Topic: Jung vs. Hominick

Jung vs. Hominick

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

09.21.2011 | 5:31 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Jung vs. Hominick. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

12.11.2011 | 3:37 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hominick   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I still think that Serra vs. GSP I would have to be considered the greatest upset in Canadian MMA history, being that GSP was the undisputed and dominant welterweight champion at the time, and Serra was a fortunate severe underdog.  I'm a huge fan of Matt Serra, but lets be honest here...the only reason he earned a title shot was because of the Ultimate Fighter reality show, otherwise he would have never even been there.  How is that NOT the biggest upset?  Jung vs. Hominick was for all intensive purposes, a very low value fight.  Sure, the winner may be in line for a title shot, but it's not even a guarantee.  Serra vs. St. Pierre was THE title fight, and at that time, St. Pierre was supposedly unbeatable, and at the top of his game.  Also, Serra was known for his world-class Jiu-Jitsu, not at all for his striking.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

Mortis
Mortis
  • Predictions:  1,989  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,263
  • Post Score: 246

12.11.2011 | 6:28 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jung   wrong Decision  

I knew the Korean Zombie would win.. I just thought it would have taken 14 minutes and 53 seconds longer.

"I would drink Lyoto Machida's urine." --- Forrest Griffin

dinferlindo
dinferlindo
  • Predictions:  588  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 183

12.11.2011 | 6:42 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hominick   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I still think it's pretty safe to say Hominick would win 9/10 times but I'm so happy for KZ. I'm Canadian but how can you not love Chan Sung Jung? He has one of the most entertaining fights of all time with Leonard Garcia, the best submission of 2011 and now tied for the fastest KO ( if you don't include Ludwig.)
ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

12.11.2011 | 6:47 PM ET

Prediction: correct Jung   wrong Decision  

WAR KZ!

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

12.11.2011 | 7:03 PM ET

Loved how Goldberg was reading the Battlefield 3 blurb and had to abandon it midway due to how fast the fight ended.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,712  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

12.11.2011 | 7:46 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hominick   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

it was pretty exciting

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

12.11.2011 | 8:41 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hominick   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I didn't expect Hominick to lose like that. His striking is far ahead of Jung's he just came out very careless. That shows you can't screw around if you do you get caught. I thought Jung's best chance of winning was on the ground but a big shot right out the gate worked just as well. It's part of the reason I really like the sport though so often the unexpected happens. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

SeverusRap1st
SeverusRap1st

12.11.2011 | 8:45 PM ET

I was laughing my ass off when this happened.  Im gonna catch alot of flack for this but i have been saying since the ufc added that division that it was weak sauce and i dont think Jose "same combo" aldo is that good.  In a fews years you guys will see an awesome 145 and 135 division but right now you guys are just getting the pre show.
zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

12.11.2011 | 8:54 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Hominick   wrong Decision  

@Severus They are weak divisions; I don't think anyone argues that, but at the same time to say Aldo is not that good is clearly an exaggeration. Is he as good as Anderson Silva/GSP/Other greats? Probably not. His level of competition is significantly lower; however, he is a great talent in my opinion. He absolutely TOOLED Faber. No, he didn't look great against Kenny, but he seems like a complete destroyer. At least he, and the rest of division, are exciting. I would rather watch good fighters that put on exciting shows, than great fighters that are boring.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida