Topic: Manuwa vs. Mysiala

Manuwa vs. Mysiala

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,673  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,584
  • Post Score: 60

09.11.2017 | 5:37 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Manuwa vs. Mysiala. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.12.2017 | 6:55 PM ET

UFC offered these guys what they actually deserved, and much like some of you on here, they immediately backed out & started complaining. Thumbs down all you want. Materla deserves a 40/40 contract at best. Mysiala 25/25 MAYBE....

Everybody loves Khalidov again. Which is hilarious because 3 fights ago most of you were calling him overrated. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 4 days, 21 hours, and 58 minutes from now.
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,095  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,973
  • Post Score: 195

09.12.2017 | 7:07 PM ET

Prediction: Manuwa  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

Speculationg that Mysiala won't take this fight(because...uh...he's Polish?) isn't an opinion, it's nonsensical ********.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.12.2017 | 7:10 PM ET

Speculating that he'll back out of the fight just like the other 2 recently signed Polish fighters who, based off the info provided, think their worth 6 figure contracts, is appropriate & intelligent. 

Again, nice try though. Hold this L 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 4 days, 21 hours, and 58 minutes from now.
Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar
  • Predictions:  11,385  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,331
  • Post Score: 161

09.12.2017 | 9:20 PM ET

An easy fight for Manuwa to get his confidence back. Rather see him fight than sit on the shelf for 10 months. Chances are he wins easily and will be ready to fight early 2018 against an obvious step up.
Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar

09.12.2017 | 9:21 PM ET

What do you think Manuwa -2200? Lol

It'll probably be in that neighborhood.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

09.12.2017 | 11:04 PM ET

@MassaBruce

Longest run-on sentence of all time.

Who has Materla beat to deserve a big contract? Paul Harris? Kendall Grove? Really? LMFAO

Well there's them and Tomasz Drwal, Rodney Wallace, Matt Horowich, James Zikic, Gregory Babene, Krystof Kulak, and Jorge Bezerra.  Oh and there is also the fact that he is one of the top 50 Middleweights in the entire world.  I know that you probably drink a lot of the Zuffa kool aid and think that those who aren't currently in the UFC aren't talented, but believe it or not there are top fighters (in good MMA promotions) outside of the UFC and a lot of them could outright embarrass the guys that have UFC contracts right now.

Nah. He quickly realized fighting real competition for average pay would be a challenge & fighting fellow bums in Poland for a kings ransom is easy.

Because god forbid a guy make a living for his family, instead get his brain battered in for a pittance.  Believe it or not dummy, this is a job for people and sometimes you have to do what is financially smart.  And considering how the UFC treats fighters about as good as a used condom, not only am I okay with Materla's decision, I believe more fighters should do the same. The idea that the UFC is the "be all and end all" of MMA, and that your career is only valid unless you have fought in the UFC, is the single most ******** narrative still espoused in the MMA fanbase and should just ******* die already.  Would it be great if Materla was in the UFC? Yes. Does he need to go there to prove his talent? No.  Materla has been able to fight decent competition in KSW and gets paid handsomely to do it.  There is no reason he should have to take a pay cut for his talent.  Furthermore, the notion that Mysiala is comparable to Materla at all is laughable. While Mysiala isn't a slouch, he isn't in the top 100, never mind top 50, Light Heavyweight fighters in the world the way Materla is at Middleweight.

* Edited at 09.12.2017, 11:04 PM ET *

"..."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.12.2017 | 11:13 PM ET

I'm 1 of the main Russian MMA guys. I don't give a fook about Zuffa. I know European MMA like I know my constitutional rights. 

Man up, grow. Stop being a child.

Prize-fighting is a blood sport. If he was worried about providing for his family and getting the most bang for his buck,  he can get a real job. 

If he wants to call himself a top 50 MW in the world and get paid like one, then he should at least fight other top 50 guys OR even ONE....he doesn't. Hasn't. Probably never will. If Paul Harris is the steepest comp you've fought in MMA, in 2017...you ain't anybody....He fights fellow Polish BUMS. Old washed up HAS BEENS who show up for a fookin paycheck. Every single 1 of those guys you named isn't even in the top 1,500 MW's let alone top 50. 
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.12.2017 | 11:18 PM ET

and the best part about all this nonsense...none of the Polish would've won. Machida beats Khalidov by UD 10/10 times. 

Marreta KO's Materla in 2 rounds. Easy work.

Manuwa gets a 60 second KO win vs Mr Malaysia. 

* Edited at 09.12.2017, 11:18 PM ET *

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke

09.13.2017 | 12:53 AM ET

Khalidov was never close to actually getting signed and no, what you said is still really dumb. Khalidov & Materla are definitely making more being two of the top KSW fighters than a random light heavyweight journeyman who bounces from promotion to promotion and has already fought in the US for Bellator(also wouldn't be surprised if Materla has issues with leaving Poland due to ongoing criminal charges against him). You're basically taking something happening once and applying it to all the fighters of an entire country. Think Wieczorek and Piechota will pull out too?

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar

09.13.2017 | 4:51 AM ET

I didn't read all those post but i think Materla ending up staying with KSW might have something to do with legal troubles. I heard he was in bail. But it was just hear say. But i know the UFC will tolerate a lot of stuff like drunk drivers, hit and runs, throwing chairs, positive drug test but they probably won't tolerate a guy that's on bail. Lol
MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.13.2017 | 10:38 AM ET

@PilloryChoke   

I could be in a coma & still pick fights better than your chump ass. Get off deez nuts. 
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke

09.13.2017 | 3:08 PM ET

Is that why we have the same pick percentage? You're not very bright.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,503  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

09.13.2017 | 6:21 PM ET

It is obvious as to why they have him at this event. 

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.15.2017 | 4:57 PM ET

@PilloryChoke keeps saying i'm not very bright in the SAME sentence he says we have the EXACT same picking percentage..

So you can't pick fights better than a dumb person!? 

Shouldn't be so hard on yourself man. 
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke

09.15.2017 | 6:14 PM ET

Yawn. You said you could beat me in picks "in a coma" when we had the same picking percentage. That was the point. Don't feel like arguing any more, chill out and try not to get suspended again.

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

09.15.2017 | 6:53 PM ET

Yawn. You tried to make a point but it back-fired terribly in your face. 

You have the same picking percentage as a dump person. 

Way to go. 
Katzengott
Katzengott
  • Predictions:  724  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  184
  • Post Score: 32

09.27.2017 | 7:11 AM ET

I think Misiek is very brave to step up to this massacre but would be VERY surprised if he would see round 2 vs Poster Boy.
Cheese32165
Cheese32165
  • Predictions:  24,616  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,060
  • Post Score: 162

09.27.2017 | 7:25 PM ET

Manuwa said he hasn't got an opponent for Gdansk yet on twitter, so this fight is not happening. 

"Tom Breese Future Champ"

Thesnake101
Thesnake101
  • Predictions:  14,860  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,013
  • Post Score: 207

09.27.2017 | 7:30 PM ET

Holy crap!!! Massa was right!? :O
mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

09.27.2017 | 7:41 PM ET

Right about what? I just see a bunch of self-serving bloviating.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, 7 hours, and 44 minutes from now.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Will Lewis Turn Back Another Prospect?
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Jon Jones 'smart' for going after Alex Pereira over Tom Aspinall
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja dreams of fight against flyweight ‘GOAT’ Demetrious Johnson
  • MMA Mania : Brain Damage Forces Hardy From BKFC 61
  • MMA Junkie : Heather Hardy suffering from effects of 'too much brain damage,' indicates fighting career is over
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC champ Dricus du Plessis perform as Wildebeest on The Masked Singer
  • Middle Easy : Patchy Mix Declares Himself As ‘Best Bantamweight On The Planet’, Says He’d ‘Sleep’ Sean O’Malley And Petr Yan
  • MMA Mania : ‘One Of Us Has To Die’
  • UFC.com : Rodrigo Nascimento Out To Prove He Belongs
  • MMA Junkie : Dustin Poirier explains how Islam Makhachev 'more of a threat' than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Reaction to Cory Sandhagen vs. Umar Nurmagomedov booking, fallout of UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Foster vs Conceicao joins Stevenson vs Harutyunyan on July 6
  • Bad Left Hook : O’Shaquie Foster vs Robson Conceicao joins Stevenson vs Harutyunyan on July 6
  • UFC.com : Fighters on the Rise | UFC St. Louis
  • Middle Easy : Eric Nicksick Predicts Sean Strickland Will Finish Paulo Costa In Round 4 Or 5, Says UFC Considered Booking ‘Tarzan’ Against Khamzat Chimaev
  • UFC.com : Radley Da Silva's Life Has Led To This Moment | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMA Mania : UFC Champ Revealed As ‘Masked Singer’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall unamused by Jon Jones 'playing games again' with interest in Alex Pereira
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: What’s next for Inoue and Canelo, Lomachenko vs Kambosos preview, more
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Accuses Jon Jones Of ‘Playing Games’, Says Fight ‘Not Looking Very Likely’ To Happen