Topic: Training & Technique

Roundhouse Kicks to the Legs are more risky then rewarding. Are we kicking the wrong way? Part 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  64
  • Post Score: 30

08.06.2018 | 1:37 PM ET

On the Prelims of UFC 227 there was a bout between Pedro Munhoz and Brett Johns. Brett Johns took some very well set up and well timed Roundhouse Kicks to the lead leg which really was close to putting Johns away.

Lately I've been noticing that Roundhouse Leg Kicks ending almost with the ankle against the hamstring has been showing quicker results of leg damage and potetial to end the fight. 

Sometimes the foot got to the destination opposed to said ankle but regardless it still was just as critical. This isn't to say the shin can't do it because it very well can. Lately I've been trying to find out why someone like Ernesto Boost who definately checks out with almost all the benefits a leg kicker could ever wish for only have 2 TKO leg kick finishes and I found out why. His shin was mostly colliding with the lower part of the thigh.

In bouts he would throw a very torqued rear leg kick to the hamstring which would have INSTANT damage and effect but following with the same set up to rear leg kick combo the opponent absorb it on the thigh which shows little to no sign of damage.

Patt HD Barry was a Kickboxer has 3 TKO leg kick finishes in Kickboxing also 3 TKO leg kick finishes in MMA. His kicks hit the spot as Munhoz. Collision with foot or ankle hitting the hamstring of an orthodox lead leg.

Pedro Rizzo was another fighter with these exact leg kicks. He was able to put Dan Severn away with roundhouse kicks with the top of his foot striking behind a southpaw Dan Severn's lead leg which Dan Severn was a great Wrestler looking to take you down any chance he got. Again with Pedro Rizzo he has 3 TKO leg kicks ending with the ankle or foot against the hamstring or inside part of a leg. 

What's your opinions on the matter?

I have screenshots but I can't find an option to post them :/

"Adorable little tough guy" - loudenSwain aka the sus gay bottom drunk guy

Responses

ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  64
  • Post Score: 30

08.06.2018 | 4:28 PM ET

If any disagreements please state why. 

Thank you for your opinion. 

"Adorable little tough guy" - loudenSwain aka the sus gay bottom drunk guy

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Backs Ilia Topuria’s BMF Title Demands for Max Holloway Fight: ‘He’s Right!’
  • Bad Left Hook : PREDICTIONS: Who wins Canelo vs Munguia?
  • UFC.com : Paul Craig Is Bringing 'Everything And The Kitchen Sink' To UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and boxing action May 3-4
  • UFC.com : Caio Borralho: “Pressure Is A Privilege”
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Vs. Martinez Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith won’t be anyone’s stepping stone in UFC: ‘We’re going to f*cking put that to bed now’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ Fed ‘Cannibal’ Liver Shot That ‘Put Him Down’
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen: Conor McGregor a better fighter than Michael Chandler but not a better competitor
  • MMA Mania : ‘They Want Me To Go To Rio And Take A Loss’
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases statement on Ryan Garcia’s positive drug tests: ‘People die in this sport’
  • UFC.com : ALEXANDRE PANTOJA: HOMECOMING KING
  • Jits Magazine : Diogo Reis Reveals Striking Training And Hints At MMA Debut
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-UFC signee Sean Loeffler sentenced to prison for domestic violence
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Justin Gaethje: Rematch with Max Holloway would be ‘dream fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : P4P Top 10: Haney tumbles out, top stars take spotlight in May
  • Jits Magazine : WWE Superstar MVP Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • Jits Magazine : Top European Grapplers Impress At IBJJF Dublin Open 2024
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘People die, this isn’t a joking matter’: Devin Haney on Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: People Die In This Sport