Tapology Forums

I'm Done With People Doing the Ric Flair Woo at MMA Events

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

02.26.2018 | 5:20 AM ET

I know I am not the only one to share this sentiment, but it is getting to the point that every time I watch a UFC card that I begin to grit my teeth when I hear all the drunken, loud mouth, yokels starting the barage of "WOOOOOO" chants, thinking this is a ******* WCW show in some backwoods high school gymnasium in 85.  And let's be blunt here, it was only when the UFC started doing more shows in that podunk, white trash city of Orlando did this become a problem.  They were the ones that started this trend on one of the UFC on FOX shows and it hasn't stopped.  There are times that I just want to put the TV on mute so I can watch the card in peace, but I don't want to miss the commentary of DC, Rogan, Smith, Felder or Cruz to do it (unless Todd Grisham is on play by play, then I do it anyway). 

Part of this is just a vent, but I also ask is this part of the price of the UFC going "mainstream"?  Are we really going to be stuck with these kind of belligerent ****s from now on?  Because if so I think I might just stick to watching MMA fights in Japan where the crowd knows when to be respectful and quiet and when to cheer.

* Edited at 02.26.2018, 5:23 AM ET *

"..."

Responses

Zulizani
Zulizani
  • Predictions:  3,156  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  685
  • Post Score: 226

02.26.2018 | 6:37 AM ET

It would seem that it is part of the price of the UFC going "mainstream".  That, along with an impressive roster of unimpressive fighters, PPV's that exist solely so cyborg can have a belt and don't forget, every fighter has to wear a triangle on their uniform.  It's progress, apparently.

"You're all my children, I'll discipline you how I feel" Massabruce

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

02.26.2018 | 7:54 AM ET

Mainstream is not always good. In this case, for the UFC to survive, it is good.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,787
  • Post Score: 180

02.27.2018 | 10:25 AM ET

WOO chants > fighters who grunt on every thrown strike. 

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

02.27.2018 | 10:49 AM ET

Wooo Chants > You're gonna die brazilian scum chants
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 4 days, 23 hours, and 53 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

02.27.2018 | 3:07 PM ET

If Colby's comments about Brazil offended you, its probably because you've failed at life. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 14 hours, and 7 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

02.27.2018 | 5:53 PM ET

@Bruce wasn't offended by the comments but they were classless and cheap, and covington is a cheeseball.I don't like b-grade fighters smack-talking their way into high profile bouts.Earn it through merit, not polemics.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, and 52 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

02.27.2018 | 7:02 PM ET

B-grade fighter that smoked Maia................
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 14 hours, and 7 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

02.27.2018 | 7:05 PM ET

How you could call a man that sticks up for himself classless is beyond me. You wouldn't know class if it killed you. Brazil is 1 of the most disgusting & disrespectful places on this planet. They can yell "you're going to die" all they want but when an American calls them out its "no class" ahahahahahahahha 

Remember the Rio Olympics? and how f******* disgusting it was? The place is a giant dump. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

02.27.2018 | 7:19 PM ET

lol Jesus Christ, Bruce. Let me flip the script on you; what exactly about a blanket statement that denotes an entire nation of people as 'filthy animals' qualifies as class to you?

My advice is to go out and talk to some Brazilians. They're very earthy, nice people for the most part.
Before you think about how you're different from somebody, it's better to think about how you're similar.

How about this gem from twitter:

"Hey @PlatinumPerry, maybe having your ratchet horse faced girlfriend as your head trainer isn't the smartest idea on planet earth. But hey, when you're the product of cousins ******* in Ocala FL how strong can your decision making skills be? #UFCOrlando

12:40 PM - Feb 25, 2018
Not Bushido. Thanks for that, Atticus Finch. I wonder if having your (sic) ratchet-faced (fixed it) girlfriend as your head trainer isn't the worst idea on some other planet, or moon. He's the kind of troglodyte who probably thinks Avatar is a nature documentary. Probably tried to book a rocket ship  hunting safari holiday to Pandora, target species: Gilacorn.

I love your chutzpah Brucey, but your kicking against the pricks on this one. Defending the indefensible.

* Edited at 02.27.2018, 7:32 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 3 days, and 52 minutes from now.
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

02.27.2018 | 7:23 PM ET

Imagine Channing Tatum telling Tiger Woods how to golf. Or any pro-golfer for that matter. Everybody would laugh. That's what you should be doing here. Some blonde, bimbo who plays tennis yelling "BREAK HIS LEG" .....yea. We burned women in cages for such nonsense. 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

02.27.2018 | 7:23 PM ET

As Cruz would say.."keep your fling on a string lil boy" 
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

02.28.2018 | 7:53 AM ET

You think Orlando is white trash? It may sound funny but Disney has done a lot for the area.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

The GOAT
The GOAT
  • Predictions:  555  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: 79

03.05.2018 | 12:09 AM ET

It'll probably be obsolete in a few years. 

"My weight is not enough and my strength is not enough, so I have to take the fight by mastery" - Fedor Emelianenko

Fishrat de Pseud
Fishrat de Pseud

03.05.2018 | 4:06 AM ET

Going mainstream isn't the problem. The fan base is already filled with the biggest, most obnoxious freaks and mentally challenged ********s on the planet, with the possible exception of hooligan football (soccer) fans. 

Go on MMAFighting on any Jon Jones or Conor McGregor thread or a Tyron Woodley one and it infested with society's most loathsome individuals heaping the most vile, petty, foul abuse on fighters and on anyone with the temerity to rate and speak in positive terms about the greatest fighters on the planet they happen to a have an irrational personal loathing of. 

This is first place I've seen sane people in the UFC fanbase in any great number. That wooing is ******** for sure. People ain't even watching the fights. 

* Edited at 03.05.2018, 4:09 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 3 years, 11 months, 2 days, 7 hours, and 46 minutes from now.
Crayz
Crayz
  • Predictions:  2,078  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 320

03.05.2018 | 4:50 AM ET

@bruce- idiot. 

"💰🌆"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville announced with 13 fights already booked for the card
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo hopes Conor McGregor 'of old' shows up vs. Michael Chandler at UFC 303