Tapology Forums

George st. Pierre officially retired

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

02.21.2019 | 12:55 PM ET

St.Pierre announces his official retirement today in a montreal press conference. I just seen it on the news.

Responses Page 2

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

02.21.2019 | 8:51 PM ET

Cucky Cuckington will ________ entire division. Going to the Whitehouse as a lowly cage brawler is impressive. but did Obama put his arm around you ? no ? doesnt count

* Edited at 02.21.2019, 8:54 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

pie2munch
pie2munch
  • Predictions:  16,769  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,619
  • Post Score: 279

02.21.2019 | 9:06 PM ET

woodley lost to a washed up marquart, shields(who GSP beat) and Rory, gsp's protege

Sorry
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

02.21.2019 | 9:14 PM ET

pie2mumch take your unlubricated MMA math and drive it up your bracket you silly ****.
GSP got ten shades of **** beaten out of him by Hendricks. Worst title fight robbery in the history of MMA.

B-b-b-b-ut MMA uhs scored bah rounds bruu!

* Edited at 02.21.2019, 9:14 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 2 days, 19 hours, and 19 minutes from now.
pie2munch
pie2munch

02.21.2019 | 10:15 PM ET

Hendrick lost that fight check the stats and rewatch it,  some people mark up worse than others(see fedor)
Also head strikes tend to leave worse marks than body shots

Also Hendricks was a roided, IV hydrated freak and still lost.

Once USADA stepped in, Hendricks was nothing without the punching power.

GSP is the GOAT

I dont need MMA math to show it, his records, MMA comunnity, MMA writers will support the argument

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/7ff036c99621eb1c
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

02.21.2019 | 11:37 PM ET

Not only is GSP not the GOAT, but virtually nobody anywhere scored the Hendricks fight for GSP. And I doubt there's 10 people on this forum who consider GSP the GOAT. The best case you can make for him being GOAT of anything other than cherry-picking fights and fleeing from people who he knew would beat him is that he's the GOAT WW. And if that's true, then that's a very, vcery sad indictment of the division. Because he was the most boring, inactive unexciting Champion the UFC has ever known. Even Woodley is more exciting. At least he can finish fights. Anderson Silva is higher on the GOAT list than GSP.

To wit:

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/4707/Georges-St-Pierre-vs-Johny-Hendricks

Not only did nobody think GSP won that fight, not even you think he won the fight. You like to pretend that he did in order to legitimate his win streak, but in reality, he got beaten up. Horribly.

Hendricks has never tested posited. GSP has displayed as many, actually considerably more signs of being a juicer. And I suspect they both were.

Those stats you linked are just compubox-esque ********. Nobody gives them any credence. GSP hit Hendricks with nothing meaningful the entire fight and ate huge bombs. The photographs of both fighters post-fight tell the real story of who beat up who.

In two years time, GSP will be forgotten.Nobody will talk about him, unless it is to point out how his record at WW has been exceeded. You see, GSP was never a real warrior. Real warriors don't turn tail and hide when they are met with a worthy adversary. 

They go out on their shields.That's something GSP was never willing to do. Which, again, is why he *****ed out of fighting whittaker and Woodley. He wanted the glory of being a two division champion, but he didn't want to have to jump the hurdle to achieve that greatness. And that's why Fedor is higher on the GOAT table; he always turned up to fight, and never *****ed out of a fight with anyone.

Nobody considers his victory over Bisping the same as Mcgregor's over Alvarez, or Nunes' over Justino's. Or even Cejudo's win over TJ. Those fights mattered. The Bisping fight was a farce.And I think you know that.

It was Just an ego trip, and nothing more. The UFC should never have pandered to it. It meant nothing to anyone, because the outcome was a forgone conclusion. He used his fame to buy his way into a fight had neither earned, nor deserved. And he did it as the expense of every other fighter who who did.

And leading up to the that fight, he had the gall to talk about how he was doing it to 'challenge' himself, LMAO! The insincerity and hypocrisy in that **** was breathtaking. He took the easy fight with the highest reward he could.And he did it because he wanted to remain relevant, because he's a tiny-brained, mentally weak neurotic man who is so self-deluded that he believes he was abducted by aliens who just wanted to finger him because he's GSP. End of.

That's really what people will remember about georgy boy; that he's a nutty crank *************. He will never be loved and respected the way someone like Fedor is.

Not the GOAT.
Just a greaseball. Figuratively, and literally.

* Edited at 02.21.2019, 11:56 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 2 days, 19 hours, and 19 minutes from now.
tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  52,305  |  75.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,339
  • Post Score: 168

02.21.2019 | 11:56 PM ET

Johny Hendricks should've gotten the decision in that fight.
BradThom717
BradThom717
  • Predictions:  9,442  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,387
  • Post Score: 271

02.21.2019 | 11:57 PM ET

I hafta agree with @Fish here... I dnt see GSP as the #1 GOAT.... I'd hafta think about it, but I'd maybe, MAYBE put him #6 or #7. I know I'm gonna catch some slack on that, but I can think of atleast 5-6 guys/girls I'd put ahead of him right now. Annnd lemme tell ya, my memory is absolute ****, if I actually thought about it, GSP could very well fall lower than that #6 - #7

"**** Fentanyl & **** Opiates too..."

pie2munch
pie2munch

02.22.2019 | 12:25 AM ET

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

02.22.2019 | 1:18 AM ET

You sound like you've got nothing.

And the fact that DJ is ranked 7th should probably tell you all you need to know about the validity of that ranking order. Ever see GSP hit a flying armbar? Trick question. Obviously all you ever saw him do was jab, kick, jab, kick, shoot, hump, hump,hump,hump. George 'Hump' St Pierre. I wouldn't have minded if he actually tried to attack a submission or do some damage from the top, but basically all you ever got was this:

pie2munch
pie2munch

02.22.2019 | 1:42 AM ET

You brought up “people here at tapology don’t have him as #1 and I point it out. Sounds like I got something and it was using your statement.

I can just see that gsp probably beat one of your favourite fighters and you got your panties in a bunch,

You can go to many sites that have him as goat.

Sorry you have so much hate for a great ambassador of the sport. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

02.22.2019 | 1:49 AM ET

The only reason that GSP is ranked no.1 is because site traffic has declined massively. Peak memberships and peak submissions will probably never be reached again, let alone exceeded. GSP was in his heyday when the bulk of inputs were submitted, and so was Tapology. It's a methodological failure in Tap's system. Jon Jones will probably win his next twenty ******* title defenses and STILL be ranked lower than GSP for this reason. It's a broken system that needs updating.

If the submissions were wiped, and we started from zero, there is no way on God's green Earth that GSP would be ranked 1. The majority of the people who have contributed to the rankings probably haven't even visited Tapology in years. Ask all those people who ranked GSP as No.1 way back if they still would, and you'd get a very different outcome.

Edit: I am not trashing Tapology, despite the fact the Rankings system is clearly skewed to buggery I love this ******* site and Greg and the mods have done a stellar job creating and maintaining it.

* Edited at 02.22.2019, 1:57 AM ET *

pie2munch
pie2munch

02.22.2019 | 1:55 AM ET

Ok, and other sites that have him there as well?

How does that work?

He is tops for a reason 
Zulizani
Zulizani
  • Predictions:  3,156  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  685
  • Post Score: 226

02.22.2019 | 2:41 AM ET

This thread is great.

It's easy to blame Rockhold for the Middleweight division being a **** show for losing to Bisping and opening the door for the farce that was GSP vs Bisping.  It's easy to blame the organisation for allowing it to happen when Rob should have fought Bisping.  But you can't ignore the fact that if GSP were a worthy champion, he would have defended against Whit and taken the L like a man and legitimatized the division.  Rob did it without him and he did it the hard way and he still has never been in a Title fight.  Does anyone think Rob isn't the undisputed champ?  GSP is irrelevant and has been for a long time.  He is a sideshow.  A circus act.  

Is GSP the GOAT? Maybe 5 years ago, but now? No way. 

"You're all my children, I'll discipline you how I feel" Massabruce

pie2munch
pie2munch

02.22.2019 | 8:53 AM ET

So wait, are you saying Whittaker is the GOAT?
jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

02.22.2019 | 3:54 PM ET

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

Zulizani
Zulizani
  • Predictions:  3,156  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  685
  • Post Score: 226

02.22.2019 | 4:29 PM ET

No, Whit aint the GOAT.  He is my no 1 guy.  The GOAT is wide open at this stage.  I have Aldo above GSP for GOAT.  Holloway above Aldo.  Jones is somewhere but I really don't like him so he can be like #4 or some ****. DJ is probably the GOAT in my opinion.  The things he's done in the cage are just mindblowing when you really sit down and think about it.

"You're all my children, I'll discipline you how I feel" Massabruce

pie2munch
pie2munch

02.22.2019 | 5:54 PM ET

Whittaker is pretty fun to watch

I have Aldo as #2 even though Holloway has his number

Jones #3 

DJ is really amazing it’s just too bad the flys don’t get the recognition because even though I’ve seen all of dj’s fights, his opponents names aren’t all that recognizable, can’t wait for March 31
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

02.22.2019 | 6:03 PM ET

If u got aldo and holloway on the list u gotta include McGregor! 
The list never ends.... jones, dc, khabib, tony, Whittaker,  woodley....Gsp, silva!
pie2munch
pie2munch

02.22.2019 | 9:00 PM ET

I dont have holloway nor mcgregor in the top 10

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55