Topic: Fantasy & Games
Is there a Draftkings Tapology league?
You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.
09.04.2018 | 6:39 PM ET
09.04.2018 | 7:44 PM ET
Those were all H2H leagues but I’d take the total from x amount of events and we’d do 20$ Donations . 3 place got buy in for next round 2 place remaining 25% and 1st remaining 75%.
We’d run it in a 5 event stretch or so. We used to hit 20 guys or so then it eventually slipped off and we were gonna revamp buy in and pay outs. We never really got it back rolling. Though, I know a could easily text/email/pm a few of those dudes and a couple chicks as well.
Not sure how many but a I know I could get a few from mmajunkie’s JFF and possibly playground. There has been talk of running this back. PayPal takes a larger % themselves now too but I e been debating doing it again.
If we made a league, hypothetically, we could take the scores right off topology’s scoring. We would the have to come up with etched in stone tiebreakers and not waiver on them.
Those guys would do the JFF scoring of lock order points + winner + method + round. You need the winner to score but you can hedge round-3 and get those 3 points for a dec.
Lock order points: if there are 11fights on a card, you list every winner from 1-11. 1 being your least confident and 11 your most. When you pick a fighter correctly your lock order points to are added to fighter/method/round points.
Holly ****, I ramble.
"No, I'm just the victim of a screwed-up nitrogen imbalance. Plus, I think I've contracted priapism."
09.22.2018 | 4:37 PM ET
09.22.2018 | 4:43 PM ET
"Islamaphobia: a word created by Fascists and used by cowards to manipulate morons." - Christopher Hitchens
09.22.2018 | 6:57 PM ET
@hornet yeah that's basically correct.
We created our own game that was similar to Draftkings of FanDuel. It was pretty cool and we put a lot of time into building it. We invited a small number of Tapology users to start beta testing it. But then before we even finalized and made it publicly available, the **** hit the fan with daily fantasy sports. State governments started suing the fantasy sites, alleging that this style of game was akin to gambling, etc.
We pulled the plug because it would have been prohibitively expensive and complicated to continue running the game. It just wasn't worth it since we hadn't even officially launched the game yet.
"I live, I die, I live again."