Tapology Forums

Which Event Will End Up Being Better Tonight?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

12.04.2010 | 11:56 AM ET

Strikeforce and the TUF Finale are going head-to-head -- which one do people think will end up being more entertaining and exciting?

I have to cast my vote for TUF -- I think there's a wider array of skillsets going on display, with more talented grapplers and good stylistic matchups.  Phan vs. Garcia should be a pure slugfest ending in KO.  Brookins / Johnson is a nice wrestler vs. grappler situation with the potential for some striking thrown in.  Maia / Grove could end up all over the place.  Hendricks / Story is also hard to predict.

Strikeforce in my opinion has the higher level main event, and the most important fight from a rankings perspective in Sobral vs. Henderson.  But I see a lot of the fights ending in knockout without a good deal of grappling taking place.  Time will tell I suppose.

What are you guys expecting?

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

Responses

Master Blaster
Master Blaster
  • Predictions:  356  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  241
  • Post Score: 30

12.04.2010 | 12:02 PM ET

I will flip back and forth between both events.  Strikeforce fights might be good but the production values always feel a little cheaper.

SOmehow when you watch a UFC there's always this drama and buildup to the main event. Strikeforce cards just come on and zip through and there is never any buildup or feel like it's a single connected event. 

I don't know how to explain it but UFC events always feel like a more real "event" even if it is a small-scale TUF show.

"Break a deal, spin the wheel"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Broner vs Cobbs: Live updates and results NOW!
  • MMA Junkie : Double champ Salahdine Parnasse re-signs with KSW
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Chiesa says Tony Ferguson fight makes sense: 'It's not like they threw him to the wolves'
  • MMA Mania : Blaydes Has A ‘Slight’ Problem With UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: I don't know that we'll ever see anybody more dominant than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • Middle Easy : Tank Abbott Blames ‘Crooked’ Ex-Referee ‘Big’ John McCarthy for Getting Him Kicked Out of the UFC
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC Denver Fight Card, ESPN Lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Alex Pereira take on UFC heavyweight Tai Tuivasa in sparring
  • MMA Junkie : Extra expenses not ideal, but Garrett Armfield makes case for early UFC fights overseas
  • Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Opens Fire On Nicholas Meregali For Allegedly Having A Teenage Girlfriend
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: ONE 167 ceremonial weigh-ins and fighter faceoffs
  • MMAFighting.com : Ex-Bellator prospect Valerie Loureda has become her ‘true self’ as WWE’s Lola Vice
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White: Nobody wants to see Mike Tyson get beat by 'f*cking jerk-off' Jake Paul
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Announces New Date for Anticipated Boxing Clash with ‘Iron’ Mike Tyson
  • MMA Mania : UFC Louisville: ‘Cannonier Vs Imavov’ Predictions
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Watch Friday's PFL Europe 2 ceremonial weigh-ins live on MMA Junkie at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Bookies Reopen, Adjust Paul-Tyson Odds
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL MENA 2 lineup announced
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: McGregor vs. Chandler optimism, Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul back on
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 video: Jared Cannonier, Nassourdine Imavov get face to face for main event