Topic: International MMA

History Of Indian MMA

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Paarth Pande
Paarth Pande
  • Predictions:  303  |  56.8%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 150

05.23.2018 | 10:07 AM ET

Hello people,

I am Paarth Pande a freelance MMA writer. I have been covering MMA for over 2 years now. I live in India and decided to track down and document the history of the MMA in India. The history of this sport dates back to 2004. Now my questions: should I cover the political history of the sport or not? (political history: is the stuff going on backstage, which has surprisingly played an important role in the history of Indian MMA) 

Responses

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

05.23.2018 | 11:28 AM ET

What is the context?  Are you writing a book or an article/series of articles?  Who are you writing for, a domestic audience or an international audience?

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

05.23.2018 | 3:03 PM ET

Do whatever you feel man.  You probably know more than most of us do.

"..."

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

05.23.2018 | 3:46 PM ET

Film whatever the most compelling story is. 

Whether it's a particular fighter, a certain promotion, training camp, or the political side of it; if the goal is to bring more awareness and interest to MMA in India or just to make a successful movie, the number one thing is that it tells an interesting story in an entertaining way. 
Paarth Pande
Paarth Pande

05.24.2018 | 3:15 AM ET

Please respond

JodyBanman, I accidentally clicked downvote wanted to click upvote. How do I undo it?
And the story covers what was happening behind the scenes. 
I am doing a series of articles. I am writing for an international fanbase.
Backstage politics concerns matchmaking, promotional pushes, fighter boycott and more. 
I don't exactly know what to do cause it is hard to separate fact from fiction as this a part of MMA history which hasn't been documented at all.
It is led by statements and finding truth is very difficult because everyone seems to push the narrative that they are the victim. 
AnAlias, I am doing a 6 part write up 
jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

05.24.2018 | 5:17 PM ET

I would say cover the backstage politics then, absolutely.  Often what goes on behind the scenes is more interesting than the fights.  Good luck with it.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

Paarth Pande
Paarth Pande

05.30.2018 | 12:46 AM ET

Part one is out

Part 1 is out. DO read :)

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• LFA 182 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Michael Blockhus vs. Jonathan Griffin - The result of the fight is being announced.
  • Join the LFA 182 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Jonathan Griffin 4% Michael Blockhus 96%
  • Jonathan "Cochino" Griffin (3-4-0) IN, US is the #15th Pro Mens Lightweight in Indiana.
  • Michael Blockhus (2-0-0) FL, US is the #908th Pro Mens Featherweight in United States.
  • LFA 182 features 11 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, South Dakota