Topic: MMA Media & Websites

GIVE IT UP FOR 'THE VOICE'

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

StealingFire
StealingFire
  • Predictions:  171  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  921
  • Post Score: 155

05.20.2017 | 2:32 AM ET

Very few people can be called an MMA legend without ever having stepped into the cage. Michael Schiavello is one of them. Truly the **** Vitale of combat sports, this man's lungs will be hard to fill. 

The best of luck...

"Prepare for an eternity of me kicking your ass. -Hank Hill"

Responses

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,017  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

05.21.2017 | 6:02 AM ET

Is he quitting commentary entirely? Sad if so. Should have worked for a bigger company just for his ability to say "IT'S GOODNIGHT IRENE!" alone.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

05.21.2017 | 12:50 PM ET

Mainus is Bloody!!!!!!!

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

05.21.2017 | 9:33 PM ET

I like Schiavello, but Mauro Ranallo is leaps and bounds better than him.  The only that is on par with/better than Ranallo is Jim Ross.

"..."

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,038  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

05.22.2017 | 1:40 AM ET

Mauro Ranallo is only good if he puts in the leg work and studies hard for an event.If hasn't watched footage,studied the fighters it can be pathetic.I remember plenty of occasions but this one Invicta event he got everyone's name wrong and just totally hacked it up all night.Lauren Murphy I think was 5-0 with 5 gnp tko's and he's just going off about how her striking is great,she has all this standing ko power etc. meanwhile she has no striking really (especially then) and no real KO power.

He didn't waver from this,continued commentating on the fight like she's some powerful striker.He has events where he's just horrible,and it's usually quite obvious with him if he did his HW or not,but overall I think he's a mediocre commentator.I remember when he first started in Pride and didn't even know anything about mma,oh god that was ******* dreadful.Schiavello is tolerable....finally cause I just got so used to him,but his shtick gets old and dry quick,

They all are great compared to Robin Black or Gus Johnson.Actually the last 6 months or more I pretty much stopped watching One FC,they had I think Mitch Chilson turn into some cartoon character sound wise and the change is unbearable,totally killed One FC for me,I can't do it.

I don't really have a point in anything,sometimes I just ramble,I guess basically I don't really care if he's retiring lol.

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,996  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

05.22.2017 | 2:03 AM ET

Everyone knows the Fight Nights Global commentator is the GOAT. (The Fedor vs. Maldonado guy)

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

StealingFire
StealingFire
  • Predictions:  171  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  921
  • Post Score: 155

05.27.2017 | 5:29 PM ET

Friday night, Legacy 13

If he doesn't say 'Goodnight Irene' at the end of the last fight I'm going to be severely disappointed.

"Prepare for an eternity of me kicking your ass. -Hank Hill"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Dillon Danis Delivers X-Rated Retort After Paige VanZant Shreds Him on Social Media
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez hopes Alexandre Pantoja retains title at UFC 301: 'I want to fight the guy that beat me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor warns Ryan Garcia to get his head right: ‘I’m going to smash it in with elbows if you don’t’
  • MMA Mania : Tom Who? Jones Pursuing ‘Insane’ Pereira Fight
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Everyone hits marks in Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Jose Aldo makes weight for final fight
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 main, co-main event official weigh-in highlights video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC 301 weigh-in video LIVE now
  • MMA Mania : Ronda Won’t Play Rousey In Netflix Biopic
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones favors Alex Pereira heavyweight clash over Tom Aspinall: ‘Tom only matters in the U.K.’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘We see the type of person he is’: Haney not interested in Garcia rematch after failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : UFC champ Alex Pereira thinks Jiri Prochazka most likely next in line: 'Ankalaev is going to have to wait'
  • MMA Junkie : Jon Jones: Alex Pereira matchup would be 'biggest fight in MMA history' and 'no one can argue that'
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dustin Poirier admits title win could be perfect ending to career: ‘This is the last chapter’
  • MMA Junkie : Scale snafus: UFC official weigh-in misses in 2024
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video at 8 a.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : Every UFC event in history with three or more weigh-in misses
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC 301 Early Weigh Ins Results!