Topic: VanZant vs. Clark

VanZant vs. Rose-Clark

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  12,043  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

11.27.2017 | 12:48 PM ET

Prediction: wrong VanZant   wrong Decision  

Looks like PVZ managed to sidestep both Jessica Eye and Valentina Shevchenko for her flyweight debut.

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

Responses

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.28.2017 | 4:07 AM ET

Prediction: correct Clark   correct Decision  

This is a great fight for Jessy Jess. She's way more technical than PvZ everywhere and used to fighting bigger girls.

Also, I have a feeling PvZ isn't really into fighting as much as she used to be. She still needs it to keep her "celebrity career" going on because she's not quite pretty or talented enough to do it without the UFC fighter hook, but for a fighter who's main strong point is heart and tenacity losing interest is the last thing she wants to happen. I may be wrong about her, but to me it looks like she's not 100% committed to fighting.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,063  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

11.28.2017 | 2:02 PM ET

Another important thing is PVZ's gameplan.Like vs Bec Rawlings, she got her ass kicked iirc in that 1st round and I don't remember her going for any td's then of course landed that flying switch kick early in the 2nd avoiding a possible big upset.PVZ's gameplan in that one was mind boggling considering Bec is basically just a boxer and PVZ is basically a grappler.If she has that same stand up mentality vs Jess she'll get picked apart imo.
Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar
  • Predictions:  11,385  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,331
  • Post Score: 161

11.28.2017 | 5:17 PM ET

Pvz ducked Eye. Funny their both fighting on the same card.
yossgold
yossgold

11.30.2017 | 3:05 AM ET

@Kuma, blame everyone around PvZ telling her how amazing her striking has got. Especially after she hit that "crane kick" against Bec. Now she honestly believes she's Bruce Lee.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

yossgold
yossgold

01.15.2018 | 12:56 AM ET

Paige being such a novice striker (with no one around her to tell her that she’s not amazing) totally killed off one of the only advantages she had in this fight. She’s usually fresher in the 3rd round but spamming jumping switch kicks (as well as grappling larger chicks) will sap your gas tank fast. Jessie Jess was tired in the 3rd and Paige couldn’t bank on it because she was even more spent. Known fact, when both fighters are tired, the more technical one will usually win.

I think this move to 125 is a bad one for Paige and she needs to get herself a coach that gameplans to her strengths. Doorknob Buchholtz isn’t that guy. TAM is a great camp for her to hone her wrestling (which should become her bread and butter), but as far as knowledge of the sport, game plans and improving your striking, that’s the worst place she could be. Mainly because their relative success due to their fighters being superior athletes with great backgrounds hasn’t ever forced them to actually improve. Paige doesn’t have that advantage to plug her holes with.

* Edited at 01.15.2018, 4:12 AM ET *

Dark god
Dark god
  • Predictions:  30  |  43.3%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 50

01.15.2018 | 3:45 AM ET

She will come into her own

"Never give up die first"

yossgold
yossgold

01.15.2018 | 4:11 AM ET

She's got a great mindset and a very good athletic starting toolkit, but she's reached the point where TAM have nothing to offer her apart from great training partners.

That's not a camp where you learn how to understand the striking game (throwing techniques != understanding striking) and its main game planner is one of the lamest, uneducated "head coaches" in the whole sport.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,536  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

01.15.2018 | 12:48 PM ET

Any news on her arm?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

01.15.2018 | 1:17 PM ET

It is fractured Dana White posted a pic of it on twitter

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/952919348850581505

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,536  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

01.16.2018 | 6:31 AM ET

I just saw it and it was pretty bad.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato
  • Predictions:  9,856  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  642
  • Post Score: 58

02.03.2018 | 1:04 PM ET

Paige should come out to "Free Bird," or some other song by Lynyrd Synyrd.

Everybody would get a real kick out of it.

"MMA Fan Since Season 2 Of The Ultimate Fighter"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Desperately Wants to Get on Joe Rogan’s Podcast: ‘He is Scared of Me’
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Zygimantas Ramaska | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Roedie Roets | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Dustin Poirier, the Bud Light Genie and an alien walk into a bar ...
  • Middle Easy : Bryce Mitchell Implores Parents to Stop Vaccinating Their Kids, Convinced Public Schooling Will Turn His Son Gay
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Shamidkhan Magomedov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Ryan Loder | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Belal Muhammad Calls WWE Supporters ‘Real True’ Fans, Dubs ‘90%’ of UFC Fans as ‘Drunks That Don’t Care About Anyone’
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It, We’ll Sue Them’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: If Khamzat Chimaev doesn't manage his pace, 'it's going to be an early night for him'
  • Middle Easy : Son of UFC Legend Anderson Silva Will Fight Alongside Him at the Spaten Fight Night Event on June 15
  • MMA Junkie : PFL's Donn Davis responds to Bellator fighter complaints about inactivity, unpaid medicals: 'We're direct, fair and reasonable'
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Doing A Great, Amazing Job!’ Topuria Praises Nice Guy O’Malley
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett sends warning to ‘sh*t human being’ Bobby Green ahead of UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman makes 'crazy' pitch of Oleksandr Usyk vs. Francis Ngannou: He's 'the biggest puncher out there'
  • MMA Mania : Fourth McGregor Fight? Poirier Doesn’t ‘Need That Bad Energy In My Life’
  • MMAFighting.com : Khalil Rountree Jr. suspended 2 months for doping violation, could face additional penalty in Nevada
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria praises 'showman' Sean O'Malley: 'I like him, he's doing a great job'
  • MMA Junkie : Mateusz Gamrot trashes Charles Oliveira for considering Colby Covington's callout: 'Thought you were better than that'
  • MMA Mania : Pimblett: ‘Proper S—t Human Being’ Green’s ‘Chin Is Gone’