Topic: Other Combat Sports

GGG vs Canelo

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

09.15.2017 | 6:47 PM ET

I know this may not be the place to post about this fight, but I'm really pumped for tomorrow night as a fight fan. Some mma fans are one or the other when it comes to boxing or mma. Growing up in the era I grew up in, there was no mma. I loved wrestling(not the fake stuff) and boxing. Imo I got to watch the greatest era of hws with Holyfield, Tyson, Bowe, Moore, Lewis, etc. And the Roy Jones Jr. may be the best boxer I have ever watched. I did some boxing in my younger years (nothing of note) but my true sport was and always will be wrestling. I didn't like the way boxing didn't equate to a real fight. Once I watched Mark Shultz destroy Goodridge, I was hooked (my high school wrestling coach was trained with team foxcatcher and was in the movie as an extra).

But I still love to watch the absolute elite level boxers fight. Fights like Ward vs Kovalev are must watch for me. My problem with boxing though is that these don't happen enough. And often times when they do happen, the fighters are well past it. It's the main reason I skipped Floyd vs Pac. Floyd knew with his skillset he could wait out pac and eventually get him at the right time.

Now to this fight. Imo, it's the best mw fight we have seen in a long time. This is only my opinion, but it's the equivalent of Ferguson vs Khabib or TJ vs Cody. Two of the absolute best regardless of weight class in their primes fighting. I can not wait for this fight. It's why I am shutting my phone off and dvr'ing FN Pittsburgh. I'll watch the prelims of FN Pittsburgh until it's time for Canelo vs GGG and then head over to a friends to watch the main event.

I don't have a rooting interest in the fight, but I feel like Canelo is going to get a late stoppage. Canelo is the best boxer that GGG has fought, while I fell like GGG may or may not be the best that Canelo has fought. I know most experts are picking GGG, and common sense says that GGG is going to work him with his power and eventually stop. I am just getting a different vibe. Of course I could be way off. It may not even be competitive. But I know that as a fight fan, I am pumped for an excellent FN card followed by an elite boxing match.

"Where are my shoes?"

Responses

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

09.15.2017 | 7:29 PM ET

"Where are my shoes?"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Reveals His ‘Stack’ Of Steroids From Ever Titan
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 Results: Nicolau vs. Perez
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 Results: Perry vs. Alves
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Even Holloway Knows He Got Dropped At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: LFA's Kendra McIntyre ragdoll KOs opponent with absolutely vicious head kick
  • MMA Mania : Staredowns! ‘Platinum’ Has Fiery Exchange With Alves
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith on Alex Pereira: 'Given the opportunity, we both would jump on it'
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Official Weigh Ins Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream (9 p.m. ET)
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Recalls Justin Gaethje’s ‘Vibranium’ Leg Kicks: ‘This Guy Kick Hard As Sh*t’
  • MMA Junkie : Vanessa Demopoulos prepared to get used to familiarity with UFC opponents like Emily Ducote
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 weigh-in video at 9 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Hoping For McGregor ‘Of Old’ At UFC 303
  • Bad Left Hook : Esparza loses three belts on scale
  • Bad Left Hook : Spence reportedly in ligation with former trainer over unpaid fees
  • Bad Left Hook : Errol Spence reportedly in ligation with trainer Derrick James over unpaid fees
  • MMA Junkie : Why Chael Sonnen thinks Tom Aspinall potentially facing Ciryl Gane at UFC 304 is a big risk
  • MMA Mania : ‘Crazy’ Stalker Sneaks Into UFC PI, Claims Ribas Is His ‘Wife’