Tapology Forums

Nick Diaz didn't play the game..out of fight with GSP!!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

09.07.2011 | 4:20 PM ET

Carlos THE NATURAL BORN KILLER Condit will take his place!!!!!!!!! HELLLLLLLLLLL YAAAA
seriously go to the bush leagues what the hell is Diaz's problem?!

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

Responses Page 5

rwilkerson15
rwilkerson15
  • Predictions:  2,003  |  58.0%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 193

09.08.2011 | 11:06 AM ET

@xbassistdoodx i would love 2 see that 2. seriously, what the hell was he thinking?? & BJ Penn is probably pissed the **** off. the only opponnet i can think of him 2 fight would be Fitch again to settle the score.

"Say Word..."

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

09.08.2011 | 11:15 AM ET

you can take allegiant airlines from stockton to las vegas for (one way)  29.99. i guess they should have had diaz fly from stockton instead of san francisco. he might have had the chance to make it early to the stockton airport. lol. 

* Edited at 09.08.2011, 11:16 AM ET *

itfigures
itfigures
  • Predictions:  37,266  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,455
  • Post Score: 279

09.08.2011 | 11:52 AM ET

Good post Havok and I certainly wasn't directing the comment at you.

The guy bailed on 2 pressers for a championship fight, even worse, champion vs champion. It is what it is and I agree that it was a ****** thing to do, no arguing there. As long as he weighed in and showed up to fight, who ******* cares??? Nick would say pretty much everything he had to say in the first couple questions and the rest would be people trying to get a newsworthy quote out of the guy and GSP saying **** like "Don't blink".

I just don't understand why they wouldn't punish Nick in a way that hurts him and doesn't screw the fans over even more than Nick missing the press confs. Donate a % of his purse to kids with cancer or something and roll this ****. It's not like the guy shot up some roids and then drove his honda through traffic on a police chase on the way to headlock his sister over a real estate scam.

I can't make up my mind if something fishy is going on or if this really did get this blown out of proportion.

It doesn't take a psychologist to see that Nick, clearly, has some social anxiety issues, the same can be said for some of the posters in this thread. I just wanted to see these two guys scrap it out, I think we all did, for one reason or another.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

09.08.2011 | 12:00 PM ET

@itfigures. that one paragraph is clever. you mixed in a little rampage, a little miller and a little sonnen. plus a few other people related to the other habit of some mma fighters. clever. many up arrows for you.
mmAPR0digy
mmAPR0digy
  • Predictions:  13,158  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,307
  • Post Score: 144

09.08.2011 | 12:57 PM ET

I was looking forward to seeing Diaz get beat up, but the Condit fight is more exciting.  I wanna know what's going on with Penn...

"I just want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask? - BJ Penn"

mmown
mmown
  • Predictions:  2,384  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  377
  • Post Score: 147

09.08.2011 | 1:00 PM ET

@mmaprodigy, I want to know what's going on with Penn too. I was excited about Penn vs Condit.
desauce
desauce
  • Predictions:  16,628  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,272
  • Post Score: 271

09.08.2011 | 2:48 PM ET

Diaz is a ******. i'm glad the UFC didn't put up with his childish attitude. It is his job to show up to press conferences. Wake up dude, your not in Strikeforce anymore. Strikeforce let their fighters do what they wanted but that **** doesn't fly with the UFC. Hence UFC buying out Strikeforce, not the other way around. I would of liked him to get booted from the UFC all together. Give up his belt at Strikeforce then get booted from his new job before he even got to fight. That would have been awesome. The only person that sabotages Diaz career is Diaz. he has nobody else to blame.

" I just watched a bum pick up all the trash around him and throw it away what a good bum I hope he has good karma." - Cody McKenzie

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

09.08.2011 | 4:17 PM ET

@desauce, I agree man.  I think that while missing some press conferences doesn't seem like a big deal, but in reality these guys are getting paid to do it.  If it's in your contract to attend pressers, and you sign that contract, then it is your obligation to attend.  These MMA athletes may not be getting paid as well as boxers, but they're still making good money at the top.  For as much as Nick Diaz was going to get paid, he should have taken his ass to the pressers, or at least gave Dana White a damn phone call.

Social anxiety or not, I still feel like Dana made the right choice in changing GSP's opponent.  You can't exactly take a chance that Diaz was ducking the fight in general and wait until weigh-ins, or worse - fight night - to figure it out.

* Edited at 09.08.2011, 4:35 PM ET *

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

09.08.2011 | 4:19 PM ET

Diaz has done all this before.  He wasn't ducking the fight.  He was being himself.  I don't agree with some of what @desauce said, but one thing he said is 100 percent on:  "The only person that sabotages Diaz career is Diaz.  He has nobody else to blame."  That sir is correct.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

09.08.2011 | 7:09 PM ET

Everyone please be mindful that we'll remove your posts if you cross the line and curse out fighters. Obviously Nick Diaz has upset a lot of people, but we don't need it to become a forum where we have a lot of "f him he's an f'ing f-bag."

"I live, I die, I live again."

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

09.08.2011 | 11:50 PM ET

LOL at "f'ing f-bag"

"We Are All One"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

09.09.2011 | 7:30 PM ET

Thanks @Gregory.  Curses and accusations really don't go very far guys.  Lets try to stick to the facts.  I'm a little confused on how the UFC allowed Diaz to not only keep his job, but still fight on the exact same card.  Odd.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson will be fun as long as it lasts, but 'Father Time is undefeated'
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Reacts To ‘Savage Mode’ Mike Tyson: ‘If I Was Jake Paul, I’d Be Sh*tting My Pants’
  • MMA Junkie : Michel Pereira, Roman Dolidze give conflicting perspectives on potential UFC booking
  • MMA Mania : Olympic Medalist, Knockout Machine, Future Champion?
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Reveals Earnings From UFC Video Games, How Fighters Get Paid
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren: Jon Jones would probably need two and a half minutes to finish Alex Pereira
  • UFC.com : Veronica Hardy Embraces Living In The Moment
  • MMA Mania : How To Buy Tickets For Paul Vs Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : Betting Preview: Lomachenko vs Kambosos and more
  • MMAFighting.com : Demetrious Johnson reveals how much money he’s made from EA UFC games
  • MMA Junkie : Urijah Faber: Merab Dvalishvili is a bad matchup, but 'Sean O'Malley's grappling is really good'
  • Bad Left Hook : Rafael Espinoza vs Sergio Chirino official for June 21
  • MMA Junkie : Upkick alert! Canadian prospect Jayden Martin cracks opponent in jaw for TKO
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira explains why he won’t fight Roman Dolidze at UFC Louisville
  • Bad Left Hook : Alimkhanuly vs Mikhailovich targeted for July 13 in Las Vegas
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Claims He’s NOT Fighting Dolidze At UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : 'Is Jon Jones that same guy?': Daniel Cormier says heavyweight champion's form untested in divisional debut
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC owners: Antitrust settlement ended without ‘any further changes to UFC’s existing business operations’
  • Middle Easy : Michael Chandler Vows to Retire Conor McGregor at UFC 303, Explains Viral Pic with Machine Gun Kelly
  • MMA Junkie : FedEx reportedly fires worker chucking boxes in viral video from UFC CEO Dana White