Tapology Forums

Condit Says He Must Finish GSP...

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,521  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

10.15.2011 | 2:09 PM ET

As we all are well aware of, Georges St. Pierre has won nearly all of his title defenses by decision.  In an appearance on Inside MMA, Condit explained how he thinks if he lets the fight go to a decision, he would probably lose.  The thing is, Condit has only went to a 3 round decision once in his 30+ fight career and has gone on to finish a fight in the 4th round in the WEC.  So can he finish St. Pierre in 25 minutes of fighting?  It's hard to tell how good St. Pierre's gameplan will be for this one, as neither fighter is being prepared for this fight by Greg Jackson.

What do you guys think about what Condit said, or how good GSP will look without Jackson in his corner? 

Responses Page 4

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

10.16.2011 | 1:00 PM ET

@bassist.  Literally the most irrelevant post in this whole topic.

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

10.16.2011 | 1:02 PM ET

Just trying to piss you off :)

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

Crumx7
Crumx7

10.16.2011 | 1:02 PM ET

and on that note

Where's Chael's?

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

itfigures
itfigures
  • Predictions:  37,240  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,453
  • Post Score: 279

10.16.2011 | 1:04 PM ET

That looks like Machida getting blasted, I wonder if that's ever come up.
xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

10.16.2011 | 1:05 PM ET

Like this,

Became this?

That should be Bones' face on Undisputed 3. He won't be beaten.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

Crumx7
Crumx7

10.16.2011 | 1:08 PM ET

I'm pretty sure GSP was in the running to be on that cover.  The fans chose Anderson.  Interesting.

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

10.16.2011 | 1:09 PM ET

Perhaps because GSP has already been on a cover?

I mean, that seems pretty obvious to me.

Anderson won a popularity contest. Big ****** surprise...

itfigures
itfigures
  • Predictions:  37,240  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,453
  • Post Score: 279

10.16.2011 | 1:10 PM ET

He's working very closely on next year's game  UFC: Unanimous. Keep an eye out for it.
Crumx7
Crumx7

10.16.2011 | 1:10 PM ET

He and Jon Fitch

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

10.16.2011 | 1:11 PM ET

And yet, you guys are the same guys that will ***** and whine because there aren't enough decisions in the game and it's "unrealistic".

Sad.

Crumx7
Crumx7

10.16.2011 | 1:13 PM ET

I never said that.  I've said it's awfully easy to knock people out.  But I'm sure if you were fighting against GSP and he was dominating you for 5 rounds, you would be really impressed by him.

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx

10.16.2011 | 1:15 PM ET

It's not easy to get knocked out. Block your face. Become better at the game. That's how you don't get flash KO'd.

And GSP dominates for 5 rounds consistently. How is that not impressive?

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  55,521  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

10.16.2011 | 1:30 PM ET

Looks like my first thread sparked some sort of an argument o.o

:)

Waikru
Waikru
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 220

10.16.2011 | 1:40 PM ET

Great post as usual Captain Superman. Condit is the first guy, in a long time, that has a shot at defeating GSP. Hes a threat everywhere and his TD defence has looked pretty good too.
aoiioushi
aoiioushi
  • Predictions:  5,896  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 100

10.16.2011 | 2:07 PM ET

Condit won't win by decision unless he slows down GSP mentally and hurts him physically.  I say elbows in the clinch and front kicks to the knees and face.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

10.17.2011 | 3:05 AM ET

"It was all pre Matt Serra you dumb ****.  Stop trying to act like you're smarter than me when it comes to MMA because you're a GSP fan boy.  Shut down GSP's Wikipedia page."---quote by Crumx7

Are you kidding?  After he lost to Matt Serra, he finished Serra, Hughes and Penn.  Wikipedia is a free site that lists their entire professional MMA careers.  Try looking things up before you insult members with statements that are not accurate.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

10.17.2011 | 3:48 AM ET

Condit will force the fight out of GSP. The relentless fighter he once was needs to be reborn and summoned again. Carlos will make GSP either mentally break or fight to win...not experiment with his tools or sharpen them in the Octagon.

Hardy- Couldn't successfully lock in a submission against him, and had to go back to Renzo afterwards to see where he went wrong with his technique.

Shields- Worked on his striking and what he learned from Freddy Roach. 

He doesn't take any risks because he believes he can dictate how the fight goes, and how it unfolds. So therefore it seems like a lackluster performance, but when you think about it. GSP is basically toying with his opponents and completely dominating a deep division. We don't need him cycling through fighters in the division, and we have rising prospects. But are they good enough to challenge the kingpin? 

George St.Pierre has ruled the division long enough and needs to move up a weight class. So he's forced to fight at his full potential because he will be challenged.

Criticizing the 2nd best P4P fighter in the world is ridiculous. If anything you should blame his opponents as well. Its his legacy and he shouldn't have to impress a world full of bloody thirsty fans. Everyone just likes to see a champion dethroned. They hope for the next fighter to step against him to beat GSP. MMA fans are by far the most stubborn fans I've came across who expect so much out of fighters. 

The judging criteria hasn't changed and wrestlers and octagon control is favored. So expect more decisions to come unless the match maker Joe Silva keeps putting on exciting match ups. Even then we could still run into a lot of decisions. Get use to it. 

If every fighter were to fight with reckless abandon the belt would be passed around like a hot potato. That's why I don't bash on a fighter like GSP who is the only champion that is being bashed because of decisions. That's what makes the sport so unique because of all the different divisions and the different outcomes. Different styles etc etc.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Waikru
Waikru
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 220

10.17.2011 | 8:58 AM ET

"It was all pre Matt Serra you dumb ****. Stop trying to act like you're smarter than me when it comes to MMA because you're a GSP fan boy. Shut down GSP's Wikipedia page."---quote by Crumx7

Are you kidding? After he lost to Matt Serra, he finished Serra, Hughes and Penn. Wikipedia is a free site that lists their entire professional MMA careers. Try looking things up before you insult members with statements that are not accurate. - BillBurgess

This is true. The Serra and Hughes fights were impressive finishes. However, I think the Penn fight was not as impressive due to the controversies surrounding the fight. I think a more fair statement would be that GSP has had a block when it comes to defending his title. I personally felt that his pretitle days were his best and wish to see that GSP to come out in future fights.

* Edited at 10.17.2011, 8:59 AM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

10.17.2011 | 2:41 PM ET

Wow!  Oh happy day.  My great pal from ufc.com, Waikru, has finally arrived on our fair shores.  I'd like everyone to give a warm welcome to Waikru!!  He is the second friend from ufc.com that I asked to visit us.  Captain Superman was the first.

How ya doing!  What's up, Waikru?  Hope you look around and pick some fight winners.  And make your lists of each division, too.  I just went through the events lists, myself and picked the fights that I felt qualified to pick.  Which wasn't that many.  Mostly the name guys.  

Tell me what you think of this marvelous place when you get a minute, ok?  Welcome aboard, good friend!!!

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

10.17.2011 | 2:50 PM ET

Did you get your points for invting them?

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 1: ‘To be a legend, you’ve got to beat a legend’
  • Bad Left Hook : Squash matches are bad for everyone
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Page eager to kick ‘fake’ Colby Covington in the face
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301: Make your predictions for Pantoja vs. Erceg, Aldo vs. Martinez
  • UFC.com : Fight By Fight Preview | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMA Junkie : 'Better than gold' Mike Perry wants to settle trash talk with Darren Till inside BKFC ring
  • MMAFighting.com : Charly Arnolt praises UFC staff after nearly passing on historic ring announcing save: ‘I was scared’
  • Middle Easy : BKFC KnuckleMania IV Salaries, Revealed; Mike Perry Pockets Event-High $600K
  • MMA Mania : Go Pro? Texas Commission Rules On Paul Vs Tyson
  • MMA Mania : Aging Alves ‘Going Back To Retirement’
  • UFC.com : Monthly Report: April 2024
  • UFC.com : Get To Know The Challenger | Steve Erceg
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson will be pro fight over eight 2-minute rounds
  • Bad Left Hook : Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson ‘sanctioned as professional fight’: Rules, glove weight
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul sanctioned as pro bout
  • Middle Easy : BKFC President David Feldman Explains How Conor McGregor Become Part Owner, Says Dana White Is ‘Probably A Little Mad’
  • MMA Junkie : Clay Collard vs. Mads Burnell headlines 2024 PFL 5 in Salt Lake City
  • MMA Junkie : Video: UFC 301 'Countdown' for Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry reacts to Conor McGregor becoming part owner of BKFC after calling for fight against him
  • Middle Easy : Colby Covington Doubts If Ian Garry Is ‘Serious’ About Fighting, Says He Has ‘Unfinished Business’ With Leon Edwards