Tapology Forums

Meryl Streep

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Dodgey
Dodgey
  • Predictions:  5,791  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  674
  • Post Score: 271

01.09.2017 | 7:23 AM ET

Looks like the talented actress Meryl Streep has used MMA to attack Donald Trump.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-golden-globes-2017-live-hollywood-s-president-meryl-streep-1483933196-htmlstory.html

Sounds like she may be outta touch, what do you guys think?

I think she a little crazy, but that long at the top your mind going to go.

* Edited at 01.09.2017, 7:38 AM ET *

"Just an average guy with exceptional hair, nothing more, nothing less" Kenny Powers

Responses Page 3

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

01.17.2017 | 7:47 PM ET

John podesta had the word password as his PW. ******* pathetic. not only that, the FBI told the DNC 5 times they were being hacked but they were too busy celebrating their BS early win. lol. She spent 1 billion dollars compared to under 200 million for trump. If that dumb ***** was campaigning in the rust belt states instead of listening to bon jovi, beyonce and bruce springsteen (the days b4 the actual vote)she might have won.  I'll give Trump a chance. he already has about 5 companies saying they are pumping billions in the U.S. I find it ironic that obama just commuted the sentence of that chelsea "gal" who supplied info to wikileaks which was the downfall of Clinton. Jullian Assange is a great man. I bet he likes MMA too!

* Edited at 01.17.2017, 8:30 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 7 months, 3 days, 6 hours, and 28 minutes from now.
jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

01.17.2017 | 9:20 PM ET

Thomas Jefferson once said, "If God is truly just, I tremble for the fate of my country."

Any political system that leaves you with the choice of Trump or Hilary Clinton is not just flawed but completely broken.  At the very least I hope this presidency leads to needed electoral reform.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

01.18.2017 | 7:07 AM ET

No electoral reform is needed. Votes of no confidence are.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

01.18.2017 | 11:30 AM ET

@mikeyg I'm not so much outraged that Trump got elected, more that I lack any confidence in his ability to do the job. His actions since the election, in his choices for his cabinet, as well as his inability to take criticism, also his business ties and possible conflict of interest. He has shown he doesn't have the mentality for a job that often needs compromise and where he will face criticism on a daily basis. At least that's the impresaion he has given so far.

The fact he and the Republican run congress have been constantly trying to repeal the ACA without telling plans for a viable replacement, which could have devastating effects on my family and others in our situation. Though they at times tread softly due to public backlash.

That being said I hate the two party system and such simplistic broad generalizing labels like liberal and conservative when most people have ideals that fall on both sides on the spectrum. I hate treating politics like a sports game of team red vs team blue. I don't look at issues based on whether they are supported by Red or Blue I go from the issues up which is why I'm registered non-partisan.

This past election turned into a circus sideshow of epic proportions and I agree like most that neither candidate was good and Hilary ran an awful campaign and was not a great candidate and was entirely overconfident but just because I was not a fan of hers doesn't mean I have to like Trump instead. I don't see Trump getting elected as purely Anti-PC backlash  though it may have been that for some people. However Trump will not change anything in this area except make himself look like a hypocrite who can dish it out but can't take.  I see it as an anti-establishment backlash. People were pissed because they claim Hilary was in the pocket of Wall Street which she was as are most politicians but what they wound up doing was cutting out the middleman and electing Wall Street directly. So now it's not only the capaign that is tied to Wall Street and special interest but his entire personal wealth and family businesses

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

01.18.2017 | 12:59 PM ET

@bigJ don't worry in a generation or two we will have "perfect happiness"

sorry about your families situation I didn't fully read your comment, but don't feel alone  we are all in the same boat with our problems we are all ****** in different ways .. I could tell you a thing or two about my 'family' and some'problems' we / they had but this thread is already depressing enough ..

go checkout the grave yard villages in Phillipines. . They live in and around their grave sites. Also in Cairo "the dead city" at least they are directly above their dead as opposed to in and or around like in Phillipines ( saw it myself ).. sorry just trying to illustrate were all in the boat together here were all fu€ked in different and unique ways the only real release when you have a good sleep with dream or on passing before reincarnation ( unless your soul is ready for something greater .. or worse ?).. so we have to take it all on the chin keep going forward sorry you are a great person / soul we all know this and you are a great family man an inspiration and role model keep pressing forward we will reach something better in this life or the next .. 

* Edited at 01.18.2017, 3:17 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

01.18.2017 | 1:00 PM ET

slowly but surely working towards perfect happiness

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

01.19.2017 | 7:59 AM ET

The last election turned into a circus because the media let it be that way. Most the media clearly had a favorite so that let them put about any news that could to try to get their person in while ignoring other news.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

01.24.2017 | 7:36 PM ET

The only news i really believe is PBS's Frontline, Nova and another show i can't remember on that channel. Also,  **** chelsea handler and her tirade vs Melania Trump. MT can speak 5 languages and actually wears decent clothes while (ch) thinks her body is perfect and admits to orgies. That old hag : madonna was probably turned down by one of trumps sons or cousins for her vitriol. Talk about someone who wants to keep in the limelight. There are about 25(Katy Perry, Cher , etc, etc) of these woman who said they would move to CANADA if clinton lost. Please move and see if you can get any attention in canada. For citizenship to Canada they would have to block a slapshot from Sidney Crosby with their face right in front of the net. As for the other party, the libertarians, Gary Johnson who was the former governor of New Mexico was asked a really easy question on who was president of Mexico and he could not name the current one  or the last few. That is pathetic if you were governor of NM. The 3rd party needs a better candidate and if the democrats would have voted Bernie Sanders(would not have given clinton most of those super delegates) i would have voted for him b/c he has me convinced he tells the truth. Sanders would have beaten Trump imho.

* Edited at 01.24.2017, 7:38 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 7 months, 3 days, 6 hours, and 28 minutes from now.
mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

01.24.2017 | 9:50 PM ET

@BigJ

You can lack confidence, but to be a fair-minded citizen you should give the incoming democratically elected president a chance, this was my point to @Sonnensyringe. Now that he's president and actually doing things, cool, it's open season. But in this context it was before he was president that you said this. We'll see about his temperament and mentality to be president, again, that's your conjecture. He seems to have toned down at least 80% and is very calm now.

From what I've read from you, I wouldn't call you clearly non-partisan, maybe you lean that way now, but politically you seem to go pretty left. You have very liberal views on things, as I have been demonstrating in this thread alone. If anything you're trying to steal my thunder of being the independent unbiased party here when I said it was puke milkshake vs. turd sandwich. I've only ever seen you go after the right wing and Trump, not Hillary or the left...

Not much else to dispute since I agree with some things you said in your response (but it looked like damage control imo). However, you didn't address too much of what I said though, so I suppose that's it for now.

* Edited at 01.24.2017, 9:52 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 3 days, 4 hours, and 58 minutes from now.

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : 'That's some bullsh*t': Max Holloway believes Justin Gaethje deserves credit for first UFC career knockdown
  • MMA Junkie : Melissa Gatto fights Tamires Vidal at UFC Fight Night 241 after Hailey Cowan injured
  • MMA Mania : VanZant Stares Down Brooke Ahead Of Misfits Clash
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 4
  • Bad Left Hook : Tellez vs Jackson: Live discussion, 8 pm ET
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Is Just Getting Started Following His Epic BMF Title Win at UFC 300, Credits Justin Gaethje for First UFC Knockdown
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Is Just Getting Started Following His Epic BMF Title Win at UFC 300: ‘I’m a Young Man’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Islam Makhachev of 'sniper' Leon Edwards: 'Be careful what you wish for'
  • MMA Mania : Officer ‘Bad Boy’ Reporting For Duty!
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Does the UFC hosting more events on the road mean APEX cards will soon end?
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in faceoff highlights video, photo gallery
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video, photo gallery
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Declan Moody vs Anton Minenko
  • UFC.com : Bogdan Guskov Wants To Establish Himself As A Contender
  • MMA Mania : Face Off! Nicolau Stares Down Perez At APEX!
  • UFC.com : UFC 5 Brings Gamers Closer To The Action Than Ever
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 91 weigh-in results: 2 fighters miss weight
  • MMA Junkie : NAC withholds earnings from two UFC 300 winners; hearings scheduled
  • Middle Easy : Kayla Harrison Turned Down a Clash with Ketlen Vieira at UFC 303: ‘Stop Running and Sign the Contract’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 weigh-in results: Two fighters heavy – including 2.5-pound miss