Topic: MMA Media & Websites

Skip Bayless

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

12.17.2016 | 10:00 PM ET

Listening to this hack talk about mma makes me sick. He did nothing but trash mma and put boxing on a pedestal. That's fine imo, if that's how you feel. I enjoy boxing, but I prefer mma, and it's not even close. With that being said, Skip clearly has no real knowledge of mma, yet he continues to run his mouth. He only started leaning towards mma once he started with FS1. He found another "controversial" opinion and he started running his filthy mouth about it. This man has no business talking about a sport I love. He has no business talking about fighters that I admire. These fighters put it all on the line, only to have this glorified braying donkey prosper off of their work. I don't know why it pissed me off so bad except for the fact that this @$$hole just jumped on when it became profitable to him. Makes me sick that there are most likely people who actually put any stock in his opinion of mma, let alone any other sport. 

"Where are my shoes?"

Responses

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

12.17.2016 | 10:58 PM ET

@mbach

TBH, I hate when Colin Cowherd talks about MMA more so than Bayless.  Everyone treats Bayless like a clown, and no one takes anything his geriatric ass seriously, even when he was on ESPN 2 and putting his foot in his mouth when talking on First Take with Stephen A Smith.  The man hasn't had credibility as a reporter since the 80s when he was reporting on the Cowboys as a lowly beat writer.  He's says ridiculous **** because he is playing as a caricature of a reporter.  And while I hate him, I don't think the majority of people who watch him puts stock into what he says.  Yeah you have a few people that give him credibility, but they are slim to none.

Cowherd, meanwhile, is actually viewed as having some ******* credibility not just among people who watch him, but ACTUAL PUNDITS AND REPORTERS in the media as well.  This **** stick doesn't give a **** about MMA, talks out of his ass about everything, and yet he is looked at like he has legit sources and legit takes on whatever he says.  This is despite the fact he has his head so far up his own ass, he can't see daylight.  For example, Cowherd was taken more serious on saying it was likely for Mayweather vs McGregor to happen than actual combat sports writers like Ariel Helwani, Luke Thomas, Dave Meltzer, Shaun Al-Shatti, and even Kevin Iole who said there was NO CHANCE of it happening due to the exclusivity rules in Conor's contract.  To me, he is a bigger **** stain on combat sports media, and sports media in general, than Bayless.

Bayless knows his place as someone with no credibility and that he is relevant because he is an entertainer that says crazy ****.  Cowherd acts like he a legit reporter, when he is a ******* hack that no one would give a **** about if he got fired from Fox Sports.

"..."

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

12.18.2016 | 1:35 AM ET

**** both these ******* ****s

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  83,005  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

12.18.2016 | 1:49 AM ET

Skip bayless has no place in 2016
trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  83,005  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

12.18.2016 | 1:53 AM ET

Skip Bayless is a  gimmick that  is old, and why a network pays this negative racist ****** is amazing, his whole existence is to criticize people who can do things he can't even think of doing.
Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,038  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

12.18.2016 | 2:31 AM ET

Kenny Bayless and Skip Bayless should fight.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

12.18.2016 | 2:36 AM ET

@trevpicks I wouldn't go so far as calling Bayless a racist.  I just think he is an old fool who meanders and dawdles on like a dip****, because he thinks he is making an excellent point and saying something relevant when in reality he is saying nothing.

"..."

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

12.18.2016 | 2:45 PM ET

@greenhornet

Totally agree on Cowturd having zero credibility as well. It was just that they ran that ****** commercial for that terrible show. I saw that and had to listen to him talk about rousey, who along with mcgregor, are probably the only two fighters Skip knows anything about. He's part of that old guard who just wrote off mma until there was too much money for them to ignore. Dude's a joke. But yeah, Colin is just as bad. He has no credible sources. He just gets access to fighters because he has a show on fs1. You can tell when he interviews the fighters that they are actually annoyed with him because he knows jack and **** about fighting. And jack just left town. 

"Where are my shoes?"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Four Former Trials Winners Given Invites To ADCC 2024
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Hopes to ‘Finish His Story’ at UFC 302 with a Lightweight Title Victory Over Islam Makhachev
  • Bad Left Hook : Cameron splits with Matchroom, signs with Queensberry
  • MMA Junkie : William Gomis vs. Jean Silva scrapped from UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : William Gomis struggles to step on scale at UFC 301 weigh-ins, bout cancelled
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Cal Ellenor vs Niall Wilson
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter lands just one punch for 11-second knockout
  • Middle Easy : Dillon Danis Delivers X-Rated Retort After Paige VanZant Shreds Him on Social Media
  • MMAFighting.com : William Gomis struggles to step on scale at UFC 301 weigh-ins
  • MMA Junkie : Brendan Loughnane vs. Justin Gonzales headlines 2024 PFL 6 in South Dakota
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo vs. Munguia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez hopes Alexandre Pantoja retains title at UFC 301: 'I want to fight the guy that beat me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor warns Ryan Garcia to get his head right: ‘I’m going to smash it in with elbows if you don’t’
  • MMA Mania : Tom Who? Jones Pursuing ‘Insane’ Pereira Fight
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Everyone hits marks in Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in results: Jose Aldo makes weight for final fight
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 main, co-main event official weigh-in highlights video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC 301 weigh-in video LIVE now
  • MMA Mania : Ronda Won’t Play Rousey In Netflix Biopic