Topic: Injuries & Deaths

Covington to be stripped of interim title; cannot compete because of 'Nasal issue'.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

07.25.2018 | 9:40 PM ET

So yeah. Apparently he can't fight because he has the sniffles.

What a badass.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/07/tyron-woodley-vs-darren-till-title-fight-in-works-for-ufc-228-dallas-colby-covington
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 21 hours, and 3 minutes from now.

Responses

jacomalfoy1
jacomalfoy1
  • Predictions:  26,363  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 187

07.25.2018 | 11:17 PM ET

Maybe now everyone will realize that this guy is just a passing phase. I hope they feed him to Usman once he grows balls enough to take a fight.

"USA in this hoe"

ConcreteCracker
ConcreteCracker
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  64
  • Post Score: 30

07.26.2018 | 3:35 AM ET

This could be an attempt at buying more time to train

Aneccdotal experience but I remember as clear as day Chris Weidman pulling this same move with his meniscus. He was supposed to fight Vitor Belfort in the late year of 2014 but it was pospostponed poned till almost mid 2015 because "he tore his meniscus". 

The problem with why I didn't believe he tore it was because before this whole injury ordeal he was a lower belts in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu(I believe it was blue), while this whole ordeal was going on of his he was going through belts all the way to brown belt. You can look and see that the fight was cancelled multiple times, specifically 2 times. Then somewhere in May 2015 he finnaly received his black belt

Postponing fights for more training time happens rarely but it happens nonetheless.

"Adorable little tough guy" - loudenSwain aka the sus gay bottom drunk guy

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

07.26.2018 | 4:51 PM ET

The "Champ" hasn't even fought since Trump has been elected. Basically, Colby is getting "punished" because he actually needs some time off from that war with RDA. Woodley on the other hand, is so fragile that the UFC can't afford to wait any longer. More and more people everyday forget who Tyron Woodley is. UFC has no choice but to match him up because they might not ever get another chance. Till is healthy, Tyron is ready. That's the fight you make. Why? Because this will be 1 of Tyrons last fights, if not THE last fight. He's done. Till will beat him. Colby would've. That part doesn't really matter because its obvious to even the UFC. Nobody likes Woodley and for good reason. 1 of the worst examples of a UFC Champion that there's ever been. Colby deserved the shot but based on all the other factors, Till gets it and that's perfectly fine. Because Tyron is going to lose. UFC wants him to. We all do. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 1 week, 1 day, 10 hours, and 18 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

07.26.2018 | 5:17 PM ET

There was no 'war' with RDA. He leaned on him for five rounds with his head in buried his balls and ate a few short punches en route to yet another boring snoozefest of a UD.  Now he catches a light sneeze and he can't fight? After talking about how everyone is ducking him, and how he will supposedly fight anyone anywhere on zero notice? Give me a ******* break.

I'm not carrying a torch for Woodley and yes, we all hate him and want him to lose, but throwing out your shot at the belt because you get a head cold is the most pathetic ***** move in the history of excuses and tyrone being a whiny flaky ******** has nothing to do with that.

It's quite possible that he's doing this to avoid fighting Woodley altogether. He probably figures he's got nothing for Tyrone, and there's a chance that  Til gets it done. He has a much better chance of beating Til by playing sniff the sausage for five rounds.

* Edited at 07.26.2018, 8:01 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 21 hours, and 3 minutes from now.
mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

07.26.2018 | 5:27 PM ET

At this point the only relevance the belts have is bargaining power and increased pay. So I don't understand why Woodley would take this fight. Colby would be the bigger fight at this point. Real animosity creates buzz for fight week.

Unless (and this is me pretending to be Alex Jones with a crazy conspiracy) Woodley is thinking that Till might miss weight. In which case, Tyron is guaranteed another fight as the champion and would be guaranteed another big payday.

"Where are my shoes?"

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

07.26.2018 | 5:41 PM ET

Til may very well miss weight. He truly is ridiculously big for WW and I can't remember how much he cuts from but it's a pretty ungodly amount from memory. He doesn't have long to do it, either.
mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

07.26.2018 | 5:53 PM ET

I think this may be the 1st time that Woodley will be the lighter man in a fight. Idk what Rory cuts from, but I know Woodley is a big boy for WW, and Till is massive. He should be fighting at MW, but that's not my call.

"Where are my shoes?"

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

07.26.2018 | 9:08 PM ET

Blame RDA for not being able to stuff a rudimentary single-leg, not Colby. Colby thought he had control and could set the time and date and got played by a scheme that's working against Woodley. That's all i'm saying. 

You all picked Maia then you all picked RDA. Its like a never-ending cycle of pathetic attempts to discredit Colby for winning. "Oh well now Usman will expose him. Colby's a ***** now yea. Man up and take a fight yea"

Stop it. 

* Edited at 07.26.2018, 9:14 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 1 week, 1 day, 10 hours, and 18 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

07.26.2018 | 10:30 PM ET

I think when u call someone out like colby did to woodley 
you should be ready to go. You just talk **** about the guy and he exccepts your challenge you have to fight him. Only a major injury or sickness should stop him. 
You are right about how long woodley has taken to fight but his last fight if i remember he took alot of flak from dana saying it was boring. Think its about money woodley long lay off.
Not trying to hate on colby cause he's backed up all his **** talk so far.
All i know for sure is i would much rather see colby and woodley unify the belts.
So this is number one ********.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

07.26.2018 | 11:20 PM ET

@Bruce well yeah, I do blame RDA for not being able to stuff a single leg or just keep the fight where he wanted it to be. Terrible performance and I say that as a fan of RDA.

Also picked RDA, but not Maia. Not trying to discredit his wins, I'm just saying he's a boring, hypocritical sack huffer who blew his chance at the belt. And he is. He can't even draw talking **** about everybody and everything.

* Edited at 07.26.2018, 11:21 PM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

07.27.2018 | 5:48 PM ET

Mark Coleman in his prime will Smash all these cans

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

07.27.2018 | 8:08 PM ET

Mark Coleman in his prime was so juiced up that if they tried to inject anymore steroids in to him it would squirt back out.  He was a completely ripped 250 pounds when he won the UFC heavyweight title.

Which is to say, I agree with you.

* Edited at 07.27.2018, 9:48 PM ET *

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat

07.28.2018 | 4:14 AM ET

I concur. If Coleman was tested under the USADA protocols that exist now back in the day, his piss would have burned through the cup, and several floors of the testing facility building. It would have been like that scene from Alien: Resurrection.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC 301 odds: Opening and closing betting line movements
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Results: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: CEAST AND DESIST!
  • MMA Junkie : Artur Beterbiev vs. Dmitry Bivol postponed due to injury
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Welcomes Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Accepts Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville, Ky.
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Video! Oliveira Cradles Teammate During Terrifying Weight Cut
  • UFC.com : Drakkar Klose Is Tuning Out The Noise
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Fighters talk favorite Jose Aldo memories ahead of UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Beterbiev vs Bivol postponed due to injury, rest of card goes on
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Paul Craig: Caio Borralho in Rio not favorable, but 'we have built our career in the UFC over upsets'
  • UFC.com : The Most Dangerous Vinc Pichel
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Promises To ‘Knock McGregor Out Bad’
  • MMA Junkie : Charles Oliveira willing to be backup for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler – under one condition
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Preview: 26 Random Tidbits, Facts And Storylines
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Backs ‘Legend’ Jose Aldo At UFC 301: ‘You Might See A F****** Vintage Fight’