in the octagon, and critical of him outside of it. Idolatry, by contrast, is pathetic.

And the rule of Law applies to everyone. I don't care if whoever owned the phone was shoving it in Conor's face, and it was replaying him tapping to Khabib's neck crank on a loop--you have to conduct yourself professionally as a pro fighter. End of. Nobody is exempt from personal responsibility, and no class of people are less exempt from it than moneyed celebrities.

* Edited at 03.13.2019, 10:27 PM ET *

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

03.14.2019 | 12:30 AM ET

Watch out boyos, we got a real ******* clairvoyant here in @nardo.  This ************ can see **** from thousands of miles away and know about the context of incidents that there isn't even a tape of.  So you know he's right. :^)

SMFH.  Get the **** out of here with that clown ****.  You know about as much as we know with regards to why Conor attacked the guy. And that's jack squat.  And regardless of the context, McGregor should know by now that people are done looking the other way as he acts like a coke head maniac and chimps out to anyone that doesn't kiss his feet at the snap of his fingers. He either needs to get his **** together and start acting like an adult or continue to be a **** up until he loses his ability to come into the United States.

* Edited at 03.14.2019, 12:32 AM ET *

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  1,673  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,324
  • Post Score: 79

03.14.2019 | 4:18 AM ET

I don't know. .. 
Somebody gets in my personal space and shoves a phone in my face and keeps recording after I ask them not too......  
I might've broken the guys face right after his phone. You can't go around acting like a thug but u can't do whatever u want filming people who don't wanna be filmed just because u plan on hiding behind the law when **** gets real either... 

"what's a quote? "

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  1,673  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,324
  • Post Score: 79

03.14.2019 | 4:21 AM ET

Also the victim claims somebody else got the whole incident on camera and that their gonna release it soon.
I don't know if he's for real or if it's just a ploy to cash in a free payday. 
I'd love to c the incident in its entirety. 

"what's a quote? "

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

03.14.2019 | 6:28 AM ET

Contards are out in force lol.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

03.14.2019 | 11:31 AM ET

@fishrat

Did you expect anything less?

pie2munch
pie2munch

03.14.2019 | 11:33 AM ET

pie2munch
pie2munch

03.14.2019 | 11:35 AM ET

9-9

Conor deducted a point for stomping the downed cell phone
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  64,460  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3,966
  • Post Score: 12

03.14.2019 | 3:37 PM ET

where da fuq is the homie Drake when you need him!?!?

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my Glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Stephen Thompson wants hometown showdown with Robbie Lawler after UFC Nashville
  • MMA Weekly : Bellator 218: Johnny Eblen believes he has more tools than Chauncey Foxworth
  • MMAFighting.com : Jack Grant vs. Jai Herbert set for vacant title clash at Cage Warriors 106
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Nashville: Justin Willis' goal is to win title at heavyweight, then super heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : How Dana White gave Maycee Barber best start to UFC Nashville fight week
  • MMAFighting.com : Pedro Munhoz facing discipline in Nevada for UFC 235 cage celebration
  • UFC.com : Jesus Pinedo Wants To Show His True Level
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Nashville's Curtis Blaydes explains why he indulges negative fans on social media
  • MMA Weekly : Curtis Blaydes: ‘I expect to be fighting for the belt this year’
  • UFC.com : Aussie & Fancy Breakdown: Nashville Edition
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator 218: Norbert Novenyi out to prove he's more than just a good pedigree
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator 218: Johnny Eblen wants to be next big alum to come out of Missouri wrestling program
  • MMAFighting.com : Pedro Munhoz calls for title fight over Cejudo: ‘Literally have two guys from the same division fight’
  • MMA Junkie : No longer in Rose Namajunas' division, UFC Nashville's J.J. Aldrich can finally express title hopes
  • MMA Junkie : DAZN doubles price of monthly subscriptions, lowers annual cost
  • MMAFighting.com : Maycee Barber discusses UFC Nashville, praise from Dana White, Mackenzie Dern’s pregnancy, more
  • MMA Weekly : Anthony Pettis: A win puts me right in line for a title
  • MMAFighting.com : Curtis Blaydes says Justin Willis wants to be next Colby Covington with his trash talk
  • MMA Weekly : Stephen Thompson: ‘I expect some straight-up ninja stuff’ from Anthony Pettis
  • MMAFighting.com : Stephen Thompson expecting ‘straight up ninja stuff’ from Anthony Pettis at UFC Nashville