Topic: Injuries & Deaths

Upcoming promotion to honor fighter whose death was questionable!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

whaynes
whaynes
  • Predictions:  28,330  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  45
  • Post Score: -147

01.20.2017 | 7:23 PM ET

UFC fighter Josh Samman spent five days in the hospital unconcious in October of last year, and had heroin, cocaine, and ethanol in his system at the original screening, according to the medical examiner. At the time of the articles that I found he, and his friend and roommate, Troy Kirkingburg, was found unconcious in their apartment. Kirkingburg was DOA. Since Samman was in the hospital in a coma for five days, all screening samples had been thrown out, according to the ME, as he could not say for sure as to the cause of his death! Nothing is rock solid about his death, but his history of drug rehabs as well as the original screening say quite a bit.
Although he was known for his out-of-ring exploits and well as his in-ring performances, I think what is happening is another among many of the wrong ideas being sent out to MMA fans!! I got slammed when I said this kind of thing before because children are not allowed here(?). My response then and now are the same: do you think kids are stupid and won't hear about this?? He created a promotion called Combat Night in Tallahassee, FL which will become an official event, on January 21, which is called Combat Night Pro. Proceeds for this event will go toward a scholarship that will be given out to young MMA fighters, to help pay for things such as equipment, gear, tuition, gym fees, and even traveling expenses to their fights! 
Considering that he had all of this and still ended up the way he did tells me that it might not be such a good thing. It wasn't his idea, this scholarship, but is in "honor" of him by his friend and business partner, Mitchell Chamale. As a starter for young fighters, it's great, but how he got there is not so much. Just like when Jon Jones was charged and convicted of possession, the UFC brought him back so fast it made my head spin!! And now it seems that whatever happens in a fighter's private life doesn't matter at all!!! I'll probably get slammed for this, but I speak my mind and will not back off my own beliefs and experiences. Yes, I am a recovering drug addict, so maybe I have a stronger feeling about this than others do. 
Fans and fighters complain about the "illegal drug compounds" used by fighters. Try the ****tail I mentioned earlier and see how things go! I rode that rollercoaster for 27 yrs and was lucky to make it off. If I'd've had his money, I don't know. You all may have been lucky enough not to have to read my swill. But here I am, saying that there are other "illegal drugs" that are worse than fat burners or diuretics! If anybody else on here ever did these drugs, and has the stones to admit it, they'll tell you the same story. And I'm not writing this to dirty his name. I believe he did that all by himself.

"I speak my mind because I have one!!"

Responses

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,489  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,788
  • Post Score: 180

01.21.2017 | 11:15 AM ET

Did Josh have issues? Yes

Did he make mistakes? Yes

Are you a self-righteous prick? Yes

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,033  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

01.21.2017 | 11:51 AM ET

Drug addiction can happen to anyone and Josh probably made >$200,000 in his 3+ year UFC career so he wasn't exactly rich unless he came from a family with money. Complaining about trying to make something good out of his death is sanctimonious, hypocritical, and quite frankly dumb as ****.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Canelo vs Munguia: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 odds: Opening and closing betting line movements
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Results: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: CEAST AND DESIST!
  • MMA Junkie : Artur Beterbiev vs. Dmitry Bivol postponed due to injury
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Welcomes Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Accepts Jones’ Heavyweight Challenge
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville, Ky.
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 ABC Conference set for July in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Video! Oliveira Cradles Teammate During Terrifying Weight Cut
  • UFC.com : Drakkar Klose Is Tuning Out The Noise
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Fighters talk favorite Jose Aldo memories ahead of UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Beterbiev vs Bivol postponed due to injury, rest of card goes on
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Paul Craig: Caio Borralho in Rio not favorable, but 'we have built our career in the UFC over upsets'
  • UFC.com : The Most Dangerous Vinc Pichel
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Promises To ‘Knock McGregor Out Bad’
  • MMA Junkie : Charles Oliveira willing to be backup for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler – under one condition
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Preview: 26 Random Tidbits, Facts And Storylines