Topic: Namajunas vs. Waterson-Gomez

Namajunas vs. Waterson

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

02.11.2017 | 9:41 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Namajunas vs. Waterson. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

02.11.2017 | 9:41 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Waterson-Gomez   wrong Decision  

Awesome fight.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,996  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

02.12.2017 | 3:08 PM ET

I was hoping that Waterson would draw either Rose or Tecia next, so I'm excited for this bout! More exposure for both Rose and Michelle, too. In a FOX main event, the winner (or potentially both girls) could get another big boost. Should be an excellent fight.

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

02.14.2017 | 5:08 AM ET

I think this fight goes deep with a razor close decision for whoever. Kinda leaning towards Rose by being bigger and likely the slicker of the two on the mat. Michelle has momentum though.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 1 day, 3 hours, and 34 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

02.14.2017 | 6:50 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Waterson-Gomez   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

Great fight.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

sheeps
sheeps
  • Predictions:  30  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 67

04.09.2017 | 8:57 PM ET

Prediction: correct Namajunas   correct Submission   correct Round 2  

r3?
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

04.10.2017 | 10:07 AM ET

Litbuanian superiorty factor

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  215
  • Post Score: 79

04.10.2017 | 10:15 AM ET

@WastelandWanderer Why does being lithuanian is a superior factor? explain to me ^^
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

04.10.2017 | 10:20 AM ET

@AlexTheCuckhold after multiple and various wars and genocides against them ( from the Teutonic pagan conquests / the Great North war / the Soviet suppression) they have retained and kept their unique culture, language(nation wide fluency/litreacy, which is alot more than most Scots or Irish could say. Also impressive is that the teaching of their langauge and customs were banned fully during the Soviet era, with serious punishments fof breaking the rule - considering its full extent and literacy rate today illustrates even more how strong souled they are ) and fighting spirit, they still suffer (in Lithuania) from economy stagnations and poverty among other issues, but mostly they are a really wholesome and unique peoples, with huge potential and really good souls ( i have many friends from there, so i may suffer from a bias..) 

At their peak they were leaders of a "Lithuanian Grand Duchy" , go read up on it, it was an oustanding nation while it was alive

* Edited at 04.10.2017, 10:34 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  215
  • Post Score: 79

04.10.2017 | 10:31 AM ET

@WastelandWanderer Ok thank you, i understand better why she should win now ^^
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

04.10.2017 | 10:35 AM ET

She has a more rounded out game better killer instinct, equal or similar momentum(regardless of loss), and improves as the fight goes on, also ufc stage experience edge (slight size adv). She lacks in physical power and speed compared to Karate hottie, stamina may be debatable, its kind of coin toss, Hotties physical capacities and strength and grappling defense may get her the w but she may have to work hard for it, Rose has "shark smells blood" instinct which i think could steal her it with right opening, although hotties stand up will be too much for rose if she is not well conditioned and disciplined with defense, as it goes further, ( although rose is no slouch in stand up )scramble and clinch /fence wise rose would have the edge i think, thats where she wins for me, but Hotties physical strength / fast twitch explosive capability may allow her to muscle rose in the grappling, and bully her as the fight wears on, so again tricky to call, Hottie is rightful favorite your welcome for the comment likes, now go ahead and give your insight Lord Alex "we are not worthy"

Belgium has high quality and availability of kickboxing, why dont you go and do some to compliment your bjj ? It will straighten you out a little too, something you need

* Edited at 04.10.2017, 11:10 AM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

04.10.2017 | 11:56 AM ET

Sorry guys i have issues if you want ban my account now i know i piss everyone off on here i wish i never went on the internet anyway it screwed my head even more i shouldnt have even been born anyway i am a "mistake" kind of thing or whatever so sorry about that best of luck with picks

Phillpjohnstonmma
Phillpjohnstonmma
  • Predictions:  13  |  46.2%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 0

04.11.2017 | 9:40 AM ET

Watersan by decis
Ultramagnetic
Ultramagnetic
  • Predictions:  63,954  |  72.0%
  • Forum Posts:  595
  • Post Score: 338

04.11.2017 | 9:10 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Waterson-Gomez   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

"How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm once they've seen Karl Hungus."

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

04.11.2017 | 11:02 PM ET

Karate Hottie!!!

I've been in love with the karate hottie for what seems over a decade. The ring girl/Toddy Thai box fight girl (felice herig was in too)finally getting main line press is great and well deserved. She that badass who makes me go 6 to 12 every time I see her. Love seeing her fox sp1 show. She is great and I love her. If you root against her you Can go first yourself with the burning fist of Satan. 

<3

* Edited at 04.11.2017, 11:18 PM ET *

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

04.11.2017 | 11:08 PM ET

@wasteland. I love you But you're young or new to this. Karate been big in woman mma and owns the stage. I'd say that's more why Rose (who I live too) lostvto Esparza

If my future boo loses, that won't be that reason. 

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

Ultramagnetic
Ultramagnetic
  • Predictions:  63,954  |  72.0%
  • Forum Posts:  595
  • Post Score: 338

04.12.2017 | 2:34 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Waterson-Gomez   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

"How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm once they've seen Karl Hungus."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

04.12.2017 | 6:54 AM ET

Waterson is the slight underdog on betting sites so that is agood pick there.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

04.12.2017 | 3:53 PM ET

I wish I could pick split decision, because I absolutely would, regardless of who I pick.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 1 day, 3 hours, and 34 minutes from now.
Gunnar
Gunnar
  • Predictions:  2,576  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  172
  • Post Score: 66

04.13.2017 | 2:42 AM ET

I'll start this by saying I really like Rose as a fighter. She has a very complete game and is just generally a scrappy fighter. I also begun looking at this fight with Rose in mind as someone I would likely lean given the power (nothing amazing but substantial) in her strikes and her gameness in grappling scrambles. Rose is someone who is incredibly variable when it comes to her mentally leading in to a fight and of course her performance due to that mental state. Waterson I believe is significantly more mentally strong and will be able to steer the course and force Rose to concede positions and the momentum of the fight. We know Waterson is with JacksonWink and they will have gameplanned the **** out of Rose, so that also factors into my thinking. I see the fight playing out with a competitive first round followed by Rose conceding the lead in terms of scorecards and who controls the fight.
jmartini1985
jmartini1985
  • Predictions:  168  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: -54

04.13.2017 | 11:15 PM ET

easy money

I think its not an easy fight for either girl, there very similar. Rose is bigger and has a hell of a jab, i think on the feet there close i think waterson is more athletic with better defense and better kicks to establish range. Rose is no slouch on the feet either shes big and fights long for the weight her jab is slick. On the ground i think there is a noticeable advantage for waterson I hear people saying rose lol but they clearly need to watch more tape. Rose is good on the ground but waterson is more flexible has better positional grappling she has the ability to scramble more and passes better.. The biggest factor here is the mental part, rose is very weak minded and once things dont go her way she gives up much like anthony johnson. I think the ufc is pushing hard for michelle waterson to be the next big thing. Its a 60/40 fight in my eyes but im going with waterson and so is every major hanicapper in the sport. Casual fans will bet najamaunas but big bettors and successful handicappers all picked waterson at like an 93% pick rate so easy money plus the slight underdog money makes this a no brainer in my eyes.. WATERSON 

"Better to die like a man than live like a coward"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout