Topic: Namajunas vs. Jędrzejczyk II

Namajunas vs. Jędrzejczyk II

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,673  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,584
  • Post Score: 60

01.17.2018 | 11:09 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Namajunas vs. Jędrzejczyk II. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

01.17.2018 | 11:09 AM ET

Prediction: correct Namajunas   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Rumored for Brooklyn. Would like to see Joanna get a bounce-back fight, but don't hate the immediate rematch.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

HJWalker
HJWalker
  • Predictions:  3,064  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  337
  • Post Score: 118

01.17.2018 | 11:54 AM ET

Prediction: correct Namajunas   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

I don't mind the rematch. Not sure how to pick though. I saw the last fight as whether Joanna could keep it on the feet or not.....wasn't exactly right there.
Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,051  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

01.17.2018 | 1:26 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Jędrzejczyk   wrong Decision  

I'm taking Joanna by decision especially if Rose is super confident on the feet.Rose has improved so much though.I wouldn't be surprised if Rose strangles her but I would be surprised to see another Rose KO.With Andrade facing Torres this fight getting put together was pretty obvious way back when that fight was put together.

It'll be awesome to see Andrade face the winner here for the belt since she's looked so amazing.If Torres win then blah lol.Torres vs Joanna would be a 5 round sparring match imo and Rose vs Torres again isn't that exciting.Rose vs Andrade would be cool as hell and Andrade in a rematch vs Joanna would be cool too.I'm calling it now,Joanna and Andrade win,Joanna gets hurt and Rose fights Andrade for the stupid interim belt.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,503  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

01.18.2018 | 6:39 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Jędrzejczyk   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

I have the feeling Joanna wins this one but it will be a late too or decision.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

joking_joe
joking_joe
  • Predictions:  6,589  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  945
  • Post Score: 393

01.18.2018 | 4:10 PM ET

Prediction: correct Namajunas   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

THUG ROSE!!!
mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

01.18.2018 | 5:25 PM ET

Lot of people jumped off the Joanna wagon, I haven't, I like them both, knew Rose was legit but I still think despite the TKO Joanna is still a better striker. Rose should go for the SUB this time.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, 16 hours, and 20 minutes from now.
skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

01.19.2018 | 8:35 PM ET

Confirmed

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

golfy77
golfy77
  • Predictions:  1,488  |  57.4%
  • Forum Posts:  150
  • Post Score: 155

01.22.2018 | 7:30 AM ET

Lol, I actually thought Joanna was going to murder Rose on the feet; I couldn't have been more wrong.

Regardless, I still believe Joanna can beat Rose Namajunas if she becomes the pressure fighter: using feints and jabs to back Rose Namajunas to the fence, cutting the cage on her, and initiating the clinch exchanges to deliver powerful knees to the midsection.

However, whether she will is a different story, as her recent victories came when she was the counter-fighter, not in-fighter.

* Edited at 01.22.2018, 7:43 AM ET *

The GOAT
The GOAT
  • Predictions:  555  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: 79

02.19.2018 | 2:11 AM ET

Prediction: correct Namajunas   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

Joanna by Polish revenge

"My weight is not enough and my strength is not enough, so I have to take the fight by mastery" - Fedor Emelianenko

Zulizani
Zulizani
  • Predictions:  3,169  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  685
  • Post Score: 226

02.20.2018 | 3:45 AM ET

Prediction: correct Namajunas   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

Rose by however she wants.

Did we erase from our memories the pure determination and evolution as a fighter that Rose has demonstrated?  Did we forget that the greatest pound for pound women's striker got Ko'd for having her head up and her arms out? 

I'm celebrating early the evolution of women's MMA by declaring Rose the next level until she grows her hair back and signs a movie deal (i assume that didn't happen yet, did it?)

"You're all my children, I'll discipline you how I feel" Massabruce

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

02.20.2018 | 5:21 AM ET

@Kuma I've Always though that Andrade is just a god-awful fight for Rose that she has virtually no way of winning....I think Andrade beats her 8 times from ten.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 4 weeks, 17 hours, and 19 minutes from now.
Katzengott
Katzengott
  • Predictions:  724  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  184
  • Post Score: 32

03.05.2018 | 6:38 AM ET

Rose did a great job the first time, I expect JJ to come back from this loss like a true champion and dismantle her.
Fishrat de Pseud
Fishrat de Pseud

03.05.2018 | 7:59 AM ET

I'd need to see the demeanor before the fight to call this one. There's a body language you can see that is calm but intense, focused and resolute, and when a fighter with superior skill and pedigree has that demeanor and are in that mindset they normally win. 

Joanna was like Conor was just before the first Nate fight in her last fight. Unfocused, believing their own hype and then being complacent in the Octagon as a result.

Joanna's a superior fighter. She has to show up a true champion with the right mindset, and more heart to stick it out if it gets tough. Otherwise Rose has enough to punish her again.

But Joanna is for real, so I'll say she'll reclaim the title.
This user is suspended from posting until 3 years, 10 months, 3 weeks, and 13 minutes from now.
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

03.05.2018 | 6:21 PM ET

I don't think JJ is going to win the rematch. The loss had nothing to do with the weight cut, or hubris. Namajunas simply has her number. She's got her timed and measured. I think it's probably too late in the game for  JJ to change.

It might not happen as fast but I see it going either the same way, or by rose subbing her after dropping her.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 10 months, 4 weeks, 17 hours, and 19 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,503  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

03.06.2018 | 7:56 AM ET

I look for JJ to be careful and win by UD or late stoppage.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

danclark1090
danclark1090
  • Predictions:  328  |  53.4%
  • Forum Posts:  39
  • Post Score: 46

03.20.2018 | 6:30 PM ET

After weathering the initial attacks and stuffing the first few takedown attempts, Joanna will pick apart Rose with her usual style.

"It is all over..."

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,952  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,377
  • Post Score: 40

04.04.2018 | 1:49 PM ET

pick the previous fight's loser, makes sense.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Alex Pereira Challenges Anthony Smith To $50,000 Grappling Match, Smith Accepts
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Veteran Raphael Assuncao Spits At 10th Planet Black Belt After Disqualification Win
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! O’Malley Wants Sleepy Time For Mac
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Sleep Sean O’Malley’
  • MMA Mania : ‘My D—k Didn’t Get Hard!’ Brown Couldn’t ‘Get Fired Up’ About Fight Offer
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Snaps Back at ‘Sugar’d Up’ Conor McGregor Over Past PED Usage: ‘When Your Idols Turn to Rivals’
  • Middle Easy : Ian Garry Promises to ‘Slap the Mouth Off’ Colby Covingtong Within One Round: ‘Sign the F*cking Contract’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Roasted Over Fighter Pay, Slams ‘Liberal F*cks’ Netflix During the Streaming Giant’s Tom Brady Special
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Felt I Can’t Say No’
  • MMAFighting.com : Heather Hardy reveals career likely over due to ‘too much brain damage’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 medical suspensions: Four fighters receive 180 days but not Jack Shore for leg wound
  • MMA Junkie : Weekend boxing review: Canelo Alvarez gave vintage performance. Is David Benavidez next?
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier thinks Islam Makhachev is underestimating him ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall In The Dark While Jones ‘Is Playing Games Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 medical suspensions: 3 winners potentially out 6 months
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo vs. Sean O’Malley? ‘Very Possible Chance’ Outlandish Title Fight Happens, Says Outspoken UFC Star
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown explains how UFC 300 snub finalized retirement decision, says BKFC signing 'not out of the question'
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley responds to Conor McGregor diss, now wants Michael Chandler to ‘sleep’ him